Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

TangentialThreat

Jul 29, 2019
BEES BEES BEES

I have a setup which is extracting my excess bee's into Liquid DNA. Im just wondering how i create specific bee's out of it? EG, how can i turn a common princess into say a cultivated Princess with DNA?

Also any other cool extra bee machines i should investigate?

Chuck bees with useful traits and some empty serum vials into the isolator. Fill up serums in the synthesizer (needs DNA) and purify them in the purifier (needs more DNA). Then, put the perfected serum and target bees in the inoculator and they come out with the desired trait.

You may also want to check out soul frames, mutator blocks, and acclimatizers.

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
I have 3 MFSU's supplied with Eu by 4 turbines (want to add 2 more soon, and much more eventually) These MFSUs are hooked in parallel and power all my IC machines.
I want to add a matterfab to the system. How do I set it up so only excess energy will go into the matterfab? I need something that turns it on only if my MFSUs are full.

My setup sounds very similar to what youre after and been answered above, but if you want a picture ...

2013-03-30_21-09-39-png.3121

Basically, 4 steam turbines feed into three MFSUs. The outside MFSUs feed GT and IC2 production lines, while the centre line feeds the matterFab when things are quiet.

The production-line MFSU are set to emit redstone when full (refer green lamps) and also connect to the centre MFSU via a Not Gate (obscured) and red alloy wire. The centre MFSU is set to not output power on a redstone signal.

So when either of the GT/IC2 production line is running and drawing down on an outside MFSU, the centre MFSU shuts off, the MatterFab is idle and turbine output is dedicated to the machine lines.
Works like a charm :)

Reactions: Silent_007

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Not in Direwolf's pack from what I can see. I know i can add mods but i try to find a solution with the mods at hand.

I kinda did brainstorming with a friend. Instead of a Autarchic gate on the wooden pipe i put a normal one with condition to emit redstone signal when there are items in the chest. Beside that there is a redstone energy cell set up only to emit power on redstone signal. That make the cell power the gate, but only when there are actual items to pump out. It pumps items to a void pipe as fast as export buss pumps them in or a bit faster from what i can see. Burns a bit of MJs but i have MJs to burn with my double max size boiler setup. :)[DOUBLEPOST=1366759588][/DOUBLEPOST]Yapp, that's what I've just ended up doing, with a bit of automation too boot. :) If anyone have a simpler way of doing it, preferably with just one block instead of a chest, 2 pipes, a gate and a cell I would appreciate if you would share it. :) As I said, I only want to use blocks aviable in Direwolf20's pack, latest version.
chest->filter (from RP2)->Lava source block.
Use a computer to pulse the filter instead of a timer, so that you won't have any laggy lighting updates. This way each pulse from the computer will void a stack of chest content.
Code:
while true do
  redstone.setOutput("back",true)
  sleep(0.1)
  redstone.setOutput("back",false)
  sleep(0.9)
end
This code assumes, that the filter is at the back of the computer. It will pulse the filter once per second. If AE exports faster to the chest, just reduce the second sleep variable. When it's finished, just terminate the program with CTRL+T (IIRC you have to hold that combo for a few seconds).

xSINZx

Jul 29, 2019
MFFS

Ok playing around in test world today trying to get the MFFS to go higher. Can't seem to get it go above the 2 blocks high.
This Mod really needs a better help file. I'm sure once you know it, it's easy as but if you don't know it then it's quite confusing.
Using Sphax texture pack. The four holes on the Projector are facing up. I have 4 Focus Matrix in each slot around the circle thing inside the projector but this seems to be sides only and the others below wont accept a Focus Matrix. Could be a Texture Pack problem I guess.

Anyone have a good current link to a Video Setup I can watch. I don't have all the time the world to keep watching Videos.

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
MFFS

Ok playing around in test world today trying to get the MFFS to go higher. Can't seem to get it go above the 2 blocks high.
This Mod really needs a better help file. I'm sure once you know it, it's easy as but if you don't know it then it's quite confusing.
Using Sphax texture pack. The four holes on the Projector are facing up. I have 4 Focus Matrix in each slot around the circle thing inside the projector but this seems to be sides only and the others below wont accept a Focus Matrix. Could be a Texture Pack problem I guess.

Anyone have a good current link to a Video Setup I can watch. I don't have all the time the world to keep watching Videos.

I think the field modulator <strength> is what you need.

Quesenek

Jul 29, 2019
What is the depleted honey crystal used for?
I see it has 0/8000EU but I cannot charge it so whats it used for?

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
What is the depleted honey crystal used for?
I see it has 0/8000EU but I cannot charge it so whats it used for?
It just seems to be a low tier battery, to charge and power your machines with.

I guess the only use for it is if you are rather advanced in bees (it's not that far in the mutations, but still), and only have very basic installation using EU (generator, machines, but no cables or batbox).

Still, 8K EU is so low that even a battery would outdo it, so it's just an other useless item that bees create.

Don't get me wrong, I love bees, bit there are a few items that they produce that have very little, or even no use at all.

Quesenek

Jul 29, 2019
It just seems to be a low tier battery, to charge and power your machines with.

I guess the only use for it is if you are rather advanced in bees (it's not that far in the mutations, but still), and only have very basic installation using EU (generator, machines, but no cables or batbox).

Still, 8K EU is so low that even a battery would outdo it, so it's just an other useless item that bees create.

Don't get me wrong, I love bees, bit there are a few items that they produce that have very little, or even no use at all.
Yeah that's what I was thinking. Oh well I only have them because I'm making redstone and this is one of the by-products.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
True. But Honey Crystals are easy to mass-produce, from what I understand. I mean mass-produce. So, in conjunction with charging stuffage (the most convenient would be the Advanced Power Management mod) and Chests, they can be used for cheap mass EU storage.

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
A few questions:

Xycraft Soil: What saplings grow faster with it? (or what ones don't if that easier)
Forestry Tree Breeding: What trees don't work with it?

Greyed

Jul 29, 2019
My google-fu has failed me. Does the Biofuel from MFR work in Railcraft's liquid fireboxes? And if so, is this without Forestry being installed?

EDIT: And now that I am around my game computer, no, not in the 1.4.x versions. :(

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
My google-fu has failed me. Does the Biofuel from MFR work in Railcraft's liquid fireboxes? And if so, is this without Forestry being installed?

EDIT: And now that I am around my game computer, no, not in the 1.4.x versions. :(
If forestry is installed it works fine because MFR checks to use forestry biofuel before its own.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Yeah, which is kinda pointless as I'm looking for more RC compatible liquid fuel sans Forestry.
Too bad there isn't a way to mention powercrystals since he seems to come here pretty often.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I believe that would be something Railcraft would have to implement, not MFR.
Railcraft I believe checks through the forge dictionary for usable substances. I could be wrong though. I'll try to get in touch with both of them :D