Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I get the same issue when plugging in a different output for my machine, like going from speakers to headset; if I do it while Minecraft's open, the sound promptly freaks out and crashes. Good to know there's a solution other than restarting Minecraft.

V

Viperion

I'm hoping this is a simple question with a simple answer; I've just updated computers (Hooray!) - how, using the Curse Launcher, do I import my non-published modpack from my old machine to my new one? Just logging into the Curse Launcher doesn't do it, which I'd hoped it would. Apparently the packs are stored locally and not connected to your user?

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
I'm hoping this is a simple question with a simple answer; I've just updated computers (Hooray!) - how, using the Curse Launcher, do I import my non-published modpack from my old machine to my new one? Just logging into the Curse Launcher doesn't do it, which I'd hoped it would. Apparently the packs are stored locally and not connected to your user?

Use curse to create a new instance. Select the Minecraft and Forge versions that you need. Then use the 3 dots button in the upper right to open the mod folder. From there it is a simple copy/paste of your modpack.

Greystoke

Jan 7, 2016
Anyone know if there is an online/retail source for Minecraft colors of paint? Or a resource guide that gives Pantone or similar codes for the colors, so I could have them mixed? I'm specifically looking for the 16 (?) shades of green/black/white used for creepers.

(Yes, this is a Halloween costume-related question. :rolleyes: )

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Anyone know if there is an online/retail source for Minecraft colors of paint? Or a resource guide that gives Pantone or similar codes for the colors, so I could have them mixed? I'm specifically looking for the 16 (?) shades of green/black/white used for creepers.

(Yes, this is a Halloween costume-related question. :rolleyes: )

If you have WinRAR (to decompress files) and GiMP (or similar graphics program), you can pull out the creeper image file and look up the RGB values for each color.

How to: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum.../mods-discussion/1339478-reskinning-minecraft

There are also papercraft models of creepers that you can use instead of mucking around with the texture files.

One of the better ones: http://www.pixelpapercraft.com/papercraft/4f1a3b808f6c9f4164000002/creeper

(not sure how precise you're going for.)

Reactions: Greystoke

Greystoke

Jan 7, 2016
If you have WinRAR (to decompress files) and GiMP (or similar graphics program), you can pull out the creeper image file and look up the RGB values for each color.

How to: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum.../mods-discussion/1339478-reskinning-minecraft

There are also papercraft models of creepers that you can use instead of mucking around with the texture files.

One of the better ones: http://www.pixelpapercraft.com/papercraft/4f1a3b808f6c9f4164000002/creeper

(not sure how precise you're going for.)

I appreciate the info, thanks! I think the printable paper version will work great, costume only has to hold together for one lap around the neighborhood. :)

V

Viperion

Use curse to create a new instance. Select the Minecraft and Forge versions that you need. Then use the 3 dots button in the upper right to open the mod folder. From there it is a simple copy/paste of your modpack.
So, no. :p I have to copy/paste the files over the LAN from one computer to another? You can't actually do it from inside the Curse Launcher? ("use the 3 dots button in the upper right to open the mod folder" takes you to Windows, not Curse)

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
So, no. :p I have to copy/paste the files over the LAN from one computer to another? You can't actually do it from inside the Curse Launcher? ("use the 3 dots button in the upper right to open the mod folder" takes you to Windows, not Curse)
Sorry, my bad. I sort of miss read the question, but can't you use a file cloud like dropbox or google drive to copy the mod folders between computers? Or if they are on the same local area network and are both windows machine you can use the built in feature of windows to share the files out of the old computer and just access the old computer from the new one.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019

Sorry, my bad. I sort of miss read the question, but can't you use a file cloud like dropbox or google drive to copy the mod folders between computers? Or if they are on the same local area network and are both windows machine you can use the built in feature of windows to share the files out of the old computer and just access the old computer from the new one.
Or, you know, a thumb drive?

Reactions: OniyaMCD
V

Viperion

I just copied the files (mods folder and config folder) across the LAN and crossed my fingers. Worked great, as far as I can tell. One question; it looks like something is throttling the FPS to 60 - it's sitting dead on 60 all the time, no stutters, looks great - but something is stopping it from going higher. (Yes I have "Max Framerate" set to "Not Limited")

I'm running it through an HDMI cable to my TV; is that doing it? Does Forge do it (seems unlikely)? I can give a modlist if that would help but there's nothing too unusual in it.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Turn off vsync in the "Options" menu. It limits FPS to 60 for 1). the purpose of making videos -or- 2). keeping the system from overdriving older video cards and/or monitors.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Mariculture Air Pump... How does it work?

(Regrowth pack, latest version, yeah I know I'm late to the Regrowth bandwagon)

I've got the diver's helmet, the air supply (I'm all out of love.. sorry couldn't help myself :p) diving suit and diving boots all equipped.

Put the air pump down and put a wooden engine next to it, and turned the engine on, gave it some time to "warm up" and hop into the water... blub blub...

If I'm next to it, and can right click it to "turn" it, it supplies me with air around 3 bubbles left.. but that's no use if I want to go deeper....

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Mariculture Air Pump... How does it work?

(Regrowth pack, latest version, yeah I know I'm late to the Regrowth bandwagon)

I've got the diver's helmet, the air supply (I'm all out of love.. sorry couldn't help myself :p) diving suit and diving boots all equipped.

Put the air pump down and put a wooden engine next to it, and turned the engine on, gave it some time to "warm up" and hop into the water... blub blub...

If I'm next to it, and can right click it to "turn" it, it supplies me with air around 3 bubbles left.. but that's no use if I want to go deeper....

Regrowth vet here - ditch the air pump and go for the Ring of Chordata. That plus the diving helmet makes underwater an absolute dream!

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Is there any point to having a frame_per second rate so high, when the tick_per second is what drives things?

Fps and tps are two separate things... Tps is the "timing belt" that keeps the game engine in sync, @ 20/sec. If you experience a 10 second duration fps drop to zero when a creeper is 3 blocks away and tps stays constant? Too bad for you... You won't even see the creeper come up to tap your shoulder! :D

Reactions: PierceSG
V

Viperion

Turn off vsync in the "Options" menu. It limits FPS to 60 for 1). the purpose of making videos -or- 2). keeping the system from overdriving older video cards and/or monitors.
Yep that was it :D Turned vSync off and am getting 120-140fps. Love my new machine :D