Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
A

Alex Johnson

I'm playing in Sky Factory 2.5, and I'm looking for a way to send a redstone signal when a tank is full. Normally I would use BC gates, but it is not in this pack. Is there another mod in this pack that can do what I want?

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
a comparator might be able to send a redstone signal depending on how full the tank is.
CC might be able to help.

A

Alex Johnson

I have an Openblocks tank that is being filled with liquid XP from a Blaze Farm. I have an Ender IO fluid conduit pumping it into a portable tank. Then I have an xp shower coming out of that going into a sewer, converting it into mob essence which is pumped into a portable buffer tank, and then into a separate Openblocks tank. I'm using the mob essence as fuel for some Reactant Dynamos. I want to regulate the conversion of xp to mob essence so that either the fluid conduit or the xp shower is only active when mob essence is consumed by the dynamos. But I'm not familiar with how comparators work or how to go about setting one up. I hope that makes sense.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Rotarycraft v14b

How do I power an extractor to get aluminum dust? LOTS of gasoline engines?

Changed the question.

Anyone knows how to progress in RotaryCraft (without the other addon mods), or know where I could go and read up on how to progress in Rotarycraft?

So far, I've managed to get to producing Jet Fuel. But I can't make the Performance Engine (aluminum powder), Kinetic Engine (spring steel, I only managed to get the blast furnace up to 987C with 4 Gasoline Engines) , and those after because I can't seem to know how to power the Extractor for all stages (multiple setups, I can't get the 8k speed needed for one of the stage).

Please do not recommend the Magnetostatic Engine.

Thanks.

Last edited:

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Rotarycraft v14b

How do I power an extractor to get aluminum dust? LOTS of gasoline engines?

Changed the question.

Anyone knows how to progress in RotaryCraft (without the other addon mods), or know where I could go and read up on how to progress in Rotarycraft?

So far, I've managed to get to producing Jet Fuel. But I can't make the Performance Engine (aluminum powder), Kinetic Engine (spring steel, I only managed to get the blast furnace up to 987C with 4 Gasoline Engines) , and those after because I can't seem to know how to power the Extractor for all stages (multiple setups, I can't get the 8k speed needed for one of the stage).

Please do not recommend the Magnetostatic Engine.

Thanks.
I'll give you a hint here, you do NOT need to power all 4 stages at the same time. I've ran an extractor on a single gasloine engine, albeit really slowly. You'll want to look into CVTs or a Multi-direction clutch.

M

MrHeash

Is there any way to enable Biomes O Plenty afterwards on a SINGLEPLAYER world? I spent several hours building/farming stuff and dont want to start all over again.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
I'll give you a hint here, you do NOT need to power all 4 stages at the same time. I've ran an extractor on a single gasloine engine, albeit really slowly. You'll want to look into CVTs or a Multi-direction clutch.

Thanks. And I think I might have over complicated things myself.

Apparently, like you said, a single Gasoline Engine will work. I just had to use a 16:1 Diamond Gearbox and switch it from Torque to Speed according to which stage it is in.

Update: I've also managed to get the Pulse Jet Furnace working by chaining 2x16:1 and 1x2:1 gearbox to an AC Electric Generator. So now, I'm able to start crafting Microturbines and Jet Gas Turbines.

Another question.

How do you calculate the heat Friction Heater will heat up to?

Last edited:
C

calans

I am trying to craft a beealyzer in the carpenter. I have followed the recipe (4 tin ingots, 2 glass, 2 redstones, 1 diamond) and have given my carpenter water and power. But it still shows the "No Recipe" icon.

https://imgur.com/vt0Bvep

Can anyone offer any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong or what I could do to fix this?

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Is there any way to enable Biomes O Plenty afterwards on a SINGLEPLAYER world? I spent several hours building/farming stuff and dont want to start all over again.
What do you mean after? As in after the world has been generated?

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
I want to have an (mostly) lagless minecraft.
What is better for that, a montly description server, or a new CPU?
In both cases, what is recommended? I live in germany btw.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Is there an effective cap to how fast TiC (1.7.10) hammers can be? Was playing around in a test world and a 55.8 speed hammer didn't seem different to an 11 speed hammer or an Jeff V diamond pick, whereas I'd normally expect the first to be at least able to mine as fast as I can walk.

M

MrHeash

What do you mean after? As in after the world has been generated?

Yes. I am currently playing in a world which generates default Biomes but I want to change it to Biomes O Plenty without losing my stuff.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Yes. I am currently playing in a world which generates default Biomes but I want to change it to Biomes O Plenty without losing my stuff.

Well...its possible to use MCEdit to move all of your builds over to a new BoP world...but other than that no. Honestly if you've only put in a few hours, it may be worth just restarting.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Well...its possible to use MCEdit to move all of your builds over to a new BoP world...but other than that no. Honestly if you've only put in a few hours, it may be worth just restarting.
Well thx for the advice @erindalc. Ill try using MCEdit.
If all you have spent on it is a few hours, then don't waste your time. Just restart and do it properly from the start.

You will end up spending more time on it trying to copy things over, fixing problems and still end up with a crappy and possibly buggy result.

Reactions: erindalc

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Use an NBT editor to change the world type? It'd be in the level.dat file in the data section, changing the generator name to BIOMESOP should work. It won't affect already generated chunks naturally but I think it'd work on new ones.

Reactions: MrHeash
M

MrHeash

If all you have spent on it is a few hours, then don't waste your time. Just restart and do it properly from the start.

You will end up spending more time on it trying to copy things over, fixing problems and still end up with a crappy and possibly buggy result.

That's frustrating but you might be right. I dont know how you guys define "several", tbh I spent like >30 Hours into that shit :D

M

MrHeash

Use an NBT editor to change the world type? It'd be in the level.dat file in the data section, changing the generator name to BIOMESOP should work. It won't affect already generated chunks naturally but I think it'd work on new ones.

Thx man! It works like a charm using NBT Editor :)