Ars Magica 2 community spellbook

ozak

Jul 29, 2019
hm, could work, but may not activate the recall, Give it a try and find out

(Also make sure to have a self in there somewhere so it activates onto whoever walks into it)

Nah, if you add self before the things it'll happen to you. I know. I've used that technique in my Hit 'n' run spell up the page a bit.

Sorry about that, I completely forgot that it was a pricipium shape, it's kind of hard to remember these things when you haven't unlocked them yet.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Underhanded Rune - Rune -> Zone -> AoE -> Life Tap -> Magic Damage -> Mana Drain
Life tap may be unnecessary.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Question:
Is life tap actually a useful spell component?

I've never actually used it because I don't know how much life it will take off to replace the mana

ozak

Jul 29, 2019
Question:
Is life tap actually a useful spell component?

I've never actually used it because I don't know how much life it will take off to replace the mana
Well, I use it in order to grind xp, it seems to do damaged based on the amount of mana the spell would drain.

For example my xp spell is:
Self | Life tap | Heal | Healing
It deals about six hearts of damage and then completely heals it. I think it does six hearts cause of the high mana cost. I think a cheap spell like a simple dig spell would do next to no damage.

linkhyrule5

Jul 29, 2019
So fun fact: If you do "Projectile | Frost Damage | Touch | Frost Damage," as far as I can tell it works perfectly... as long as you hit. If you miss, the freeze damage gets applied to you instead. Can someone make sense of this?

ozak

Jul 29, 2019
So fun fact: If you do "Projectile | Frost Damage | Touch | Frost Damage," as far as I can tell it works perfectly... as long as you hit. If you miss, the freeze damage gets applied to you instead. Can someone make sense of this?
Maybe if you use a touch spell on nothing it applies to you?

Zorku

Jul 29, 2019
It's a bit late but magicworld 2 contains the blood magic mod, which allows circumvention of warded blocks, by moving them someplace else.
I've also had silverwood logs punch holes in warded boxes when I've grown them.

Zen300

Jul 29, 2019
How exactly does the binding work?

I experimented with it but nothing came of the spell, like no spectral item... Help?

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
How exactly does the binding work?

I experimented with it but nothing came of the spell, like no spectral item... Help?
Binding-Touch-Dig will create a tool that does exactly that. Why you want to make a tool or how you control what tool it is, I have no clue.

Sapphireoath

Jul 29, 2019
Projectile | Piercing | Piercing | Piercing | AoE | Dig

This is a revolutionary mining technology brought on by the community's increased understanding of spell grammar. Carves a 3x3x7 hole. Kind of uneven when fired on a diagonal.

Overloaded my Witchwood+Sunstone Altar when left idle mid-craft. Anyone else had this happen with any of the other spell combinations here? It didn't seem like an excessively powerful spell that it would overload the altar...

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019

This is a revolutionary mining technology brought on by the community's increased understanding of spell grammar. Carves a 3x3x7 hole. Kind of uneven when fired on a diagonal.

Overloaded my Witchwood+Sunstone Altar when left idle mid-craft. Anyone else had this happen with any of the other spell combinations here? It didn't seem like an excessively powerful spell that it would overload the altar...
...How the balls? Overloaded it? In what way?
I mean, that's a sunstone and witchwood altar. That's like 13 parts allowed to a spell, and that's only 6. The chance of that mucking it up is 0%, straight up. Unless it needed essence for some reason, anyway...

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019

I've had my altar freak out when I accidentally started it and didn't know how to stop it, so I left it and it unloaded and it loaded. It wasn't happy in the slightest

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
I have unlock everything I could without red points (water and air guardians farmed with blood magic gear), and I now want to get red points to try and make "ultimate" spells.

My problem is that the boss that drops them that is the easiest to summon (nature guardian) takes basically no damage from the same sword that did 50 damages to the water guardian.

So I tried to experiment with spells for a bit, based on what I have unlocked, and I am not even killing neutral mobs in one shot.

My question for the masters of the arcane is the following:
What spell (or something from an other mod) should I make in order to make the nature guardian killable?

I figured it might be good to use "arcane" damages (magic damage spell part) to hit the opposite element, but without the "buff" spell parts ("damage", for example), I am clueless.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I have unlock everything I could without red points (water and air guardians farmed with blood magic gear), and I now want to get red points to try and make "ultimate" spells.

My problem is that the boss that drops them that is the easiest to summon (nature guardian) takes basically no damage from the same sword that did 50 damages to the water guardian.

So I tried to experiment with spells for a bit, based on what I have unlocked, and I am not even killing neutral mobs in one shot.

What spell (or something from an other mod) should I make in order to make the nature guardian killable?

I figured it might be good to use "arcane" damages (magic damage spell part) to hit the opposite element, but without the "buff" spell parts ("damage", for example), I am clueless.
Use fire damage, and set the thing alight. It is a tree after all. (But yes, it is pretty buff and doesn't take much damage)

I also recommend making it so that it can only use its ranged attack on you, whilst that hurts a little, the melee damage hurts a lot..

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
That's a good advice (I think), but projectile+fire damage on half moon would take ages to take that boss down.

I might not have insisted enough on the fact that it's my first go at AM2, and I have no clue how to make a semi decent spell after the very basic ones. (yeah, I made a channel mana steal magical damage, nearly killing myself with it)

DanBeatYou_xD

Jul 29, 2019
Fight the ice guardian, its a little easier if make an arena. For the binding, they work like this.
Binding just applies the tool, when it is used it casts the spell. So bind, projectile, fire damage. Would cast a fire projectile on each hit. Equally, binding, self, heal would heal you (the caster) on each hit.

For the majority of weapon and offensive bound weapons, use a touch spell, as it will cast the effect upon striking the target. A good example is: Binding, touch, blizzard, blind, entangle - this holds the target in place, renders them unable to see for the duration and does rapid damage. Furthermore, you can enchant bound tools and weapons using an anvil and an enchanted book. The tool must be bound as itself i.e. the pick, not the spell icon.

One thing I would avoid with binding is the zone spell as zone casts the following bit a few times but as an independent caster, so affects all people, including yourself.

For general tool use, the main thing you'd want is bind, touch, aoe, dig (Will create a spell that can do a multi area effect, depending on cast mode and with any bound tool, other than the sword. Right click will cast the spell too, so a pickaxe that can mine and will also cast projectiles if needed (light may help), Note it will also cast the spell each block it breaks.

Hopefully that helps people with the binding shape.

New spell:
'Don't Touch Meh'
contingency damage, [zone - optional], aoe, radiusx3, recall
*Note --> Make another spell that does mark - [projectile, mark]. Set your mark location in a trap [Runes work well with zone lightning or simply set it on a hole, fill with a hard to break block or an ever stone set as obsidian] apply the contingency buff whilst there (Its cheaper this way) and it triggers on med more successfully than high and tested on 4k+ blocks at level 40 approx.

Training spell:
Self, mana shield, lifetap, heal - offline saps the shield and thus doesn't hurt you, but awards xp **NOTE in dw20 pack, the reflect spell is bugged but appaers to be simply an ID conflict, Eucalyptus wood worked in survival on a server.

Regards DanBeatYou_xD[DOUBLEPOST=1399311114][/DOUBLEPOST]Infiniate use:
Self, lifetap, heal, projectile, [damage type]
Can spam this on low, if level 20+ as it damages you but heals you, so can cast forever*** NOTE you must spam a few times to build the effect up to work, doing once will not regen the mana.

Infinate use 0 damage
Self, manasheild, lifetap, [heal if mana shield bugs online], proj, [dammagetype]

DanBeatYou_xD

Jul 29, 2019

If using a pack with tinkers construct, make a rapier. Alternativly, I'd suggest the winter guardian as you can make an arena easily and obtain red orbs much easier than the nature one. A heal spell and a sword can take the guardian down if used on low casting mode and attacking rapidly

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
I think I'm doing something wrong, I can not damage the winter guardian at all, be it with an super sword or a bad spell.
Well, damage indicator shows damage, but his health stays at max.

Guess I just have to keep away from those boss until I get red points from levels.

EDIT: I went for the rapier, and it kind of does the job, any other way (including the starfall spell on medium moon) does either 0 or 1.

Last edited: