Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
HQEZyue.png

How can I attach an iron pipe up to this so that I can have a red stone signal switch between the oak going into the furnaces and into the other pipe that will lead to my pulverizer. Preferably with the least amount of demolition as possible.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
How can I attach an iron pipe up to this so that I can have a red stone signal switch between the oak going into the furnaces and into the other pipe that will lead to my pulverizer. Preferably with the least amount of demolition as possible.

A small amount of knowledge of Redpower will be required for my proposed solution, but not anything a bit of wiki'ing can't solve.

Basically, hook up an Iron Pipe somewhere. Simply have one output going out to the Furnaces and the other going out to the Pulverizer. Now, you'll need to pulse it twice with Redstone to have it switch one way and only once to switch it the other way, so a bit of Redpower, probably a pair of Pulse Formers, one on a slight delay from the other with a Repeater, to pulse it twice and just a Pulse Former to pulse it once.

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
A small amount of knowledge of Redpower will be required for my proposed solution, but not anything a bit of wiki'ing can't solve.

Basically, hook up an Iron Pipe somewhere. Simply have one output going out to the Furnaces and the other going out to the Pulverizer. Now, you'll need to pulse it twice with Redstone to have it switch one way and only once to switch it the other way, so a bit of Redpower, probably a pair of Pulse Formers, one on a slight delay from the other with a Repeater, to pulse it twice and just a Pulse Former to pulse it once.
-facepalm- I posted the wrong picture... Anyways, so I'd have to move my furnaces over and do some Redpower magic and it should work? I've never used Redpower, but how hard can it be, right?

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
-facepalm- I posted the wrong picture... Anyways, so I'd have to move my furnaces over and do some Redpower magic and it should work? I've never used Redpower, but how hard can it be, right?

Don't worry, RP2 wiring isn't too bad. Unless you're trying to set up an item distribution system with it (that is, one which splits up one chest of items into other chests, with some overlap between them.) Then it gets tricky. My attempt was this.

2013-02-08_134257_zps5477b12a.png

Then I realized you could just use Sorting Machines.

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
Don't worry, RP2 wiring isn't too bad. Unless you're trying to set up an item distribution system with it (that is, one which splits up one chest of items into other chests, with some overlap between them.) Then it gets tricky. My attempt was this.

2013-02-08_134257_zps5477b12a.png

Then I realized you could just use Sorting Machines.
Is that all for a directional pipe?

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Is that all for a directional pipe?

Oh, thank heavens, no. No, a directional pipe should be quite a bit easier. That was just so, say, for every 5 Nitrogen Cells that came in, 4 go through to an Electric Crafting Table and the other just gets processed back into an Empty Cell to be reused.

(And, again, despite the Blutricity, Sorting machines are a much more efficient way to do this.)

EnderA

Jul 29, 2019
(I tried searching for this, but surprisingly didn't find any relevant results.)

So, me and my friends are considering switching from Direwolf20 to Ultimate. One of our biggest questions is: what would happen to the world that we've created so far? What would happen to compact solar arrays, as Ultimate uses advanced solars? Aren't there new ores that we would need to regen, and how would we? And lastly, is there anything we'd need to do other than that and switching mod files; anything we should watch out for?

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, thank heavens, no. No, a directional pipe should be quite a bit easier. That was just so, say, for every 5 Nitrogen Cells that came in, 4 go through to an Electric Crafting Table and the other just gets processed back into an Empty Cell to be reused.

(And, again, despite the Blutricity, Sorting machines are a much more efficient way to do this.)
I wanted to mention that When I switch the pipe, I want it to stay there until I manually switch it back. I don't want it to go even both ways, though that's be nice. Wait... That's not a bad idea... Anyways, yeah.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
(I tried searching for this, but surprisingly didn't find any relevant results.)

So, me and my friends are considering switching from Direwolf20 to Ultimate. One of our biggest questions is: what would happen to the world that we've created so far? What would happen to compact solar arrays, as Ultimate uses advanced solars? Aren't there new ores that we would need to regen, and how would we?

First, to the solars, they overlap IDs, and assuming the tiers match up, your LV arrays will turn into Adv. Solar Panels, your MV arrays into Hybrid, and your HV into Ultimate Hybrid.

As to the ores, there's, as of present, no way to regen ores (there was a nice suggestion thread someone had about this.) However, you can just go out to unloaded chunks to find new ores, or find them in new Mystcraft ages.[DOUBLEPOST=1364170666][/DOUBLEPOST]
I wanted to mention that When I switch the pipe, I want it to stay there until I manually switch it back. I don't want it to go even both ways, though that's be nice. Wait... That's not a bad idea... Anyways, yeah.

Yea, just set it so that the Iron Pipe only gets hit with a pulse when you manually tell it to and you'll be fine.

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, i've got nothing short of Biomass. You can compress them into Plant Balls, turn them into Compressed Plants in a Compressor and fill some Bio Cells... But what's the point? You can only use them to fill Fuel Cans, which can be burned into a Generator or fill a regular Jetpack from IC2... I don't really see any point in doing this, however, since you're arguably wasting a whole lot of resources and getting so little in return...

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019

Here is how I solved the problem; but now I don't know what to do when the pulverizer gets too full. I don't know if things will get stuck in the pipe, but I can't be there to switch it back all the time. So how would I fix this? Should I make it into biofuel? How do you do that? Another problem; the pulverizer cannot take in apples -_-. How do I keep the apples going into the chests?

Talonar

Jul 29, 2019
Because the devs like Gregtech hardmode. For a reason for that, I don't know.

Glad I'm still on Direwolfs pack.[DOUBLEPOST=1364172565][/DOUBLEPOST]

Here is how I solved the problem; but now I don't know what to do when the pulverizer gets too full. I don't know if things will get stuck in the pipe, but I can't be there to switch it back all the time. So how would I fix this? Should I make it into biofuel? How do you do that? Another problem; the pulverizer cannot take in apples -_-. How do I keep the apples going into the chests?

Diamond pipes? you could filter apples out into a different direction [void pipe or something]

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019

Iron pipe will never choose wooden pipe as output, so you could solve this problem a lot easier: http://i.imgur.com/CnXlxUE.png, there is redstone on all warded glass blocks, you can use any other solid one. That iron pipe under diamond is only to make sure that logs won't go to diamond one again and make layout with the least amount of demolition.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
@Iron Pipes: Keep in mind that they will never output into a wooden pipe, so you can place one of those where your wood comes into the pipe. Then, you should be able to place a lever next to the iron pipe- on means furnace, off means pulverizer. Or whatever.

@Biofuel: Throw water, saplings, and fertilizer into a fermenter to make biomass, then send the biomass into some Stills. With water, you'll need slightly more than four stills per fermenter, however, if you squeeze the apples for their juice, and use the juice in the fermenter instead of water, you'll get more biomass per sapling, with the need of about six stills, if I remember correctly. I would recommend having saplings first get sent into a juice-powered fermenter, and if that fills up (because you ran out of apple juice), send them into a water-filled fermenter.

@Machines Filling Up: Put a diamond pipe on the machine in question and tell wood, saplings, whatever to go in, it will try to put the items in, but if they won't fit, it will pass them on to the next pipe. A diamond pipe adjacent to an inventory will never drop an item, if there is a direction with no items specified. Just to be sure that nothing goes backwards, it's good practice to place a cobblestone or another item that will never show up in the network in the pipe on the direction where items enter the pipe.

@Pulverizing Apples: Diamond pipes. Have one send apples one way and wood somewhere else.