Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
It's definitely not forbidden by BoP's FAQ, so it just depends on if the team's going to. They might be holding off for EBXL 4 (which is going to be infinitely better than BoP,) or they may be worried about offending ScottKillen, or they may be just not intending to. So ... maybe. :p

wow

Jul 29, 2019
It's definitely not forbidden by BoP's FAQ, so it just depends on if the team's going to. They might be holding off for EBXL 4 (which is going to be infinitely better than BoP,) or they may be worried about offending ScottKillen, or they may be just not intending to. So ... maybe. :p
Yeah i didnt see it on the minecraftforum faq but I think i read it on the dev's site.
Edit: nevermind but its on the official wikis faq http://biomesoplenty.wikia.com/wiki/FAQs one of the last questions

Heliomance

Jul 29, 2019
Note that that speed comes at a huge energy cost - really all you're saving is space, as you could build double the amount of IC2 machines and get the same result as using an overclocker but with a lot less power consumption.

Not so. Multiple machines will process a large quantity of resources just as fast as a single overclocked machine, but the on-demand speed isn't the same. If I have a single thing I want processed, and I want it processed now, a single overclocked machine is faster than any number of baseline machines.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019

Big dreams don't necessarily make big things :). I'm lookin' forward to ebxl4 still wondering what it'll really bring to the table, but sure do hope some of my wild dreams will be realized.

You know, I still wish Mojang didn't opt out of cubic chunks. Sure, generating the Himalayan mountain range could kill even a supercomputer, but man, wouldn't it be worth it.

rymmie1981

Jul 29, 2019
Big dreams don't necessarily make big things :). I'm lookin' forward to ebxl4 still wondering what it'll really bring to the table, but sure do hope some of my wild dreams will be realized.

You know, I still wish Mojang didn't opt out of cubic chunks. Sure, generating the Himalayan mountain range could kill even a supercomputer, but man, wouldn't it be worth it.

Yes, yes, it would.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Question: Why would an AE system overcraft items, I.e. I have 34 cupronickel heating coils sitting in my system after crafting one industrial blast furnace with it... This is also happening with a few other items such as pistons.

The recipes as far as I can tell match up with quantities, it says 4 copper and 4 nickel make 3 coils, just as the rolling machine recipe says. So I am uncertain as to why this would be happening

Bump for my question, it's been buried and unanswered

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
what would be nice if they included either EBXL or BoP by default but added configs for the other so if you wanted to switch you could

Reactions: Whovian

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
So guys. I dunno what to build next. Im sorta aiming for a super ultimate solar array, but its a lot more mats then I have. I managed to two LV solar arrays thats it. So I figure I should stop cave diving(I love exploring caves. Dunno why.)

But Im guessing it means I should look into super power generation in the mean time so I can power quarreys. Unsure what to aim for though. Ive never gotten this far before. I have 1 lava tank draining the nether, powering 6 thermals for my industrial grinder. My solars are powering my AE system which is just storage and nothing extra like automated crafting, etc. Aside from that I mostly have basic machines. Extractor, plate bender, power furnace, compressor, magma crucible, liquid transposer.

Give me an idea of what to aim for next.

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
How much ram should i allocated to the FTB with just 4GB of my ram?

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm.

Tree farm, boiler, steam for power? Fusion Reactor?

Starting out's always tough, I still suggest a Tree farm.[DOUBLEPOST=1371090280][/DOUBLEPOST]
How much ram should i allocated to the FTB with just 4GB of my ram?

Unless you're running a server, 1 GB should be adequate usually, though I occasionally find myself needing 2.

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm.

Starting out's always tough, I still suggest a Tree farm.[DOUBLEPOST=1371090280][/DOUBLEPOST]

Unless you're running a server, 1 GB should be adequate usually, though I occasionally find myself needing 2.

The problem is that my ftb lags a loy if i put it in the 1gb, got only around 10fps in ssp and 15 - 20 on smp. How do i solve the lag?

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm.

Where could I find some info about how to start? The tree farm is easy with MFR. But Ive still never really used pipes and redstone and boilers.

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
Where could I find some info about how to start? The tree farm is easy with MFR. But Ive still never really used pipes and redstone and boilers.

There is a lot of guide for it if you search in the youtube. It helps me a lot for learning ftb with youtube

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Good question, yesterday Liara tried to autocraft an Ultimate Energy Cube and got 8 or more...

Ah, it was unanswered because people don't know?

I found the problem with one of my recipes over producing, the output was two and I had it listed as one in the recipe.
However for the things like pistons, where it does it internally with the MAC and it produces it one per recipe, I don't understand as to why it would overproduce

Perhaps it has a funny bug with proximity, because I've found it doesn't overproduce when I'm watching it?
Just a correlation though.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
There is a lot of guide for it if you search in the youtube. It helps me a lot for learning ftb with youtube

Any videos you can recommend? Im not using ftb but I am using 98% of its mods anyway. And about 40% more

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
Usually I just search parts of the mod that I wanted to learn.
Ex: I want to learn about bees / some machine in industrial or build craft I just type the name of the machine and it will pops up. Same thing to bees I just search the YouTube ftb bees tutorial and it pops up too

O yeah does anyone know a good guide for thaumcraft? Not videos but article or such guide. If you know what I mean

Ember Quill

Nov 2, 2012
O yeah does anyone know a good guide for thaumcraft? Not videos but article or such guide. If you know what I mean
Depends on what you're looking for. If you're a beginner who has no idea how to get started, I'd recommend crafting a Thaumonomicon, which is filled with instructions on how to do stuff in Thaumcraft. All you need is a Wand of the Apprentice (which has a recipe in NEI) and a bookcase. Place the bookcase and right click with the wand, and you'll get the Thaumonomicon. Pick it up and use it, and you'll get all sorts of instructions and such about how to get started with Thaumcraft.

If you're not a beginner, and you're looking for research help (which is the only other thing I've seen people ask for guides about), the unofficial FTB wiki at ftbwiki.org has a spoiler-ish guide for that.