Announcing FTB Infinity Evolved, FTB Tweaks, and FTB Utilities.

Gaz_

FTB App
Team Member
Web Developer
Global Moderator
Feb 4, 2013
The downloads on the Curse Client should be fixed now, if you are still having issues give it a few minutes to sync. If you still encounter issues please report them.

mvpgman1425

Jul 29, 2019
Does the /admin reload reset the entire config for the modpack or just server configs. I tried to use the command, but it doesn't seem to make any changes.

Flying Shoe ILR

Jul 29, 2019
I updated to Infinity Evolved and started a new single-player world. Everything has been fine, but I cannot enter expert mode. Even though I am the world creator and only one there, I do not have permission to use the "ftb_mode set expert" command.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
I updated to Infinity Evolved and started a new single-player world. Everything has been fine, but I cannot enter expert mode. Even though I am the world creator and only one there, I do not have permission to use the "ftb_mode set expert" command.
Try opening your game to LAN and enabling cheats. We're working on it.

Reactions: Flying Shoe ILR

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Is there anything in the expert config that relies on BOP? I dislike the BOP generation and it screws with the default generation as well (mushroom biomes everywhere). I only get normal generation if I disable BOP.

GeoooKL

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys, got a question, don't really want to play the FTB EVOLVED, just the normal standard one like its always been, but the new mods that where installed are called FTBTWEAKS and FTBUtilities and when I open my invent there's like buttons on the left hand side, mostly server and multi player tools, and the new map as well, pops up wilderness etc when walking about, I had to disable them from FTB client, as don't know if it can be done VIA ingame will I be missing out on any features, that will benefit me to single player? or is it mainly just servers. as I just want to play the standard ftb infinity

Madriker

Jul 29, 2019
This actually looks like a pretty damn fun modpack to play and advance into. And, in addition to delaying endgame, it also makes content more interesting. I have only one qualm about it: why is AE2 Stuff not in there? Personally, I consider it pretty much a necessary addition to AE2 (yes, even more so than Extra Cells). If there's no specific reason against it, would you consider adding it to the pack? I'll be playing on a server which does not deviate from the standard setup of all modpacks it uses, so adding it myself isn't an option.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
We set up a server and it's had a huge number of interested players popping in, both new people and existing players. And I'm about 8 hours into it. Really enjoying it.

But the sound of those ponies as we herded them into the smelter to make glue will haunt me forever. :)

Reactions: Lethosos

spartanobe

Jul 29, 2019
you seem to have failed badly in the no excessive grind category. I would suggest rethinking the order you play the mods in.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Hi guys, got a question, don't really want to play the FTB EVOLVED, just the normal standard one like its always been, but the new mods that where installed are called FTBTWEAKS and FTBUtilities and when I open my invent there's like buttons on the left hand side, mostly server and multi player tools, and the new map as well, pops up wilderness etc when walking about, I had to disable them from FTB client, as don't know if it can be done VIA ingame will I be missing out on any features, that will benefit me to single player? or is it mainly just servers. as I just want to play the standard ftb infinity
FTB Infinity Expert Mode is only enabled when you run a command. You can leave FTB Tweaks and FTB Utilities enabled all you want - the buttons on the side will not affect you. As long as you don't run the command, Infinity will stay just the same as the Infinity you're used to playing.

Kelaren

Jul 29, 2019
Where are the configs located for FTB Utilities? I looked all over the config folder and can't seem to locate anything that would indicate they are for it.

GeoooKL

Jul 29, 2019
FTB Infinity Expert Mode is only enabled when you run a command. You can leave FTB Tweaks and FTB Utilities enabled all you want - the buttons on the side will not affect you. As long as you don't run the command, Infinity will stay just the same as the Infinity you're used to playing.

an other question I noticed there is a world type when you select your world type for BOP but I went with default. I am guessing this means BOP stuff still generates... also the vanilia ones... too.. so choosing default doesn't really matter right?

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Where are the configs located for FTB Utilities? I looked all over the config folder and can't seem to locate anything that would indicate they are for it.
minecraft/local/ftbu

Honestly no idea why.

Is there a place where we can find the changelogs for Infinity?
Here, click on the version you want.

an other question I noticed there is a world type when you select your world type for BOP but I went with default. I am guessing this means BOP stuff still generates... also the vanilia ones... too.. so choosing default doesn't really matter right?
BoP biomes don't generate if you select the default world type.