Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PokeMaserJ

Jul 29, 2019
-_- That is horrible to read

dunno what yalsm or headcrumbs are

But I do think it is just HQM quests derping out
I'm going to edit it. It was temp. (Edit) yalsm is a mod that has zombie flesh smelt into leather. Head Crumbs is a mod that adds a BUNCH of heads; player heads as well as Mob heads from different mods.

PokeMaserJ

Jul 29, 2019
This SEEMS to be what starts all the havoc I am having. Anyone who knows the code, can you please tell me what this means? "Caught exception from neresources
java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: quartzOresClusterAmount"

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Question:
How can we stop illegal distribution of mods?

(btw, I used two hours on sending DMCA takedown notices today...)
Think the only realistic way is to make sure that your source for the mod is the only source that is sure to be up to date at all time and that people know that.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
To avoid the bedrock fog or Void fog (or whatever it is called), you have to build floor level above level 16 right? (MC 1.6)
I know Optifine can disable it, but it is not really running very well with other things.

AttackOfTheCreepers

Jul 29, 2019
To avoid the bedrock fog or Void fog (or whatever it is called), you have to build floor level above level 16 right? (MC 1.6)
I know Optifine can disable it, but it is not really running very well with other things.
I believe you can just mine a hole from the surface to bedrock to get rid of it but I may be mistaken.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I believe you can just mine a hole from the surface to bedrock to get rid of it but I may be mistaken.
Yeah, should have explained it a bit more. I am contemplating a underwater base in an Ocean Abyss biome with the ocean floor at Y-level 7. Not sure if the water allows for light to clear the fog(does not seem like it, the deepest layers are very dark) and due to obvious reasons all parts of the base will be covered by glass, carpenters or solid blocks.

I will probably build the base up on stilts, just need to know how high up I need to make it.

AttackOfTheCreepers

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, should have explained it a bit more. I am contemplating a underwater base in an Ocean Abyss biome with the ocean floor at Y-level 7. Not sure if the water allows for light to clear the fog(does not seem like it, the deepest layers are very dark) and due to obvious reasons all parts of the base will be covered by glass, carpenters or solid blocks.

I will probably build the base up on stilts, just need to know how high up I need to make it.
Oh then I have no idea, sorry! I'm sure others will.

PokeMaserJ

Jul 29, 2019
Just curious. What are the conditions for an "eerie" biome from Thuamcraft to spread /how to stop it and what are the conditions for Furious Zombies to spawn / how to stop it?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Just curious. What are the conditions for an "eerie" biome from Thuamcraft to spread /how to stop it and what are the conditions for Furious Zombies to spawn / how to stop it?
Eerie biomes are caused by sinister nodes. Breaking the nodes will stop the biomes from forming/spreading and stopping zombies from spawning.

You usually find the Sinister nodes in Obsidian circles or in Obsidian totems.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
rhn has it on the dot. You can also find them in Barrows (mounds of earth with loot inside) and the Etheral Obelisk Structure in 1.7.10 versions of Thaumcraft. They do (fairly rarely) spawn in the wild, outside of these structures, but the Eerie Biome it forms will usually give it away. Hence Eeriee biomes can often signify a location for looting later on.

If you wish to remove the eerie biome i think the only choice is to use Silverwood trees, I'm not sure etheral blooms will work on them.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
rhn has it on the dot. You can also find them in Barrows (mounds of earth with loot inside) and the Etheral Obelisk Structure in 1.7.10 versions of Thaumcraft. They do (fairly rarely) spawn in the wild, outside of these structures, but the Eerie Biome it forms will usually give it away. Hence Eeriee biomes can often signify a location for looting later on.

If you wish to remove the eerie biome i think the only choice is to use Silverwood trees, I'm not sure etheral blooms will work on them.
Blooms do indeed work on them and are a much better choice than the silverwood trees, as they will return the biome to its original state, not change it to Magical forest.

If you find a cool place to build(and don't like Eerie biomes for natural spawner/mana beans/whatever) I strongly recommend exploring around in 10+ chunks radius and breaking all the Obsidian totems/circles you can find. This way you can completely avoid having to clean them up later.

PokeMaserJ

Jul 29, 2019
Eerie biomes are caused by sinister nodes. Breaking the nodes will stop the biomes from forming/spreading and stopping zombies from spawning.

You usually find the Sinister nodes in Obsidian circles or in Obsidian totems.
If it's in an obelisk, will breaking the node cause it to not be able to forum a portal?

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
You prob want to steer clear of the Obelisks until you have at least iron level armor. They spawn crimson cultists and/or Eldrich Guardians. Both of which are fairly nasty fights without some sort of protection.(and this is in additon to any furious zombies the Sinisiter Node might spawn)

I'd leave the node intact there though, I think it's part of the process of opening the way to the dungeon hidden within.

(Disclaimer: I have not had a chance to play with the newest Thaumcraft)

EDIT: and that's assuming you don't like Magical Forests. Myself, I love them (at least the natural ones)

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
ttCore has a config option to disable void fog

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
Is there a target date for TE3's duct thingies for 1.7.10?

I miss them terribly, and I can only see soon™ on their website :(

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a target date for TE3's duct thingies for 1.7.10?

I miss them terribly, and I can only see soon™ on their website :(
No there is no official date. But why not just use one of the much better alternatives out there?
ExU transfer pipes, EnderIO conduits (coming from someone who hates the mod with a burning passion), buildcraft (now it supports RF, the pipes are great)... or if you want ones for only power:
Mekanism, Flowing Flux

Reactions: Padfoote