Anybody else think Advanced Machines should be in unstable?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

trajano080

Jul 29, 2019
Advanced Machines is one of the few mods that are updated to 1.7.2 and it's not in unstable, which imo it should be. Anyone else think it should?

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
Give it time. I would expect this pack to be added to quite regularly. Although I haven't seen advanced machines since 1.5.x packs now that I think about it. Wonder why? I always liked it and advanced solars.

BreezyTaco

Jul 29, 2019
I have a thread where I talked about this same thing, I agree it should be and people in my thread seem to think it should be also

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
people seem to forget that Unstable is a test pack, and not really an official pack.
it's just a pack to try out a 1.7 pack and see how the mods work together, it's not really a pack that's meant like Monster or Horizons
they can add any mod that's updated for 1.7 but that's not the goal of this pack.

at most this pack can be considered a minimal modpack, allowing the user to add their own choice of mods to this pack

trajano080

Jul 29, 2019
people seem to forget that Unstable is a test pack, and not really an official pack.
it's just a pack to try out a 1.7 pack and see how the mods work together, it's not really a pack that's meant like Monster or Horizons
they can add any mod that's updated for 1.7 but that's not the goal of this pack.

at most this pack can be considered a minimal modpack, allowing the user to add their own choice of mods to this pack
Exactly, they could add Advanced Machines for testing it.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I'm sure that more mods will be added after they are tested.

Pahimar, on episode 1 of his new "Forgecraft 1" series (the same server Direwolf20's server series is on) mentioned that he just reset "Forgecraft 2" with MC1.7.x which will be used to test new mods and updates by the devs that hang around with DW.

This could be another potential FtB pack, I suppose.

Last edited:

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Unstable is an FTB pack we have put together primarily for helping work out bugs in forge. We will be adding more mods as time goes by, but it's just a community testing pack put out by us to help the move to 1.7.

Or something along those lines anyway.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I do not think thaumcraft and ars magica are tech mods :p
Thaumcraft is sorta a tech mod. It was obviously one with TC1, as everything was a machine that needed "Vis" for energy. TC2 was a refinement that added Taint, and both were piped around like crazy. TC3 was less tech related then TC1 or TC2, but was still mainly machine based, but did have wands, but everything was based around Nodes that were a pain to refill unless you could find the "Alpha" node and place enough crystal charger thingies near it. TC4 is less annoying, but with the addition of essentia tubing and things being powered by certain aspects, its still very much a tech mod, but its still very much magical.

AM2 has limited tech, mainly a way to cook stuff using it's power, convert items into certain items used mainly in crafting spells and items, and repair stuff. Almost everything else is Magic(snort snort).

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft is sorta a tech mod. It was obviously one with TC1, as everything was a machine that needed "Vis" for energy. TC2 was a refinement that added Taint, and both were piped around like crazy. TC3 was less tech related then TC1 or TC2, but was still mainly machine based, but did have wands, but everything was based around Nodes that were a pain to refill unless you could find the "Alpha" node and place enough crystal charger thingies near it. TC4 is less annoying, but with the addition of essentia tubing and things being powered by certain aspects, its still very much a tech mod, but its still very much magical.

AM2 has limited tech, mainly a way to cook stuff using it's power, convert items into certain items used mainly in crafting spells and items, and repair stuff. Almost everything else is Magic(snort snort).
So vis and taint, magical liquids that do stuff and can be transported through pipes because they are fluid, are tech? o_O

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
So vis and taint, magical liquids that do stuff and can be transported through pipes because they are fluid, are tech? o_O
No, the heavy amounts of machines make it a tech heavy mod. How you power it all is irrelevant if all you're doing is sending that power to a machine to cook items, craft items, fix items, automine items, and so forth. I find it silly to call it Magic if the only difference is the power supply.