Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I thought NEI pulled directly from the game to see what a recipe is. I have all of the ingredients for an openblocks slimalyzer. I pull the recipe up in NEI and quintuple check that I have it all right, it's not the most complicated recipe, but no matter what I do, there's no item to pick up on the output.

Any idea?

leosky

Jul 29, 2019
I have 21k yellorium and wanna not have to worry about energy anymore.
Gimme your BIGGEST most efficient extreme reactor design.
Costs are not an issue.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
OK, cool. That'll make my "Never very advanced in the first place, and also gone for several years, now re-learning how to Minecraft"ing a TON easier. Thanks!

I knew about this, but because I never use hoppers was unsure about which sides of the Furnace did what... By the time I reach this level of automation I usually have a Sag Mill and Alloy Furnace connected wit Conduits, all from EnderIO.

One thing to add if it's not obvious... the Output Chest doesn't have to be below the Hopper. It can be to the side if the Hopper is properly placed.

A

Abandond

I'm currently playing Infinity Evolved. I'm making an effort to make my storage room. I'll have it in sections based on the item type (think ingots, blocks, monster droppings, etc). I wanted to have an overflow chest for the items that don't warrant their own chest. Something like quicksand, as an example.

Is there a pipe (I'm doing this with logistics pipes but I can switch as I'm just getting started) that can organize items by type? So I can send all items of type A down this route, and then any overflow ends up in the last chest?

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
@Abandond You need chassis pipes and I think the item sink module. But, it has been a long time since I've messed with LP pipes. I would suggest looking up some videos on using LP sorting systems. But what you describe can be done.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
If you have mods with piping that is capable of autopulling, that is generally easier on the server (even SSP runs a local server now). Vanilla Hoppers can lead to some lag issues when used in large numbers or in instances where they continually have nowhere to output (full chest for instance).

This was an issue in 1.6.4, and Prof. Mobius even wrote EVOC to address hoppers (and spawners, and ... i I think brewing stands?) because of this. But I thought Mojang had incorporated this into vanilla code now, so that in 1.7.10 these were no longer CPU killers. I know that EVOC doesn't seem to be updated for 1.7.10.

A

Abandond

@Abandond You need chassis pipes and I think the item sink module. But, it has been a long time since I've messed with LP pipes. I would suggest looking up some videos on using LP sorting systems. But what you describe can be done.

Gotcha. I'll have to do some research. I wish there was a better wiki on LP..

Linda Hartlen

Jul 29, 2019
I thought NEI pulled directly from the game to see what a recipe is. I have all of the ingredients for an openblocks slimalyzer. I pull the recipe up in NEI and quintuple check that I have it all right, it's not the most complicated recipe, but no matter what I do, there's no item to pick up on the output.

Any idea?

pic really helps but are you sure you are putting in the glass pane? Many texture packs make that really hard to see in the NEI so its easy to miss, but post pics of what the nei say and what you are trying to do that way we can check if you really are using the right items. It is really really easy to stare yourself blind thinking.. no i got everything right but in fact you dont.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
pic really helps but are you sure you are putting in the glass pane? Many texture packs make that really hard to see in the NEI so its easy to miss, but post pics of what the nei say and what you are trying to do that way we can check if you really are using the right items. It is really really easy to stare yourself blind thinking.. no i got everything right but in fact you dont.

I think you hit the nail on the head. I was using glass, not a glass pane! Thanks! I'll test it after this nether world corpse extraction.

Reactions: Linda Hartlen
T

ThugPolice

Good morning...we recently installed Infinity Lite 1.10.2 server. There are only 4 of us that play on it. I am trying to figure out how to increase the chunk loader count per person. I have searched high and low, with no luck on where to make this change. Right now it is defaulted at 50 per player.

Thank you for any help you can provide...
ThugPolice

T

ThugPolice

@ThugPolice Look at the config.json file located in local\ftbu folder. That is the config file for FTB Utilities and it has the settings for chunk loading.
That is what I thought, but I don't see anything in that config that restricts the number of chunk loaded chunks a player may have. Here is what the file is now.
Code:
{
  "backups": {
    "backups_to_keep": 12,
    "display_file_size": true,
    "enabled": true,
    "backup_timer": 2.0,
    "compression_level": 1,
    "folder": "",
    "use_separate_thread": true
  },
  "commands": {
    "chunks": true,
    "trash_can": true,
    "ranks": true,
    "view_crash": true,
    "js": false,
    "warp": true,
    "tpl": true,
    "inv": true,
    "back": true,
    "server_info": true,
    "spawn": true,
    "home": true,
    "kickme": true
  },
  "general": {
    "auto_restart": false,
    "chat": {
      "substitutes": [
        {
          "shrug": "¯\\_(ツ)_/¯"
        }
      ],
      "substitute_prefix": "!",
      "enable_links": true
    },
    "restart_timer": 12.0,
    "server_info": {
      "difficulty": true,
      "mode": true
    }
  },
  "world": {
    "chunk_loading": true,
    "blocked_entities": [],
    "chunk_claiming": true,
    "safe_spawn": false,
    "spawn_area_in_sp": false
  },
  "webapi": {
    "update_interval": 5,
    "enabled": false,
    "file_location": ""
  },
  "login": {
    "motd": [],
    "enable_motd": true,
    "enable_starting_items": true,
    "starting_items": []
  },
  "ranks": {
    "override_chat": true,
    "override_commands": true,
    "enabled": false
  }
}

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
@ThugPolice It looks like moved that to the ranks section as an option. If nothing is specified the default is 50. The config item is "ftbu.chunkloader.max_chunks" according to the all_configs.html file included with SkyFactory 3.

T

ThugPolice

@ThugPolice It looks like moved that to the ranks section as an option. If nothing is specified the default is 50. The config item is "ftbu.chunkloader.max_chunks" according to the all_configs.html file included with SkyFactory 3.

SPOT ON - I have been searching for hours for this. Thank you!!!

Reactions: Henry Link
L

lochness

Hi. I use windmills and I take energy from energy laser to basic capacitor bank. And basic capacitor bank uses energy conduit from enderio. I cant connect that cable for my metal former. What can i do?

My ss;

6b16923886b948c8860aa9f70af94e9e.png