Arendelle Castle (from the movie Frozen) Pictures

allster101

Jul 29, 2019
Or, possibly, you could post a world download? The castle looks great and I'm sure lots of us would want to check it out.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sorry if you said this already, I'm much to tired to read the full thread, but will you put up a save file?

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, the castle looks very nice.
Does the glowstone generator work anymore? I tried it and it wasn't working for me - maybe I'm doing something wrong? I basically made a cobblegen from water and lava and substituted cryotheum for water and pyrotheum for lava.

Wrong liquids ;)

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sorry if you said this already, I'm much to tired to read the full thread, but will you put up a save file?
I'm considering it. I have already posted a couple of config changes to pastebin and they are linked in the OP so getting the pack right should be easy too. If there is to be a download (which is dependant on getting a good place to host it, probably dropbox) it won't be for at least a few weeks. I am also planning on stripping out all the machines and stuff if I release a download. Although some of those machines are pretty awesome if I do say so myself, they make my computer sad and fps can get pretty terrible in my machine room. Removing those machines goes a long way towards fixing that problem and it also means that you will be able to put your own mark on the base. I will leave a magnum torch in place though and maybe a couple of bits of extra loot hidden across the map like my enchanted thaumium armour. What do you think of hiding loot around or would you prefer I didn't do that? That last question is open to anyone who cares to respond (keep in mind that it will go someway to making up for the fact that I did a lot of manual mining in the area so you might want to go a long way elsewhere for most resources).

Edit: Oh and I forgot to mention, the chisel problem has been sorted on Resonant Rise now. I probably won't be on my Arendelle map for a few days at least because I am having fun on another map. I got into Wicked recently and some of the magic mods at the same time (I'm usually more of a tech guy) so I am building a mage tower the Glinda way.

Last edited:
Reactions: MoosyDoosy

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
I'm considering it. I have already posted a couple of config changes to pastebin and they are linked in the OP so getting the pack right should be easy too. If there is to be a download (which is dependant on getting a good place to host it, probably dropbox) it won't be for at least a few weeks. I am also planning on stripping out all the machines and stuff if I release a download. Although some of those machines are pretty awesome if I do say so myself, they make my computer sad and fps can get pretty terrible in my machine room. Removing those machines goes a long way towards fixing that problem and it also means that you will be able to put your own mark on the base. I will leave a magnum torch in place though and maybe a couple of bits of extra loot hidden across the map like my enchanted thaumium armour. What do you think of hiding loot around or would you prefer I didn't do that? That last question is open to anyone who cares to respond (keep in mind that it will go someway to making up for the fact that I did a lot of manual mining in the area so you might want to go a long way elsewhere for most resources).

Edit: Oh and I forgot to mention, the chisel problem has been sorted on Resonant Rise now. I probably won't be on my Arendelle map for a few days at least because I am having fun on another map. I got into Wicked recently and some of the magic mods at the same time (I'm usually more of a tech guy) so I am building a mage tower the Glinda way.
Loot is fine, just make sure there are some things for you when you spawn. Oh, and poor Elphie, she's just misunderstood.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Loot is fine, just make sure there are some things for you when you spawn. Oh, and poor Elphie, she's just misunderstood.
I know, its just not fair. I just finished building a lovely pink house for Glinda but there is a bit of green throughout as a little nod to Elphaba. I need to get round to getting the Wicked books, I only have the musical soundtrack which my girlfriend bought years ago but Glinda is such a rock star that I became a bit addicted even though I was only listening to the songs.

Here is a little picture of the house if you are interested. The heart glass from extra utilities was the perfect bit of extra gratuitous pinkness to round the building off I think.

UqBS8r8.png

I'm going to have a bit of fun with this house and map and then I will get back to Arendelle.

What kind of spawn items are you thinking of? I was thinking of hiding the armour in various places around the map.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
I know, its just not fair. I just finished building a lovely pink house for Glinda but there is a bit of green throughout as a little nod to Elphaba. I need to get round to getting the Wicked books, I only have the musical soundtrack which my girlfriend bought years ago but Glinda is such a rock star that I became a bit addicted even though I was only listening to the songs.

Here is a little picture of the house if you are interested. The heart glass from extra utilities was the perfect bit of extra gratuitous pinkness to round the building off I think.

UqBS8r8.png

I'm going to have a bit of fun with this house and map and then I will get back to Arendelle.

What kind of spawn items are you thinking of? I was thinking of hiding the armour in various places around the map.
Just some dyed leather armor and unenchanted iron tools. TiC if you can manage it. Then hide better items around the map.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
I got Frozen yesterday which meant I was able to refresh my memory about what the castle looked like. It turned out I forgot at least 2 important structural details about the main castle. I think one of them will be very difficult to recreate faithfully given the progress I have already made and the difficult shape. I will give it a go though. The other one is simple enough and is in an area of the castle I haven't started yet but will soon and it is the site of one of my favourite parts of the film ("can I just say something crazy... I love crazy") so I look forward to getting that done.

I haven't added much to the castle in the last month or so. I have been quite busy and distracted and I couldn't find enough source material to supplement my memory when trying to decide how to build the castle. I have managed to get a couple of hours worth of work done on it today though and I can get my own screenshots of the castle from the film now so building time should be reduced considering I will be able to copy more effectively. I won't say its nearly finished, but the end is almost in sight I think. When I have had a chance to tidy up what I did today I will add some screenshots but I have other stuff to do now so I have to stop with the castle for the day, which is a shame because it is getting exciting again!

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Your Build looks amazing. Great eye for detail
Thank you very much, Carpenter's blocks help very much because you can overlay a pattern onto your blocks with the chisel. One of the detail areas I struggled with before carpenter's blocks were borders, but with the carpenter's chisel you can subtly change a texture to get some nice contrast. Works better with some colour schemes than others. Other modders are also being great in adding lovely new blocks and models that are a great help.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
An actual real life update!

I think I have finished the exterior of the castle. I won't say absolutely that I am happy with the whole thing but I think its pretty decent. Any changes will just be tweaks. However, the interior is not anywhere close to done although I have loosely planned the room layout. One of the problems is windows. Except for the feature windows, it can be tricky (as anyone who plays the sims might know) to make windows look good both on the inside and outside. So windows are heavily subject to change. Before I get to the pictures, I should also say that I made the decision to not include one of the main towers that feature in the film version of the castle. I don't really have enough space to include it, and even if I shoehorn it in on another corner of the castle, I think it will look ugly and cramped, so I omitted it.

Anyway, for your viewing pleasure, this reasonably decent minecraft facsimile of Arendelle castle.

Grand perspective (with Elsa's snowflake atop the castle)

FMHkZUZ.png

EGHF3AN.png

RAaEnMc.png

MyIsSDq.png

PJlRcg5.png

You can see the whole castle here. The lit up area under the sea in the foreground is a part of my underground base. It is meant to be a control room with computer craft stuff all around but I haven't got that far yet. I thought it would be neat to have a glass roof.

IYLbaVm.png

Love is an open door

WlaJ0qf.png

eDu6x7K.png

You can see in the bottom right corner of the above image that there is one tower left unfinished. That was one of the very first areas I worked on and I keep forgetting about it. Will get round to it some day.

So my next step is going to be building up the interior. I don't have any furniture mods installed so the inside might not be very inspiring. I could add a furniture mod but I want to keep it on a "vanilla" version of RR. Speaking of which, the current version I am on is 2.7.2.7 main. The RR guys are currently working on pushing through a big update to the stable branch which comes with quite a few goodies, including a mod called Charlotte's Utilities which adds some really helpful tools for building in survival mode. Think wand of equal trade but better! I haven't had the opportunity to play it myself yet but I think it will be really helpful for people with my playstyle, and many other people as well. Another mod in the update is the new version of computercraft. Not all the other mods in the pack support the new computercraft yet so I may or may not update this world. That one goes in the "We'll see" pile. Just thought I would mention it though.

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
That...was...amazing...I really can't wait for a potential world download. Also, remember to make regular backup copies of the world so as not to lose anything! (Yes, I care that much. :p )
On another note, Frozen beat The Lion King for the most bought copies of the movie in the whole world. Over 1 billion copies or so to my knowledge.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
ok, I quit... I'm only making 9x9's now, there's no way that I could ever build something like that...

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
ok, I quit... I'm only making 9x9's now, there's no way that I could ever build something like that...
That...was...amazing...I really can't wait for a potential world download. Also, remember to make regular backup copies of the world so as not to lose anything! (Yes, I care that much. :p )
On another note, Frozen beat The Lion King for the most bought copies of the movie in the whole world. Over 1 billion copies or so to my knowledge.
You're both very kind. Specifically to Yusonoha, just spam carpenter's blocks in creative mode and you will be well on your way to building something like this. To Moosydoosy, I have literally just made a new backup. The Atlauncher makes this very easy. Also, I'm not surprised about Frozen's success. I got it last week and I have already watched it again a couple of times and I might even watch it later today if I get the chance! It was a great inspiration for this build.

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
While I have been forced by my daughters to watch Frozen about 100 times more than any man ever should...I must say, this is an awesome build!

Reactions: casilleroatr

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
While I have been forced by my daughters to watch Frozen about 100 times more than any man ever should...I must say, this is an awesome build!
Don't be silly, there are no limits to the amount of times one should watch Frozen, I think that you really just need to let it go ;) (hooray for cheap let it go jokes). Glad you like the build thank you for the comment.

Reactions: Lord Fennyous

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
A small update.

I have been focusing on the interior over the last couple of days and I have made a couple of tweaks to the exterior too.

1zYmhq4.png

My favourite bit of the film is when Anna (my favourite character) jumps onto the scaffolding and pulls herself up so she can get a good look at the boats coming into the harbour while singing first time in forever. I felt it was a travesty that I had not replicated that in the build so far so here is my attempt. I used rope from growthcraft to make it feel more like a real pulley.

I also made a start on some of the rooms. I will probably leave them pretty empty due to lack of varied furniture options. I am looking into changing the colour schemes of some of the rooms up a bit as soon as I settle on a colour scheme that I feel happy with.

NfL8s9h.png

dHlkMss.png

RHSENKT.png

I watched the film again and was able to refresh my memory about the play scene at the beginning where Elsa turns the throne room into a bit of a winter wonderland and she and Anna play together. So I moved the snow out of the room where the pink carpet is now and built the throne room next door. The thrones are made out of microblocks.

TEuwkY0.png

I also redid some of the stuff in the staircase room and finished the rest of it.

50AJR0L.png

Yeah I like the love heart glass from extra utilities, so what :p.

It is still WIP but finishing it off should not take long now. Every part of the castle is accessible without a flight mechanic (although I needed to use elevators once in the main castle) and the room layout is finalised.