Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
i used a Breadth-First Search Upgrade and that fixed it.

I have a input chest.
extra utilities transport pipes to pump all input into JABBA barrels (on the back).
It works fine, but now and then some items misses the barrel and goes past all to the last chest in the line after the barrels.

for example the first 6 barrels are cobblestone, most of the time cobble ends up in the barrels.
but sometimes they end up in the chest 20 blocks away.

but it got fixed using the Breadth-First Search Upgrade.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
i used a Breadth-First Search Upgrade and that fixed it.

I have a input chest.
extra utilities transport pipes to pump all input into JABBA barrels (on the back).
It works fine, but now and then some items misses the barrel and goes past all to the last chest in the line after the barrels.

for example the first 6 barrels are cobblestone, most of the time cobble ends up in the barrels.
but sometimes they end up in the chest 20 blocks away.

but it got fixed using the Breadth-First Search Upgrade.
Ah, now that's a good idea!
If I remember correctly, transfer nodes will always dump items/fluids/etc. into a chest/tank/whatever with space in it that's adjacent to the transfer pipe that the node is currently investigating before moving on to the next pipe. So, if you use a wrench or a bunch of Forge Micropart covers to make a long pipe that snakes past every single barrel in your wall, a transfer node will pass each one of them eventually, and it *should* dump the items into the first barrel that will accept them, and anything left over will go into your overflow chest, which is at the far end of the line.

However, a breadth-first-search upgrade in a node will make it search each pipe in the network in order of distance from the transfer node, so you just need to make sure that your barrels are all connected and the overflow chest is farther from the transfer node than any of them. However, loops might still cause trouble, so you might still need to make sure that the node can't backtrack.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
If I remember correctly, transfer nodes will always dump items/fluids/etc. into a chest/tank/whatever with space in it that's adjacent to the transfer pipe that the node is currently investigating before moving on to the next pipe. So, if you use a wrench or a bunch of Forge Micropart covers to make a long pipe that snakes past every single barrel in your wall, a transfer node will pass each one of them eventually, and it *should* dump the items into the first barrel that will accept them, and anything left over will go into your overflow chest, which is at the far end of the line.

However, a breadth-first-search upgrade in a node will make it search each pipe in the network in order of distance from the transfer node, so you just need to make sure that your barrels are all connected and the overflow chest is farther from the transfer node than any of them. However, loops might still cause trouble, so you might still need to make sure that the node can't backtrack.
If there are any branches at all in your pipe network, all bets are off without this breadth first upgrade as it will go off looking down the long branch and ignore a barrel that is one block away down a side-branch. Mine has no branches or loops whatsoever, just a single line of pipes, and the only erroneous overflow that I've ever seen has been with non-stackable items that should have gone into barrels.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
it may be a stupid question, but I know manasteel armor can repair itself when you've a mana tablet in your inventory that holds some mana
but do the manasteel tools do the same? because I thought they did, but I have both a mana tablet with mana and a manasteel pickaxe, but it doesn't repair itself

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Can Steve's Factory Manager interact with Ex Nihilo Barrels? I want to automate composting leaves, but it doesn't seem to want to work. I'm inserting in the top, whitelisted oak leaves, but nothing goes in.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Can Steve's Factory Manager interact with Ex Nihilo Barrels? I want to automate composting leaves, but it doesn't seem to want to work. I'm inserting in the top, whitelisted oak leaves, but nothing goes in.
I don't know why it wouldn't work... If you can't get it to work though you could always have a hopper above the barrel and have SFM input into the hopper

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
it may be a stupid question, but I know manasteel armor can repair itself when you've a mana tablet in your inventory that holds some mana
but do the manasteel tools do the same? because I thought they did, but I have both a mana tablet with mana and a manasteel pickaxe, but it doesn't repair itself
I'm pretty sure it only stops the damage and doesn't repair.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Nice. Just totally skip my question. Totally not a dick move on behalf of this community.
Perhaps nobody knows what you're talking about? Maybe nobody had a chance to get to it today? Maybe we're looking it up for you?
You gave us little to no background information. However, since it's a "titanium" bucket, I would surmise that it comes from the mod Mariculture. Not having played with Mariculture myself, I took the time to visit its wiki page and a few subreddits to dredge up a few possible answers: it's used to cast/carry/craft with molten metals?
Again, I'm not totally sure what bucket you're talking about or what mod it's from. Since it's a bucket, why don't you try... using it like a bucket?

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
Nice. Just totally skip my question. Totally not a dick move on behalf of this community.

Dude, your question is literally six posts before this totally not a dick move. You have to wait at least two pages before you can say you're being ignored and possibly be legitimate. And then any good community member simply re-asks their question because it could have simply been overlooked.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to make Material Energy ^3 a bit of a harder experience? Would adding those random boss mob mods be a bit overkill? (I don't want a life system as it doesn't support it)

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013

Just because you ask a question doesn't mean you'll get an answer. As stated in a reply above, it falls upon you to provide at least a clue about what you are talking about. For all we know this bucket is in a mod that will not give FtB permission to include it in their packs so we may have never seen one.

Reminds me of a customer service incident many years ago. I was working as a production electronics tech when we got a circuit board with the problem description "F****r's Busted". I repaired the board and sent it back with the repair action "F****r's Fixed".

This made the Field Engineer mad because he was supposed to document the problem and fix in detail for their knowledge base. He complained to my boss about the lack of said detail.

My boss told him that he deserved the reply based on his input, since instead of simply repairing the problem I had to spend extra time re-diagnosing what he was too lazy to document.

I did get a talking to, however... Over beers bought by my boss. He told me "there is no a$$ like a smart a$$ and I obviously had a PhD" :D

Needless to say, my boss had no use for Field Engineers.

Last edited:

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
From the replies, it seems that not many people knew the answer. Would you rather they all responded with 'No idea'?

It's generally not a great idea to accuse a whole community of being dicks either. I personally find this forum to be a pretty friendly one compared to some of the others out there, and most people help if they know the answer or guide people to those who might know if they don't. As a general rule though, the more information you provide the more likely someone is to be able to help. Mod, MC version and modpack (as some modpacks tweak a few things) are normally a great guide to how stuff functions.

I appreciate it's frustrating not getting an answer, but acting like that isn't going to make people want to help you. It's also not a great first impression for people here to have of you, but I guess in your eyes we haven't made too great a first impression either.

According to what I found here (http://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/24qhk9/mariculture_feedback/) it seems that the titanium bucket is used for transferring molten metals without having to ladle every little bit.

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
been searching for the ae2 meteroids for hours now. the compass that comes with ae2 shows me directions and i cant find anything when it starts spinning