Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

abobabo

Jul 29, 2019
Is it coincidence or perceptual bias or are there really more witches spawning in FTB unstable than in vanilla 1.7? Is maybe Witchery doing this?
I'm playing 1.7.10 with just a limited set of mods, not including witchery, and there are witches frakkin' everywhere.
At this point they seem to be just a little more rare than endermen.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing 1.7.10 with just a limited set of mods, not including witchery, and there are witches frakkin' everywhere.
At this point they seem to be just a little more rare than endermen.
And also I noticed creepers don't do terrain damage despite mobGriefing turned on. Other things such as ghasts and endermen do destroy terrain. What can be causing this?

MortalDanger

Jul 29, 2019
How do you tame horses? I've tried right clicking with and without a saddle but nothing happens, they just rear back. Sat and clicked as fast as I could...nothing. Feeding apples has no effect either.

Direwolf20 1.6.4

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
How do you tame horses? I've tried right clicking with and without a saddle but nothing happens, they just rear back. Sat and clicked as fast as I could...nothing. Feeding apples has no effect either.

Direwolf20 1.6.4
Have you tried right clicking with an empty hand?

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Playing 1.7.10 I used the same seed on two different worlds with no extra biome or terrain modifying mods, and I got a fairly different world on each. Does the seed make less impact on world generation in 1.7.10?

Xiaminou

Jul 29, 2019
Is auto-crafting with fluids implemented in Extra Cells 2 for Applied Energistics 2RV1? If so, how do you do it?

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
.....N-I never would have thought of that, thank you!

Horses don't fit through gates, what do ya'll use?

Two gates, side by side... Ignore the center post, as far as the horse is concerned it doesn't exist. BTW, if you need to lead a cow through a fence you'll need double gates also.

Avarion

Jul 29, 2019
Are there any changes to the Buildcraft auto craftingtable in the Monster modpack I'm not aware of?

I've placed a chest filled with the resources directly on the table, a wooden transportpipe on the other side of the table connecting to another chest. I've added a redstone engine to the pipe. The recipe is layed out in the table. When I power the engine nothing comes out.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Are there any changes to the Buildcraft auto craftingtable in the Monster modpack I'm not aware of?

I've placed a chest filled with the resources directly on the table, a wooden transportpipe on the other side of the table connecting to another chest. I've added a redstone engine to the pipe. The recipe is layed out in the table. When I power the engine nothing comes out.

Check in the gui of the table and see if it's actually pulling items from the chest. If not, you might need another pipe.

Failing that, cyclic assemblers (from thermal expansion) do the same job a lot faster, albeit requiring power.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
There were some changes to the autocrafting table, yes. I forget all the details, but among other things, crafting is no longer instant. You can see this by putting multiples of the resources for the recipe into the crafting grid. As soon as there is more than one of everything (it will never consume the last of any item), the progress bar will start filling. It takes about 4 seconds or so per crafting, if memory serves.

The table also autobalances resources now. For example, if you have the recipe for a furnace laid out, and then drop a full stack of cobblestone on one of the eight positions, it will spread itself across all of them until there's 8-9 in every spot. This makes it extremely easy to just pipe resources into the table, because it takes care of making proper use of them. Perhaps the auto-pulling from chests was removed for this reason? I don't remember exactly, but give the pumping items in a try.

Avarion

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, narrowed down the problem. It does not take items from the attached chest. When I put the items directly into the crafting table everything works.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Ok, narrowed down the problem. It does not take items from the attached chest. When I put the items directly into the crafting table everything works.

Single wooden transport pipe inbetween should sort that then.

It's like 1.4.7 never went away :3

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
For jabba barrels is the redstone signal output just on/off or does it scale depending on how full the barrel is?