Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Another quickie: When I made this new mod pack, there looks to be a whole second equipment inventory on a new tab on the regular inventory screen. Only things I added were RFtools, simply jetpacks, etc. and I was under the impression those only made things that go in normal slots. Any idea what these might be for?
Hard to say because of your phrasing. I'd like to know what your "etc" mods are.
I can think of a few mods that add equipment tabs. Galacticraft, thaumic exploration, anything with Baubles in it I believe.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I'd like to know what my etc mods are, too! lol It's too many to keep track of.

I do have galacticraft, though. Maybe that's where my space suit goes?

Baubles are baubles, I've been seeing that one for a while. This one is in the general shape like it's a suit of something.

I was hoping they'd be extra slots for upgrades or something that didn't' conflict with your armor. Like a special place to put jetpacks or something :(

Last edited:

Linda Hartlen

Jul 29, 2019
It would help if you can take a screenshot so we can see exactly what you mean. But it does sound like you are describing the galacticraft tab yes. For the space helmet, oxygen tanks and tubes etc

Reactions: Everlasting2
D

Deleted member 54080

Hello!

Couple quick questions...I'm probably missing something easy/obvious:

I downloaded the 1.10 (1.10.2) from Curse and lit it up for the first time in a few years. Fresh install.

In the first couple hours of gameplay, I'm just getting my feet back underneath me. Re-learning things.

If I make a simple hopper to feed a furnace from above, I can't seem to use any of the basic wrenches to turn it and change the flow direction to down? Shift click, alt click, ctrl click, etc don't work either, it just opens the input menu?

Help?

(Part 2, because this JUST happened)

What the hell is a silver fish? I had some pop on me, and I killed them, but I still hear the gooby noise from the 'spawner' even though the tiles they spawned from are gone now? All that's left is bedrock...how do I clear the noise?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I F*CK!N HATE THE CHAOS GUARDIAN FROM DRACONIC EVOLUTION, THAT PIECE OF $H!ET!!

well, now that I have that out of my system, I'm open for any suggestions on tackling this achievement in SkyFactory 3.
I've upgraded my draconic armour all upto Draconic on all upgrades, I've enchanted it with protection 4 and soulbound, I've a draconic staff of power, fully upgaded upto draconic aswell with effiency 5, sharpness 5, silk touch, magnetic and soulbound and lastly a draconic bow, fully upgraded to draconic aswell with power 5, punch 2, infinity and soulbound.

I'm carrying 3 draconic flux capacitors with upgrades upto draconic aswell and a stack of shiny golden apples.

I've tried using epic bacon for food, flask of mending for instant health and EFLN to blow away the cages around the crystals and let me tell you, I've tried this on a creative world and I've had to visit 5 islands so far and I still can't kill the guardian (the guardian disappears if you die on that island)

I know I first have to take out the crystals, but before I can take out the outer crystals the guardian already starts to circle around me and bombard me with attacks and sucks the energy right out of my 3 capacitors.
I know it's important to constantly move around, but if I do that I lose count of which crystals I've taken out and which ones I haven't, and during that time that I'm figuring out which crystals are still there the guardian gets me again.

I guess the best way to kill him is with atleast 2 people, but I'm on a singleplayer so yea... that won't work.

would it work if I'd constantly teleport back and forth from the island to my base to recharge my capacitors, or would that also make the guardian disappear?

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
@xaks

Part 2: Silverfish are a not-so-new vanilla mob (I don't know what version they came in, maybe 1.6 or 1.7?)... Their "eggs" look like regular stone but take longer to break. If you break an "egg" then you might get a swarm of silverfish as all within a certain area hatch and come at you.

Part 1: Wrenches are part of one mod or another and generally used to work primarily with that mod, although current configs make them somewhat interchangeable. It might be that nobody gave any thought to vanilla hoppers. I don't know, I don't use hoppers.

D

Deleted member 54080

@xaks

Part 2: Silverfish are a not-so-new vanilla mob (I don't know what version they came in, maybe 1.6 or 1.7?)... Their "eggs" look like regular stone but take longer to break. If you break an "egg" then you might get a swarm of silverfish as all within a certain area hatch and come at you.

Part 1: Wrenches are part of one mod or another and generally used to work primarily with that mod, although current configs make them somewhat interchangeable. It might be that nobody gave any thought to vanilla hoppers. I don't know, I don't use hoppers.

I'm not really beholden to using vanilla hoppers per se...they're just what I remember for that functionality. If there's a better/new/easier way to accomplish the same thing, I'm all for it. I just want to feed a furnace a bunch of stuff and collect what comes out the other end.

Alexiy

Mar 3, 2014
Riga, Latvia
I'm not really beholden to using vanilla hoppers per se...they're just what I remember for that functionality. If there's a better/new/easier way to accomplish the same thing, I'm all for it. I just want to feed a furnace a bunch of stuff and collect what comes out the other end.
Hoppers connect to the side you are looking at while placing. Just looking at the furnace top and then placing the hopper must work.

D

Deleted member 54080

Hoppers connect to the side you are looking at while placing. Just looking at the furnace top and then placing the hopper must work.

It did not. However, I built wrenches at random (the ones I had mats for) and the 3rd one worked...so I have that going for me, which is nice.

Now I have to figure out the output...the vanilla furnace doesn't seem to have an output slot, so....

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
When placing a hopper on a machine look at the machine side (top, bottom or side) and hold shift while you place it. That prevents the machines GUI from coming up and allows you to place the hopper.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014

What the hell is a silver fish? I had some pop on me, and I killed them, but I still hear the gooby noise from the 'spawner' even though the tiles they spawned from are gone now? All that's left is bedrock...how do I clear the noise?

The silverfish is probably hiding in nearby stone blocks, or there is a hole somewhere behind a wall where it is hiding. You need to clear out a larger area around you to find it.

Every time you hit a silverfish, its friends pop out of their blocks nearby to attack you. If their block is behind a wall, they just sit there or hide in another block. You need to one-hit the fish to avoid aggroing its friends.

Yijare

Jul 29, 2019
Hello!

Couple quick questions...I'm probably missing something easy/obvious:

I downloaded the 1.10 (1.10.2) from Curse and lit it up for the first time in a few years. Fresh install.

In the first couple hours of gameplay, I'm just getting my feet back underneath me. Re-learning things.

If I make a simple hopper to feed a furnace from above, I can't seem to use any of the basic wrenches to turn it and change the flow direction to down? Shift click, alt click, ctrl click, etc don't work either, it just opens the input menu?

Help?
Vanilla Mechanics, eh? If you place the hopper you have to face the input-face of the block you want to itput. hoppers are now vanilla, no BC Stuff anymore.

Silver Fish are Vanilla Mobs, that surround the Ender Portal... for the sound, try a soundmuffler

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
To kill a fish, cook it with fire. It won't summon help.

That means, Flint + steel is a weapon.

For a furnace: Sides are inputs for fuel; top is input for cookables, bottom is output. It is sided.

D

Deleted member 54080

For a furnace: Sides are inputs for fuel; top is input for cookables, bottom is output. It is sided.

Oooh, it's just not visible?

Does that mean I can just three-stack it? I.E. On top, hopper; furnace directly underneath for multi-stacking input; and put a chest underneath, to accept the output?

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Oooh, it's just not visible?

Does that mean I can just three-stack it? I.E. On top, hopper; furnace directly underneath for multi-stacking input; and put a chest underneath, to accept the output?
Not exactly.

You need a hopper to push into the input slot (i.e. the top), another hopper to push into the fuel slot (i.e. the sides), and one more to pull from the output slot (i.e. the bottom).

D

Deleted member 54080

Not exactly.

You need a hopper to push into the input slot (i.e. the top), another hopper to push into the fuel slot (i.e. the sides), and one more to pull from the output slot (i.e. the bottom).

Ahhh, so, more like....

.............Hopper
Hopper....Furnace
.............Hopper
.............Chest

Top hopper is input of various ores, side hopper is fuel source...say, stacks of old wood items, coal, etc, and the lower hopper will funnel whatever pops out the ass end into the chest at the bottom?

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Well yeah.

It's possible to put another hopper above the side hopper and a double chest above that and the top hopper to input both fuel and smeltables, though I'm not too sure how it'll handle logs

D

Deleted member 54080

Well yeah.

It's possible to put another hopper above the side hopper and a double chest above that and the top hopper to input both fuel and smeltables, though I'm not too sure how it'll handle logs

OK, cool. That'll make my "Never very advanced in the first place, and also gone for several years, now re-learning how to Minecraft"ing a TON easier. Thanks!

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
If you have mods with piping that is capable of autopulling, that is generally easier on the server (even SSP runs a local server now). Vanilla Hoppers can lead to some lag issues when used in large numbers or in instances where they continually have nowhere to output (full chest for instance). Probably not an issue for you at this stage, but something to keep an eye on as your world fills up with things. The more machines and whatnot that you build, the more the server has to work to keep tabs on them, and the Vanilla Hopper seems to be more resource intensive than simple piping in many cases.