Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

TheCupcakeisaLie

Jul 29, 2019
What's the best thaumcraft 4 golem with the guard trait, that could take down midgame players, similar to the one rwtema had on forgecraft (3 I think?). Like the strongest and most damaging guard golem.

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
What's the best thaumcraft 4 golem with the guard trait, that could take down midgame players, similar to the one rwtema had on forgecraft (3 I think?). Like the strongest and most damaging guard golem.

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk
Thaumium is highest tier, then you use golem upgrades to add more damage and the dart shooter for ranged.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
How do I get more of those skill points for ars magica. I tried dungeon chests but that didn't work out. found atleast 10 dungeons and still not a single skill point. DW20 pack.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Ah this might not be a simple question but... Whats the easiest way to set up a system whereby it: 1: puts a random drone/princess into an apiary 2: either doesn't have to worry about the climate/humidity OR if the drone isn't gone in x amount of seconds, pulls out the princess/drone combo and tries another set?

I want to muck around with bees but honestly they annoy me to death. If I can AFK and get some different bees thats great in my book. Same thing with trees but that alot easier to set up. Just some MFR harvesters on a 30 minute timer.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
I'm starting to think we need a separate thread just for your questions, hisagishi =P

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
Ah this might not be a simple question but... Whats the easiest way to set up a system whereby it: 1: puts a random drone/princess into an apiary 2: either doesn't have to worry about the climate/humidity OR if the drone isn't gone in x amount of seconds, pulls out the princess/drone combo and tries another set?

I want to muck around with bees but honestly they annoy me to death. If I can AFK and get some different bees thats great in my book. Same thing with trees but that alot easier to set up. Just some MFR harvesters on a 30 minute timer.
Gendustry: the answer to your bee problems. It allows instant bee mutation and a slew of other borderline OP stuff. No need for randomization, just instant bees and a lot of other REALLY useful stuff such as the industrial apiary, which has a ton of upgrades perfect for breeding in other biomes. So if you really want to go the random way, in theory you could.

If you really wanted the randomization build, you would want to write a CC program to do it

Reactions: PurpleMentat

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
Gendustry: the answer to your bee problems. It allows instant bee mutation and a slew of other borderline OP stuff. No need for randomization, just instant bees and a lot of other REALLY useful stuff such as the industrial apiary, which has a ton of upgrades perfect for breeding in other biomes. So if you really want to go the random way, in theory you could.

If you really wanted the randomization build, you would want to write a CC program to do it
I wouldn't call it borderline OP. Gendustry is crazy powerful and I love every bit of it. Best way to breed bees! I've done the whole chain with just Forestry and with ExtraBees, and Gendustry made me want to use bees again.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
I wouldn't call it borderline OP. Gendustry is crazy powerful and I love every bit of it. Best way to breed bees! I've done the whole chain with just Forestry and with ExtraBees, and Gendustry made me want to use bees again.
Well, you have to admit, it's not exactly Bees As Intended.

I can perhaps finish a crossword puzzle by downloading a solution from the internet and writing the words into the blanks. This does not mean I solved the puzzle =P

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
Well, you have to admit, it's not exactly Bees As Intended.

I can perhaps finish a crossword puzzle by downloading a solution from the internet and writing the words into the blanks. This does not mean I solved the puzzle =P
Lemme rephrase. I wouldn't call it "borderline" OP. It's absolutely and unapologetically OP. However, it makes bees relevant again in a modded minecraft environment that has embraced lower levels of time and resource investment, and it does so in a way I find mechanically interesting. More interesting that using some pastebin'd turtle code for cheap super mining.

Reactions: PhilHibbs

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Lemme rephrase. I wouldn't call it "borderline" OP. It's absolutely and unapologetically OP. However, it makes bees relevant again in a modded minecraft environment that has embraced lower levels of time and resource investment, and it does so in a way I find mechanically interesting. More interesting that using some pastebin'd turtle code for cheap super mining.
Fair point, well made. I certainly don't do ExtraBees content without genetic machines.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Gendustry? OP? Not totally sure how, but whatever, not a big deal. It's more expensive(resource wise anyway) then ExtraBees for it's bee modification machines, and has a ton of cool things that no one had done yet(eg: cloning bees, trees, and butterflies).

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Let's be honest here, how many people actually do bees the fully random way? I rush for industrious+imperial then do the majority of my breeding via alveary. There's still a little luck involved even with a mutator, but it's unlikely to take more than two breeding cycles unless you're doing something wrong (i.e. don't have the right foundation block). Even if you don't use a mutator, most of us use mutation-encouraging frames right from the start. If you actually did Extra/Magic Bees without using some form of RNG helper you'd be a little crazy, but basic forestry doesn't have a mutator and its frames only affect production chance, so let's not pretend we're doing bees "as originally intended." Add in being able to fine tune your bees' attributes with serums and we're already pretty OP compared to Sengir's original idea.

I personally dislike Gendustry, but the only change it makes that I'd actually call OP (compared to Extra Bees) is the ability to ignore the ill effects of boosting production chances too far (Gendustry allows you to ignore the ignoble trait). Even that is just packing more production into one block rather than spreading it out across several setups. Many people probably find that just fine.

On topic: I've heard good things about this turtle script for bee breeding. It's an updated version of an older script that was always fairly popular on the CC forums, so I'd expect it to work pretty well.

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019

I thought MFR couldn't harvest Forestry trees?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Let's be honest here, how many people actually do bees the fully random way? I rush for industrious+imperial then do the majority of my breeding via alveary. There's still a little luck involved even with a mutator, but it's unlikely to take more than two breeding cycles unless you're doing something wrong (i.e. don't have the right foundation block). Even if you don't use a mutator, most of us use mutation-encouraging frames right from the start. If you actually did Extra/Magic Bees without using some form of RNG helper you'd be a little crazy, but basic forestry doesn't have a mutator and its frames only affect production chance, so let's not pretend we're doing bees "as originally intended." Add in being able to fine tune your bees' attributes with serums and we're already pretty OP compared to Sengir's original idea.

I personally dislike Gendustry, but the only change it makes that I'd actually call OP (compared to Extra Bees) is the ability to ignore the ill effects of boosting production chances too far (Gendustry allows you to ignore the ignoble trait). Even that is just packing more production into one block rather than spreading it out across several setups. Many people probably find that just fine.

On topic: I've heard good things about this turtle script for bee breeding. It's an updated version of an older script that was always fairly popular on the CC forums, so I'd expect it to work pretty well.
I personally dislike Gendustry, but the only change it makes that I'd actually call OP (compared to Extra Bees) is the ability to ignore the ill effects of boosting production chances too far (Gendustry allows you to ignore the ignoble trait).
(Gendustry allows you to ignore the ignoble trait).
(Gendustry allows you to ignore the ignoble trait).
First off, so do Bee Houses(apparently). Secondly, have you see how it does it? Have you? You need a Genome Stabiliser upgrade for your Industrial Apiary. Not that big of a deal, just needs a Genetics Processor, not like that costs... oh, it's a pulsating chipset, 4 diamonds, and 4 nether quartz in a crafting table. Well, that's no big deal, craft it in a BC Laser thingy and its... 2 diamonds/nether quartz plus that pulsating chipset.

OK, whatever, everyone has diamonds for days, whatever. "Energy consumption +100%"
Hey, not that costly is it? I mean, tons of things cost a lot of power, right? Second most expensive upgrade in terms of energy usage: Nether Emulation upgrade at +50% power.

The real gamebreaker, at best, is the cloning system. And it can only make ignoble bees.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
I thought MFR couldn't harvest Forestry trees?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

... Geh, don't tell me that. I'm still building out a room just for this purpose. Meh forestry tree farms might finally have a use in my playthrough.

And thanks everyone. Definitely gonna check out gendustry.

Coolway99

Jul 29, 2019
Quiiick question, running horizons 2.1.0 and i crash when i try to join the server, the only real clue in the crash report is weather