Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

dalekslayer96

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure what's up here, but can you pastebin these in the future? It makes them so much easier to read.

Also, these would be better posted on the support site.... And if you are using OptiFine, 99% of the time, that's the problem and extremely difficult to fix; OptiFine does not play nicely with modpacks.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
The thing is, I just removed Optifine, so it can't be that.

dalekslayer96

Jul 29, 2019
That last was more by way of a suggestion. I'm honestly not sure what's happening in your log; it's a very unusual error.

I can't afford to lose this world. It's 2 weeks worth of progress. Could a modmaker take a look at this crash?

dalekslayer96

Jul 29, 2019
The messages are all player-related. Have you tried deleting your player data? Try loading the world in a server and using a different account, if you have a friend or relative with an account.
So I delete the player.dat file? But will that clear my inventory? Because I'd like to avoid that if possible. If not, then never mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
So I delete the player.dat file? But will that clear my inventory? Because I'd like to avoid that if possible. If not, then never mind.

No guarantees, but before you do that (and yes, it's going to wipe out your inventory) one of the ways I've recovered a fatal crash in the past is to open the world in MCEdit and move the offending player.

Probably won't solve the problem but it might be worth a try.

dalekslayer96

Jul 29, 2019
No guarantees, but before you do that (and yes, it's going to wipe out your inventory) one of the ways I've recovered a fatal crash in the past is to open the world in MCEdit and move the offending player.

Probably won't solve the problem but it might be worth a try.
I'll try the MCEdit trick first, if that keeps me fro losing my inventory.

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
I'll try the MCEdit trick first, if that keeps me fro losing my inventory.

Can't remember if stack traces are bottom to top or top to bottom, either way you've got an NPE related to a potion effect in there. Did your inventory contain anything potion-like before the crash?

dalekslayer96

Jul 29, 2019
Can't remember if stack traces are bottom to top or top to bottom, either way you've got an NPE related to a potion effect in there. Did your inventory contain anything potion-like before the crash?

Other than a Speed Potion I got from trading with a Pech, no. And I think I might know where the potion effect is from. I was attack a Trent from Lycanite's Mobs just before I crashed, and Trents give a paralysis potion effect on contact. And yes, I have tried removing Lycanite's Mobs but to no avail.

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Other than a Speed Potion I got from trading with a Pech, no. And I think I might know where the potion effect is from. I was attack a Trent from Lycanite's Mobs just before I crashed, and Trents give a paralysis potion effect on contact. And yes, I have tried removing Lycanite's Mobs but to no avail.

On the contrary I would leave it in. Might remove the NPE nothing else. Sorry I can't be of more use :(

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

dalekslayer96

Jul 29, 2019
On the contrary I would leave it in. Might remove the NPE nothing else. Sorry I can't be of more use :(

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
At least I have a lead on how I could possibly fix this problem. Anyways, I'm back on my computer now, and I'm ready to test out the MCEdit thing.
EDIT: The MCEdit thing didn't work. Time to delete the player.dat...

Last edited:

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Hey, me and a friend are playing Agrarian Skies: Hardcore Quest on LAN and we both have vein miner but it will not allow us to use it any suggestions?
Also, we have the same version and same configs

Many things are disabled intentionally in AgSkies... making wooden Tinker's Construct tools, for example. Some recipes are changed just for this pack, like blank TiCo patterns being made with 4 stick instead of 2 sticks and 2 planks, or bread not being makeable by grinding wheat/barley and baking the flour.

Get used to a lot of things either not working or working differently than in other packs.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
At least I have a lead on how I could possibly fix this problem. Anyways, I'm back on my computer now, and I'm ready to test out the MCEdit thing.
EDIT: The MCEdit thing didn't work. Time to delete the player.dat...
And you backed it up before deleting it, right?

Wursti

Jul 29, 2019
How do you activate the well of suffering?
I have set up the ritual stones and i know that i somehow need 50k LP, but i don't know how i am supposed to put all the LP in there?

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
How do you activate the well of suffering?
I have set up the ritual stones and i know that i somehow need 50k LP, but i don't know how i am supposed to put all the LP in there?
You put lp in your network by putting blood in the altar and putting your blood orb in there to soak it up. You'll need at least a magicians blood orb I believe for the amount of LP you will need.

Reactions: Padfoote

Wursti

Jul 29, 2019
ok, i need a mgicians blood orb with 50k LP. And then? Right click with an activation sigil? which one?

Edit: got it know. What is the range of this?

Last edited: