Applied Energistics -- Advanced Tactics

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
So applied energistics has been out a while now. I am sure we have all done an implementation or two.

What tricks have you come up with?

My first trick is on farmables // infinite stream items. I format them to a basic storage disk and then also set that item on a storage bus connected to an incinerator. In 1.5 give the bus a priority below the pre-formatted disk if you have no items in the system. Once it is running it causes the item to fill up it's pre-formatted disks first and then the rest are incinerated instead of filling up unformatted disks. Ideally later in a world you could setup an emitter to shutoff the source of the item, but early game incinerator is a nice safety valve.

One of AE's weaknesses is getting it to do parallel processing. In 1.5 I have gone to a what i think is a nice extendable solution using interface input into an enderchest -> lots of output ender chests -> hopper -> machine.

I then scale up the recipe to at least the number of machines. The hoppers pull in the items to the machines and they all do work in parallel.

The command center, everything is handed off to enderchests or tesseracts. Very little ME cabling used.
NQTFvjQ.png

Tesseracts all go to MFR planters/breeders.

Backside:
C7qaiS2.jpg

Output side:
9BvJ96r.jpg

Machines:
iffcqEL.jpg

Bio generators work in 1.5. 16 MJ/t each
yZjRKEV.png

Interface on furnace enderchest:
fMtgFR9.png

Interface on pulverizer enderchest:
3f5btBv.png

Export of adventuring items:
MeuRmFS.png

Adventure pouch:
LFNUuTb.png

Incinerator overflow valve:
NboxToR.png

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I do the same thing with routers instead of enderchests, makes for a smaller footprint. I've converted almost entirely to item tesseracts wherever I've used enderchests before. The last holdout is my emergency stash accessed via enderpouch. Fortunately I don't have to leave the enderchests placed for that to work.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
So applied energistics has been out a while now. I am sure we have all done an implementation or two.

What tricks have you come up with?

My first trick is on farmables // infinite stream items. I format them to a basic storage disk and then also set that item on a storage bus connected to an incinerator. In 1.5 give the bus a priority below the pre-formatted disk if you have no items in the system. Once it is running it causes the item to fill up it's pre-formatted disks first and then the rest are incinerated instead of filling up unformatted disks. Ideally later in a world you could setup an emitter to shutoff the source of the item, but early game incinerator is a nice safety valve.

One of AE's weaknesses is getting it to do parallel processing. In 1.5 I have gone to a what i think is a nice extendable solution using interface input into an enderchest -> lots of output ender chests -> hopper -> machine.

I then scale up the recipe to at least the number of machines. The hoppers pull in the items to the machines and they all do work in parallel.

The command center, everything is handed off to enderchests or tesseracts. Very little ME cabling used.
NQTFvjQ.png

Tesseracts all go to MFR planters/breeders.

Backside:
C7qaiS2.jpg

Output side:
9BvJ96r.jpg

Machines:
iffcqEL.jpg

Bio generators work in 1.5. 16 MJ/t each
yZjRKEV.png

Interface on furnace enderchest:
fMtgFR9.png

Interface on pulverizer enderchest:
3f5btBv.png

Export of adventuring items:
MeuRmFS.png

Adventure pouch:
LFNUuTb.png

Incinerator overflow valve:
NboxToR.png

I hadn't solve this problem as elegantly as you did: I was using the naive solution of using a level emitter to an incinerator per object. Since we play on servers with underground biomes, it's really, really, REALLY important to have a good way to sink all those stone types before the utterly overwhelm your storage.

Thanks for that idea. Gonna steal it. :)