Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Quiiick question, running horizons 2.1.0 and i crash when i try to join the server, the only real clue in the crash report is weather

Crash reports are best posted to Support, but what exactly happens?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coolway99

Jul 29, 2019
Crash reports are best posted to Support, but what exactly happens?

Well, i try to join the server, i join, for the first split second everything is normal (like less than a second) then i fall 33 or so blocks into the ground and crash

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Well, i try to join the server, i join, for the first split second everything is normal (like less than a second) then i fall 33 or so blocks into the ground and crash

That's very odd. Haven't had that happen before. Can you pastebin the crash log then link it?

Coolway99

Jul 29, 2019
Nah man I'm stumped. Did you post to support? Only thing I can think of is clean reinstall, looks like native minecraft code bugging out. Specifically the weather, as you said

i have no idea how to navigate the forums, but i'll poke around

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
More questions yay.

Here we go:

1: is there any mod that will show me all tile entities in my base?
2: What causes "GameRenderer" lag (its taking up atleast 80% in the shift F3 chart and I am getting 10 fps in my base whereby I normally get a min of 60fps, even near my natura redwood tree filled with cursed earth)
3: if I upload my world will someone take a look at it and see whats up with my base lag?
4: Can I used MCedit to get my world down to a smaller size somehow?

Edit: got answeres via google, sorry.

Answers:
1: Opis
2: tile entities
3: ?
4: yes

Reactions: Not_Steve

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
2: What causes "GameRenderer" lag (its taking up atleast 80% in the shift F3 chart and I am getting 10 fps in my base whereby I normally get a min of 60fps, even near my natura redwood tree filled with cursed earth)
3: if I upload my world will someone take a look at it and see whats up with my base lag?
One possible answer to #3 is to make a copy of your world, throw on Creative and slowly take the place apart. One of your machines could be bugged, or there could be something going on beneath your feet you didn't even know was there.

Worst lag I ever experienced wasn't from any rational source; it was a bugged redstone engine. Nearly broke the world completely.

Reactions: hisagishi

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
One possible answer to #3 is to make a copy of your world, throw on Creative and slowly take the place apart. One of your machines could be bugged, or there could be something going on beneath your feet you didn't even know was there.

Worst lag I ever experienced wasn't from any rational source; it was a bugged redstone engine. Nearly broke the world completely.

I uhh, didn't think of that. I feel stupid :p Thanks, will try.

One more tiny question. Is there any block that pulls mobs around it and above it? I'm trying to remove alot of my grinders on a vertical cursed earth mob farm and only have them on the bottom level. I would use water problem is mobs don't spawn on cursed earth when waters on top of it. I would also use fans but I would need so many of them it would probably lag me to death. Its basically an 8x8 + however tall a redwood tree is.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
I uhh, didn't think of that. I feel stupid :p Thanks, will try.

One more tiny question. Is there any block that pulls mobs around it and above it? I'm trying to remove alot of my grinders on a vertical cursed earth mob farm and only have them on the bottom level. I would use water problem is mobs don't spawn on cursed earth when waters on top of it. I would also use fans but I would need so many of them it would probably lag me to death. Its basically an 8x8 + however tall a redwood tree is.
Thaumcraft, or Thaumic Tinkerer has a device that'll do that, can't recall the name off the top of my head. I'm not certain what the range is either.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft, or Thaumic Tinkerer has a device that'll do that, can't recall the name off the top of my head. I'm not certain what the range is either.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Doesn't Random Things have a mob magnet too?

kalj123

Jul 29, 2019
I've made some Protoclay from Thaumic Tinkerer, but I can't figure out how to use it. The Thaumonicon only states to "meld it with Ichorium Tools", and I can't find any documentation on it. I'm probably missing something small, but I would really appreciate some help.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Wooow. just figured out what was causing my FPS to tank down to 10 from 70 in certain parts of my base. It was a few redstone energy conduits. It was certainly less than 64 of them but still enough to lag me to pieces everytime I looked in that general direction. Replaced it with tesseracts and now its fine.

Which to be honest is quite odd since I had 1 line on all 4 sides of a natura redwood tree from base to tip and that didn't lag me at all.

Those Corporeal attractors from thaumcraft look freaking amazing by the way.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
what is fastest way to pump water into your AE network. Aqueoues accumualter to slow.
...Ignoring the fact that you need Extra Cells to hold fluids in a AE network for a moment...
Use Extra Utilities. I mean, this is the common trend now; if a few AA's ain't getting it done, use a liquid transfer node, add 64 mining upgrades to the one touching a water source block(ideally one with that would replenish to be safe), and 64 of those upgrades that increase transfer rate(what were they called?). Increase this setup as needed if you somehow aren't getting enough water.