Any way to make IC2 ingots not be the default?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using a smeltery setup from tinkers and I'm receiving IC2 ingots and some others are thermal.. Is there a way to get it to only give thermal?

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Pump the ingots through a unifier.
If on 1.6.4 change ID of the IC2 ingots to 0 in the config. This will delete any in your world.
Delete IC2.

Can't think of any others, I've no idea how the ore dictionary decides which ingot is going to come out.

Reactions: wolfsilver00

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
Pump the ingots through a unifier.
If on 1.6.4 change ID of the IC2 ingots to 0 in the config. This will delete any in your world.
Delete IC2.

Can't think of any others, I've no idea how the ore dictionary decides which ingot is going to come out.

Thanks man, I guess I'll just delete IC2

Reactions: RedBoss

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
JABBA Barrels are great for this, they autoconvert ingots. Generally things that work this way take whatever is registered first in the oredict. This happens to be IC2 for copper and tin.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I use an MFR Unifier. Could also use a Filter on your EnderIO Item Conduits feeding the smeltery (or whatever conduit you use). Also, LOL at Yellorium Ore smelting in Infinity modpack. One day it gives me Yellowium Ingots, and the next day it decides to give me Uranium Ingots (from Advanced Solar Panels mod). The day after that, who knows - take a guess! I play on someone else's server and people tell me this is due to mods loading in a different order after every server reboot. I dunno, it's just very weird behavior. Kinda silly to have one recipe making two different things... the whole "ore dictionary" thing is a clunky thing anyways.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
To my mind it'd make more sense for one of NEI, CofH or AOBD to do it automatically as you can kinda sorta do with oregen.

If two items are oredicted, realistically only one needs to be available.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
King Lemming, you probably wont appreciate me using Gregtech as an example but, well, it's the only mod I know which does this, albeit I'm not a developer so not sure how it's done or the ramifications of doing so.

When you have GT installed and you get some (for example) tin from say TE after you've held the tin it automatically changes into GT tin. You don't need a device or anything it just does it automatically, since you mentioned using a device isn't it feasible to just make it change?

I don't think we care which mod it goes under so long as we don't end up with 10 stacks of say copper from 10 diff mods.

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
King Lemming, you probably wont appreciate me using Gregtech as an example but, well, it's the only mod I know which does this, albeit I'm not a developer so not sure how it's done or the ramifications of doing so.

When you have GT installed and you get some (for example) tin from say TE after you've held the tin it automatically changes into GT tin. You don't need a device or anything it just does it automatically, since you mentioned using a device isn't it feasible to just make it change?

I don't think we care which mod it goes under so long as we don't end up with 10 stacks of say copper from 10 diff mods.

It's very feasible to have it automatically change, so long as it's in the player's inventory.

However, the way I do it with the Lexicon has tremendous advantages:

1) It allows the player to choose *their* preferred ingot/nugget/ore/whatever for *every* oreName in the game.
2) It allows the server owner to whitelist/blacklist things so that an auto-conversion isn't broken.
3) There is no tick handler constantly running in the background scanning the inventory - GT's method eats CPU and tick rate.

Additionally, the Lexicon will allow you to convert things even after you've picked them up. Not every recipe uses the Ore Dictionary properly, and some mods (GregTech in particular) make some tremendously stupid assumptions about what is in the OreDictionary. In those cases, you may need on-demand conversion as well.

Reactions: RedBoss

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019

This is absolutely one of those little things about GregTech that I LOVE. I wish all ores unified themselves automatically like this, since asking for all mods to use the SAME ores is obviously far too much to ask of them. Of course we need IC2 copper and Tinker's Construct copper and Thermal Expansion copper... sigh /sarcasm

Get on that Lexicon ASAP, King Lemming. Thumbs up!

Last edited:

yotus

Jul 29, 2019
Also, LOL at Yellorium Ore smelting in Infinity modpack. One day it gives me Yellowium Ingots, and the next day it decides to give me Uranium Ingots (from Advanced Solar Panels mod). The day after that, who knows - take a guess!

I'm also experiencing the exact same behaviour !
I read that JABBA barrels should be able to store any items that are ore dictionaried, so for example Yellorium Ingots and Uranium Ingots from Advanced Solar Panels.
Question is: if my barrel originally stores Yellorium Ingots, are the Uranium Ingots converted ? It doesn't seem so, because they still show up as Uranium Ingots in my AE System...

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I'm also experiencing the exact same behaviour !
I read that JABBA barrels should be able to store any items that are ore dictionaried, so for example Yellorium Ingots and Uranium Ingots from Advanced Solar Panels.
Question is: if my barrel originally stores Yellorium Ingots, are the Uranium Ingots converted ? It doesn't seem so, because they still show up as Uranium Ingots in my AE System...

As I understand it, they do convert. Do you have a storage bus on your barrel? I haven't ever done that to check its' behaviour with conversion.

You may actually have schrodinger's uranium until you physically remove it from the barrel and AE is just technomagical enough to observe it without collapsing the waveform :)

yotus

Jul 29, 2019
As I understand it, they do convert. Do you have a storage bus on your barrel? I haven't ever done that to check its' behaviour with conversion.

You may actually have schrodinger's uranium until you physically remove it from the barrel and AE is just technomagical enough to observe it without collapsing the waveform :)

I do indeed have a storage bus on my barrel. It's probably the schrödinger's uranium then :) (love the reference btw)