Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
V

Viperion

Thanks. Just new to this... but modpack is turning out fine
I'm making a pack too and have added OreDictionary; it seems to be doing a good job of allowing the four(!) different types of copper that generate to be used interchangeably in any recipe

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Just wondering...
I am trying to make a modpack of my own, and was wondering how the ore generation in the wold was controlled. I really don't like having three different kinds of tin and two of copper.

Neither do I, and it's one of the things that bothers me about playing modded minecraft. Both the ore blocks and the ingots should ALWAYS unify, without the need to run all items that come into our base thru some external "Unifier" block in order to do it. Some mods have figured out how - Storage Drawers being the prime example. Well done, Storage Drawers mod, with your built-in unify feature - brilliant!

So I'd say just from your sentence, you're on the right track with your modpack. Well done.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Neither do I, and it's one of the things that bothers me about playing modded minecraft. Both the ore blocks and the ingots should ALWAYS unify, without the need to run all items that come into our base thru some external "Unifier" block in order to do it. Some mods have figured out how - Storage Drawers being the prime example. Well done, Storage Drawers mod, with your built-in unify feature - brilliant!

So I'd say just from your sentence, you're on the right track with your modpack. Well done.

JABBA Barrels work as unifiers as well. There is also a mod that performs automatic ore dictionary conversion (that might actually be the mod name - don't remember, but it'd on Curse) when configured items land in your inventory. As noted above, COFHcore is the answer for unified ores, but they take on a number of different mod ingot forms depending on how you process the ore. That's where the Auto Dictionary Converter comes into its own, as it can unify anything you pick up (while Storage Drawers/JABBA Barrels can unify automated processes).

Alternatively, you could use Minetweaker to unify the outputs of all your machines, but that sounds like a ton more work.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to block items from going into a logistics pipe? For reference I've got an MFR harvester so it produces both items and fluids, I'm using insertion pipes to let it take away the fluid but I'd prefer if the items didn't go into that pipe and went into the adjacent inventory instead. The inventory is placed directly behind it.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to block items from going into a logistics pipe? For reference I've got an MFR harvester so it produces both items and fluids, I'm using insertion pipes to let it take away the fluid but I'd prefer if the items didn't go into that pipe and went into the adjacent inventory instead. The inventory is placed directly behind it.
Pipe plugs?

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Direwolf20 1.7.10 is going to update further or it is decided no further mod updates will take place?
1.7.10 was for the most part a completed pack, most mods in the pack have not updated that version of the mod. It was a good pack and unfortunately 1.7.10 is the last time any fully implemented pack was available.

It's getting a bit frustrating that we don't actually know when there will be next milestone* version of modded minecraft with the dev's chasing the shiny new version every few weeks and just dropping versions.

*Milestone versions IMHO are 1.2.5, 1.4.7 , 1.6.4 & 1.7.10. The ones that had a good improvement from the last one and that there was a large number of mods that where fully implemented (they may have had additions and changes in the next version but what was there was playable and functional).

1.8 to 1.8.9 was a total loss and if the dev's jump to 1.10 then 1.9 to 1.9.4 may be as well.

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
Unfortunately not an option, as I mention I still want the pipe to be able to connect for fluids and that means no pipe plugs as they totally block connection.
Firewall logistics pipe?
Edit: or use a fluid duct/conduit/pipe between the harvester and the logistics pipe.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Firewall logistics pipe?
Edit: or use a fluid duct/conduit/pipe between the harvester and the logistics pipe.
Yeah, I'd probably place a tank of some sort (the Buildcraft ones look pretty good) next to the Harvester, and have the logipipes pull out of that.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
firewall logisitics pipe does exactly this and u can configure them to block ithems from passing through them while letting fluids go through

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
So this is when I mention I also use LP to transfer power around so I need the pipe anyway? Also that there's other stuff on that line so I'd need to diverge for a firewall pipe anyway to not stop that.

Bleh, seems like there isn't really a solution then. I'll just try my other solution of just adapting to deal with the items going straight into the pipes. Just seems less neat to me.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Probably not, as it outputs into the liquid insertion pipe even if there is nowhere to send the items and that causes them to just be dumped on the ground. That happened a decent bit while doing the first setup steps.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
This might be dumb, but how about just placing a tank of some sort next to the harvester and then extracting the fluid from that?

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
This might be dumb, but how about just placing a tank of some sort next to the harvester and then extracting the fluid from that?
Still need a pipe that connects to the harvester to power it, otherwise that would work.

My solution in the end was move the storage for items from the farm to the rest of my storage, seems less neat to me but it works well I suppose.

Now if only storage drawers had an equivalent of the B-Space upgrade.