Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I am trying to create a lamp of growth, but I am unable to find anything with victus to throw into my alchemical furnace and I have not been able to find anything online. Am I missing something?

No you're not missing something, victus isn't on many items

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/mf2-1-1-8-thaumcraft-forestry.40493/
Towards the end of this thread there's a discussion about the exact same problem, I personally would recommend Raw chicken as it's a fairly cheap item with it on.

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
Ok how about this:
UU-matter in 1.6
How in the hell does that weird stuff work now?!?!
it is like a liquid or something right?

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
Ok how about this:
UU-matter in 1.6
How in the hell does that weird stuff work now?!?!
it is like a liquid or something right?

yes they turned it into a liquid. u pipe the liquid into a replicator, and you put in a crystal memory of the item you want to replicate. the scanner turns an object and a blank crystal memory (just smelt a raw crystal memory) into a crystal memory of that item. It allows for every item to potentially be duplicated however right now hardly anything is, iridium and diamonds are.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
What does it mean when an industrial apiary tells me that there's not enough light? What do I have to do? The room is fully lit with glowstone so I don't really see what the problem is.

Deftscythe

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any word on when the general public will get access to the new research system that Direwolf20 showed off in his forgecraft series a few days ago? The one that allows you to choose what you research.

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any word on when the general public will get access to the new research system that Direwolf20 showed off in his forgecraft series a few days ago? The one that allows you to choose what you research.
Once azanor decides to release it.
There might be a dev release maybe?

Sent via tapatalk

Inngrimsch

Jul 29, 2019
quick question ENder lily seeds are supposed to drop in dungeon chests right? and nether fortress chests count as dungeon chests right?^^ cause i have gotten a stack of diamonds from dungeon chests but not a single ender liliy nor melon seeds or portal guns ;< (playing on DW20 10.014)

Dark0_0firE

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know what would happen if someone on a server got on the first day and traveled 40K blocks in one direction before making a base?

I realize this would cause the world folder to be larger, but will it affect CPU or RAM usage more than if they had jsut built normally within a few thousand blocks of spawn? THe player I have who did this seems to cause RAM usage to go up on my server by 1 gb when he joins, Im wondering if its because he built so far away.

Depending on what pack you are using.... did this fellow set up his base in a Rainbow Forest biome? The entities alone can cause some serious strain.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
quick question ENder lily seeds are supposed to drop in dungeon chests right? and nether fortress chests count as dungeon chests right?^^ cause i have gotten a stack of diamonds from dungeon chests but not a single ender liliy nor melon seeds or portal guns ;< (playing on DW20 10.014)
In my main Unleashed world it took me well over 1,000 spoils bags (which use the dungeon chest loot table) before I got a division symbol. Another several thousand before I got a portal gun (by which time I had long since made one myself). RNG can seriously suck sometimes.

If I recall my old school vanilla trivia correctly, melon seeds are more likely to show up in abandoned mineshafts. Admittedly, though, I have long since moved my vanilla world to 1.8 snapshots, so it's been a while since I hunted for melon seeds in chests (melons spawn naturally like pumpkins in more recent versions of MC).

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Melon seeds only spawn in mineshaft chest afaik and I believe the drops of portal guns in chests might be disabled in the 1.6 packs. Think people were feeling they were getting too easy to get hold of.

Inngrimsch

Jul 29, 2019
well i got a portal gun abit ago from a chest of one of those thaumcraft altars with the node in the middle (that with multiple obsidian totems) also i finally found a villager that traded me melons <,< on a side note i did loot 4 mineshafts and not a single melon seed so either bad luck or who knows ;&
and after 1000 dungeon chests still no ender liliy seeds no idea how Dire always finds them so quick ^^

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
In my main Unleashed world it took me well over 1,000 spoils bags (which use the dungeon chest loot table) before I got a division symbol. Another several thousand before I got a portal gun (by which time I had long since made one myself). RNG can seriously suck sometimes.

If I recall my old school vanilla trivia correctly, melon seeds are more likely to show up in abandoned mineshafts. Admittedly, though, I have long since moved my vanilla world to 1.8 snapshots, so it's been a while since I hunted for melon seeds in chests (melons spawn naturally like pumpkins in more recent versions of MC).

Having created several worlds in the last couple of weeks, I have found from 1 to 5 Ender seeds in each one, in Lost Mine chests and the ones under the Spider infested Great trees.

Under one of the trees in the last world I started I found 3 Ender seeds, 2 Portal Guns, a named TiC excavator and a division sigil... probably the best haul I've experienced.

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
Having created several worlds in the last couple of weeks, I have found from 1 to 5 Ender seeds in each one, in Lost Mine chests and the ones under the Spider infested Great trees.

Under one of the trees in the last world I started I found 3 Ender seeds, 2 Portal Guns, a named TiC excavator and a division sigil... probably the best haul I've experienced.
YOU LUCKY BASTARD, one time i only got 10 tin and some copper.

Inngrimsch

Jul 29, 2019
i looted 7 chests of those trees and in every single one i had copper tin gold or diamonds and some horse armor thats it xD no seeds no nothing good ;< but well got my enderportal up so now i dont need them anymore <,<

Also is there a good way to find Abyssal stone? my oceans arent deep enough to find them it seems found 2 geodes in a ravine and thats it <,< and rnd tunneling dosen't seem to help me (already using nightvision potions to see through the water)

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
i looted 7 chests of those trees and in every single one i had copper tin gold or diamonds and some horse armor thats it xD no seeds no nothing good ;< but well got my enderportal up so now i dont need them anymore <,<

Also is there a good way to find Abyssal stone? my oceans arent deep enough to find them it seems found 2 geodes in a ravine and thats it <,< and rnd tunneling dosen't seem to help me (already using nightvision potions to see through the water)
I used to find them using the cave function of the zan/voxel minimap. Just dig down under the ocean, block off the shaft you came down in, and all the nearby nodes should show up on the minimap.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
I used to find them using the cave function of the zan/voxel minimap. Just dig down under the ocean, block off the shaft you came down in, and all the nearby nodes should show up on the minimap.
I used to find them by quarrying the ocean =P

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

JarinArenos

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to re-generate chunks from seed? Had a landmark mountain get destroyed on our server and was hoping for a way to restore it. I suspect MCEdit might have some way to do this, but I know very little of the program, and I'm not sure how well it works with modpacks (like re-generating buildcraft oilspouts or Project Red volcanoes). Any advice?