Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
src/core/item/tool/ItemToolWrenchElectric.java
src/core/PlatformClient.java
src/core/item/armor/ItemArmorNightvisionGoggles.java

src/core/item/armor/ItemArmorJetpackElectric.java

Okay, weird format or whatever, but correct me if I'm wrong in saying it only effects Electric Jetpacks, Nightvision Goggles, and the Electric wrench?

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
I just made a electric jetpack and I can't get hover mode to engage. I know it's turned on by the mode switch key, but that's normal and not conflicting and it still wont work. I noticed it doesn't switch my miming laser's mode either. What can I do?

steelblueskies

Jul 29, 2019
check that you've got it assigned to a key again that isn't also doing something else at the same time in the minecraft control config, then check that it isn't bound via modular powersuits configs(default k to open the menu), then check it isn't bound by nei (under options while looking at survival inventory) then check that it isn't bound by voxel stuff (can never remember how to get the menu without looking it up) proceed to spend five or more minutes raging at the seventy bajillion key configs that can conflict. for the default key configs from a fresh install the safe bet for the mining laser is binding to n and remembering you need to sneak key it. for the jetpack.. sigh .. anyone?

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
I just made a electric jetpack and I can't get hover mode to engage. I know it's turned on by the mode switch key, but that's normal and not conflicting and it still wont work. I noticed it doesn't switch my miming laser's mode either. What can I do?
Are you just pushing the mode switch key? You have to either hold space(jump) and press the mode-switch key or hold mode-switch and press space(jump). For the laser you hold the mode-switch key and right-click to cycle through the modes.

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
The mining laser thing didn't work either, no shift and n or visa versa... I couldn't find anything bound to the key of M and I checked everything but the voxel, but I don't even know what that is. What's the best way to get air shards?[DOUBLEPOST=1364256784][/DOUBLEPOST]
Are you just pushing the mode switch key? You have to either hold space(jump) and press the mode-switch key or hold mode-switch and press space(jump). For the laser you hold the mode-switch key and right-click to cycle through the modes.
Neither of those worked.

baw179

Jul 29, 2019
Q. Unlike mystcraft ages, will a chunk loader in Twilight Forest keep the chunk loaded following a server restart or will it stay unloaded until you go there again?

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to hook up a redstone engine to my squeezer and the engine wont start up and work. I place the torch right next to it, and the torch isn't doing anything. It is a redstone torch, but I tried a lever too and nothing is getting it to start up. How do I fix this? Never mind, I figured it out.

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
erm gregtech rock cutter is silk touch effect without the enchant. i'd save it for some kind of self repairing unbreaking efficient pick for use with an arcane bore of some sort. though frankly once one is seriously considering it's use, fortune is still likely better, and simpler. the point about use on a drill with the ic2 miner is valid, though given how they work coupled witht he fact that the enchanting of electric ic2 tools is expected to be removed, probably not a good moderate to long term plan.

I put a decent Efficiency enchant on my RockCutter and now it's as fast as my electric drill.

If you've set up your GT Grinder/Blast Furnace, and constantly on the lookout for gem ores to silk touch for bonus dusts, the faster RC really comes into its own.

TIL: The Factorization Packager is a great block for crafting any tiny piles into dusts.

SirSquidlyEsquire

Jul 29, 2019
So me and my friend are trying to use energy tesseracts to hook up my lava-powered redstone energy cell to his room of forestry machines. Problem is, whenever i try to hook up the two tesseracts by making sure they are on the same frequency, one is send only and the other is receive only, the power just refuses to transmit from the redstone energy cell to the sending tesseract. Thing is, when i try to hook the tesseract up to one of my lava engines, it works fine. I also have a logic gate on the redstone energy cell telling the engines to turn off if the cell is full.

Just wanna get this working guys, help would be appreciated :)

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
If it's private and your friend placed it, it shouldn't work.

Screens would be helpful, but if you want to forgo tesses (and their energy losses), you can use Wrench Turtles to remove the REC and send it through an Enderchest. Though that's not what you're looking for.

Yeah, can I get screenshots?

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to not have to use fertilizer or mulch in the fermenter? I want the system to be automatic, and having to ad mulch in manually would be a huge pain in the efficiency.

SirSquidlyEsquire

Jul 29, 2019
My Redstone Energy Cell and Tesseract setup
2013-03-25_21.55.36.png

The redpower wiring working with the logic gate and engines, as you can see, it isn't touching the Redstone Energy Cell OR the Tesseract
2013-03-25_21.56.37.png

Since i didn't wan't to completely bombard you guys with images, i will attach the other two showing the two energy tesseracts are linked and public

Attachments

• 2013-03-25_21.55.36.png
    2013-03-25_21.55.36.png
    488.6 KB · Views: 59
  • 2013-03-25_21.57.01.png
    2013-03-25_21.57.01.png
    180.1 KB · Views: 60
  • 2013-03-25_21.58.27.png
    2013-03-25_21.58.27.png
    361.2 KB · Views: 73