Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Firnagzen

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any weapon that isn't Draconic Evolution, but can one shot Endermen and can have the Reaper enchant?

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Is there any weapon that isn't Draconic Evolution, but can one shot Endermen and can have the Reaper enchant?
u probably need a str potion effect for that (technicaly pouncing enchant might work to this end ) since u litteraly cant without tinkers construct weoponary (or de) and i cant think of anything else that besides that which can do it alone . so "str potion" and the ender after empowered , a tainted blood pendant of vigor will work as a str 2 potion for this case alas i think u need other dmg enhants as well (sharpness works) on the sword . the threshold for sword dmg with strength 2 potion effect might be around 13 or 14 dmg before potion , alternatively if u have a bound blade it can replace the empowered ender in this case(stronger base dmg )

disclaimer: i make no guarantees this works at all past 1.7.10 because mojang messed with str potions in a version after that

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
If you have ChromatiCraft, you can use the Chromatic Enchanter to make a Reaping V book, which you should be able to anvil on to something like a normal enchanted book.

Firnagzen

Jul 29, 2019
Hm. Well, I'm actually trying to make a mob farm, so thanks for your suggestion, @Everlasting2, but that wouldn't work. I need to one shot endermen, otherwise they teleport away. The Ender isn't really a good option, because it'll break eventually.

@RavynousHunter I managed to get a Reaper V book, yeah, but the problem is that I need a sword that I can enchant it on.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Are you killing these endermen near your base by any chance?

If so, you could plant a vinculotus nearby (Botania), which forces endermen who teleport to teleport to that plant instead.

Reactions: Firnagzen

Greystoke

Jan 7, 2016
Hm. Well, I'm actually trying to make a mob farm, so thanks for your suggestion, @Everlasting2, but that wouldn't work. I need to one shot endermen, otherwise they teleport away. The Ender isn't really a good option, because it'll break eventually.

I built a mob farm with cursed earth, under water, which tends to keep the Endermen inside. The farm has a two-block high entrance where I can stand with a looting-enchanted sword, whack away at their shins. Decent source of enderpearls and XP, sometimes heads as well.

Reactions: Firnagzen

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Also, enderman don't teleport if you hit them at their feet with a normal sword. Now if have fire aspect on that sword then yes they will teleport when it. So it might be a good idea to setup the mob farm so you only have a 1/2 block window at their feet to hit them. That way you don't need to one shot them.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Also, enderman don't teleport if you hit them at their feet with a normal sword. Now if have fire aspect on that sword then yes they will teleport when it. So it might be a good idea to setup the mob farm so you only have a 1/2 block window at their feet to hit them. That way you don't need to one shot them.
I find they teleport all the time if I hit their feet, in 1.7.10 anyway, and assuming things like a "certus quartz sword" is "normal."

Also they seem to teleport less at night than at day, or at least they tend to at least keep teleporting aggressively near me at night rather than just hoofing it out like cowards.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015

@RavynousHunter I managed to get a Reaper V book, yeah, but the problem is that I need a sword that I can enchant it on.
The point of the strength 2 potion effect was to get enough damage in a single hit to 1 shot them ,as for breaking i did suggest a bound blade as a replacement for the ender .
if the bound blade breaks u have been recklessy automaticaly dis enchanting it ,other wise through nornal use it will kill u before it even gets close to breaking and if ur soul network gets that dry the sword will only remove .5- 1heart each time not 1 Or 2 or3 or4 shot u

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I dunno if you can add extra enchants to a bedrock sword, and that's about the only non-TiC weapon of which I can think that'd do enough damage.

M

MrHeash

giphy.gif

As you can see in the gif, windmills from Immersive Engineering just disappear after ~100 blocks. I tried a few things in the video options, but nothing worked. Any suggestions?

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
giphy.gif

As you can see in the gif, windmills from Immersive Engineering just disappear after ~100 blocks. I tried a few things in the video options, but nothing worked. Any suggestions?
They just stop rendering if they're far away.

If increasing render distance doesn't work, it's probably in the same vein as chickens which stop rendering after some blocks

Reactions: MrHeash

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
giphy.gif

The Immersive Engineering config has the settings for rendering distance for the windmills and such

Reactions: MrHeash
A

Ausghostdog

Does the old method of having a chicken farm no longer work? where you place water blocks above a group of signs for the eggs to fall through? I've tried this and the chickens drown.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Does the old method of having a chicken farm no longer work? where you place water blocks above a group of signs for the eggs to fall through? I've tried this and the chickens drown.
Tbh just jamming a ton of chickens above a hopper should work.

Or if you want free range eggs just run a hopper minecart below the platform

Reactions: JunpakuKarasu
K

Kenjii

Hi
I'm playing on FTB Infinity and I've gotten pretty far (I think) I have the wyvern armor from draconic evolution, a base, A big reactor, AE system, A capacitor filled with 200 million RF and I'm not sure where to go from here(kinda bored). I don't really like magic too much.
Could you guys tell me what I could do from here? thanks

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Hi
I'm playing on FTB Infinity and I've gotten pretty far (I think) I have the wyvern armor from draconic evolution, a base, A big reactor, AE system, A capacitor filled with 200 million RF and I'm not sure where to go from here(kinda bored). I don't really like magic too much.
Could you guys tell me what I could do from here? thanks

I don't know much about "endgame" other than going to the Nether and the End... I always think of something I want to do differently and restart long before that point :D

What I do want to mention is that FtB is working on 1.10.2 packs now... They released their first mod testing pack, "Unstable", before Minecon. There's also "HermitPack", designed by the Hermitcraft group, maintained by FtB and released just the other day.

According to the FtB Minecon panel we may be seeing the beta version 1.10.2 of "Infinity" (being close-tested and viewable on YT and Twitch now) by the end of the month or in November, and Direwolf20 has said that he's just waiting on a few mods and/or replacements for non-updated mods for the new "Direwolf20" pack.

There are enough differences between Vanilla 1.7.10 and 1.10.2 to change many aspects of the game, and the internal system changes made to MC in 1.7.x, 1.8.x and 1.9.x have made the game a bit more efficient as well.

Soon you may be faced with the decision to try a new pack... Just remember you can still keep your current Infinity to play as well, unlike many AAA games :)

Last edited:
Reactions: fimbrethil