Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
why don't any of the newer packs have mekanism?
Official packs tend not to. I don't know the exact reason, however I believe it could be due to the fact that Mekanism can be very buggy, it can crash, even though it shouldn't. (it relies on external stuff that it probably shouldn't/it could re-distribute with the mod)
However, there's a few third party packs that use it, for example Let it End and Regrowth.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any magical ways of making RF power? I was thinking of getting a mob grinder with wisps then crush up the wisp drops and use the aspects they drop to make some alumentum and power a generator with that. But that seems like to much work.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any magical ways of making RF power? I was thinking of getting a mob grinder with wisps then crush up the wisp drops and use the aspects they drop to make some alumentum and power a generator with that. But that seems like to much work.
Technomancy mod. It can use nodes to make RF ;) (IIRC)

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Mana Fluxfield exists in Botania, but it's the only magical mod to natively support power to RF. The only other options are in Technomancy (which also provides RF >magical power options, which can easily unbalance some magic mods)

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Mana Fluxfield exists in Botania, but it's the only magical mod to natively support power to RF. The only other options are in Technomancy (which also provides RF >magical power options, which can easily unbalance some magic mods)
Yeah, or you could always create something like alumentum (that's the fuel source, right?) and put that into a generator which accepts it

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Electro-Magic Tools(TC addon) have lots of different Solar panels and generators all tied into the Thaumcraft aspects. Like the Arbor Generator that produces power of the Arbor aspects from for example a tree farm. Granted they produce IC2 EU, but most packs have solutions that can easily transform it over to RF these days.

If Electro-Magic Tools is actually updated to 1.7, I don't know though.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Yeah, or you could always create something like alumentum (that's the fuel source, right?) and put that into a generator which accepts it
That is possible, but i wouldn't consider it magical power > RF Power, just magically improved (char)coal power.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
You don't need to go the mob grinder route for Alumentum production. You only need a tree farm, charcoal furnace churning out charcoals, cobble gen and an alchemical construct.

The charcoal is fed into alchemical furnace to get both potentia and ignis, which are fed directly into the alchemical construct. Also, charcoal is fed directly into the alchemical construct as well, for either charcoal or coal is needed to make Alumentum.

The cobble is fed into another alchemical furnace to make terra and perditio, where terra is voided and perditio is fed into the alchemical construct.

And there, automated alumentum production.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a block or some way to just go through all your items and learn there aspects? I swear I saw something like this in Logistics Pipes.

Kassaria

Jul 29, 2019
There was once a setting, "notify-item=CONSOLE, OP," in the NEIServer.cfg file. I cannot seem to find this file in the 1.7.10 variant of Direwolf20, and I can't find this line in any of the other config files.

Does anyone know where this option is, or an option that has an identical function to it?

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
I have a problem with frames, is anyone aware of a limitation on the number of frames?

OK that is the simple question, now some detail. I built a quarry in the deep dark, I built UP at bedrock (Why? Why not?), anyway it is 64 blocks wide and has 172 annihilation planes on the front and the mining is done by mining wells at the back which are powered from the top (because hollow frames don't work with enderIO energy pipes) and about 12 vacuum chests (VC's) attached to Dimensional transceivers (DT's) to collect the drops.

The rig moves when I don't have the row of 64 frames that connect the VC'c and DT's to the rig, which means they also don't move. The frames are definitely set correctly with the top disabled from connection to the bedrock roof, they all have (T) when viewed and they stack when I remove them.

As I write this I had a thought that maybe the Vacuum chests don't work on frames, I will check that tomorrow (as its 1AM later today) but any other ideas would be appreciated

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Funky Locomotion or Remain In Motion frames? RiM has better TileEntity support as far as I'm aware of.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I was helping Jakj back when he put out the first iteration of the mod (Redstone In Motion,) and one of the first things I did was build small mining bores with all sorts of known block breakers back then. So I know TileEntities aren't an issue with them, given how well PlanetGuy handled the original code. (Jakj didn't code directly in a Java environment.)

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2