ANIME AVATARS!

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
I hear Death Note kind of stagnates or gets worse or something as it goes on, hence I've somewhat avoided it.
Yeah it kinda slows down after a certain major event happens that I can't say as it's a massive spoiler but if you know death note then you probably know exactly what I'm talking about. But still it continues to be good even after that. The climax is just incredible oh my god.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Also had a bit of that Japanese style oataku incest that keeps me away from The Irregular at Magic Academy. Even though I think SOA did the whole "not blood related so it's OK" thing.
Yeah, they were actually cousins. Which may be less of a taboo over there than it is in western countries, I dunno.
On an unrelated note what's the deal with Fairy Tail? I seem to hear good things but I found the first episode to be rather rubbish. It hardly set up it's characters and seemed to be rushed.
All I remember was two guys fighting then some badass king wizard mo fo vaporizes a little talking cat thing for wearing a cape, only to be killed by who I assume is the protagonist. It all happened so fast I couldn't care about what was happening to watch the next episode. Was it his pet? Friend?
First off, you're judging the book by its cover a bit. Fairy tail is great, though I take issue with the whole never ending parade of conflicts style of show to keep it going basically forever. I prefer stories to have a definite ending to it.

But yeah, watch through the first arc. I mean you haven't even gotten to fairy tail yet. The first episode is nothing like the rest. It's just an introduction. You've only seen half of the main group so far. Just keep watching. It's good.

Reactions: pc_assassin

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, they were actually cousins. Which may be less of a taboo over there than it is in western countries, I dunno.
More like we're more interested in a wider genetic sampling in our partners, which was further reinforced by Christian influences throughout the country's growth. That being said there's a study that showed that there's no decrease in genetic diversity between second cousins.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
More like we're more interested in a wider genetic sampling in our partners, which was further reinforced by Christian influences throughout the country's growth. That being said there's a study that showed that there's no decrease in genetic diversity between second cousins.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2
Yes. SECOND cousins.

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
shhhhhhhhh

The first small arc isn't very good, but trust me it picks up. Instead of having that initial kick to the face of drama that SAO and the others have LH has to build it up, but the payout is tremendous.

And really the stakes aren't the meat of the show, it's MMO politics

Less action swing a sword at thing yay and more badass strategy
ANIME! ANIME! ANIME! ANIME!

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019

First off, you're judging the book by its cover a bit. Fairy tail is great, though I take issue with the whole never ending parade of conflicts style of show to keep it going basically forever. I prefer stories to have a definite ending to it.

But yeah, watch through the first arc. I mean you haven't even gotten to fairy tail yet. The first episode is nothing like the rest. It's just an introduction. You've only seen half of the main group so far. Just keep watching. It's good.

While I guess my judgment of fairy tail is somewhat rash it's not exactly judgeing a book by it's cover. More or less it's judgeing a book by its first chapter or paragraph. It's a level above judgeing the cover.

To be frank Ep 1 of Fairy Tail didn't show me any of the main characters. I didn't even catch their names really. Who are they? What motivates them? I mean they don't need a full biography but the basic gist of who they are and why we should continue to watch and follow their story wouldn't go amiss. Eithet that or they did do all that anf I just found them all too shallow to get interested.

It's like the writers think the audiences attention spans are too small for a little (and I mean a little) exposition. So it just belted ahead figuring they'll pick up the plot or give it more of a chance.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
The first thing I was told when I was encouraged to watch Fairy Tail was that the first few episodes weren't as good as the latter ones, which happens to be the case. Just have a bit of patience.

Bigdbigd03

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, let's become an anime gurlllll

Sent from an iPod 65, illegally talked about because of partnership. iPod 65 teleports through years like Back to the Past (Sequel to Back to the Future except in 2096).

Bigdbigd03

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm?

Sent from an iPod 65, illegally talked about because of partnership. iPod 65 teleports through years like Back to the Past (Sequel to Back to the Future except in 2096).

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
I tend to gravitate more towards some of the darker shows. Tokyo Ghoul was amazing, although it went downhill in season 2 when they cut some of the most iconic scenes (semi-understandable, but TG is definitely never going to be family-friendly).

I started watching Darker Than Black, but I couldn't help but feel that it wasn't really going anywhere after 20-odd episodes.

Hellsing Ultimate is visually striking - because it's an OVA the animation quality is a step up, and again it does a beautiful job of blurring the line between man and monster.

Cowboy Bebop was something I watched a while back, it shows its age but still has its own very distinctive style. If any of you watched and enjoyed Firefly you'll probably like Cowboy Bebop.

Also, not technically an anime, but RWBY has some fantastic action scenes. The background ghost people in season 1 are annoying, but after that it really picks up.

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
I tend to gravitate more towards some of the darker shows. Tokyo Ghoul was amazing, although it went downhill in season 2 when they cut some of the most iconic scenes (semi-understandable, but TG is definitely never going to be family-friendly).

I started watching Darker Than Black, but I couldn't help but feel that it wasn't really going anywhere after 20-odd episodes.

Hellsing Ultimate is visually striking - because it's an OVA the animation quality is a step up, and again it does a beautiful job of blurring the line between man and monster.

Cowboy Bebop was something I watched a while back, it shows its age but still has its own very distinctive style. If any of you watched and enjoyed Firefly you'll probably like Cowboy Bebop.

Also, not technically an anime, but RWBY has some fantastic action scenes. The background ghost people in season 1 are annoying, but after that it really picks up.
It's an anime inspired series, RWBY is basically anime.

Bigdbigd03

Jul 29, 2019
I was asking a pronunciation. Plus lol

Bigdbigd03

Jul 29, 2019
Rjs, who is your avatar, and tief

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Rjs, who is your avatar, and tief

Love the new avatar man

Sent from my LGLS751 using Tapatalk