ANIME AVATARS!

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Qazplm601, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Strikingwolf

Strikingwolf New Member

I started with Spice and Wolf or SAO (I regret every second) I believe

2. the_j485

the_j485 King of the Wicked

I'd say that Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is the best anime to start, but not really. It got my expectations way too high XD

goreae and pc_assassin like this.
  3. frederikam

frederikam New Member

Sounds like you guys haven't watched Death Note or Re:Zero. Those two are probably my favourite animes. Kiznaiver is also pretty great.

goreae and pc_assassin like this.
  4. the_j485

I hear Death Note kind of stagnates or gets worse or something as it goes on, hence I've somewhat avoided it.

pc_assassin likes this.
  5. frederikam

frederikam New Member

I've never thought that myself but it's true that the first half of it is more intriguing. Intriguing would be the right word since it's kinda intriguing like a werewolf game :p

pc_assassin and fowltief like this.
  6. fowltief

fowltief New Member

I didn't feel any stagnation watching it. I still recommend it. My personal favorite is still code geass..very rare a show leaves me begging for more..

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

pc_assassin likes this.
  7. the_j485

Ooh yeah. Code Geass was amazing.

pc_assassin likes this.
  8. LivingAngryCheese

LivingAngryCheese Over-Achiever

Mate, you're about 13, feeling old isn't a bad thing yet

pc_assassin likes this.
  9. pc_assassin

pc_assassin New Member

I cant like that one... I really enjoyed SAO! I know it had flaws but in my opinion it was a good show. Course that kind of a story is right up my alley but still....

frederikam and LivingAngryCheese like this.
  10. NinjaEnergy

NinjaEnergy New Member

Hey, first part of SAO was good, at least for a newcomer. That second arc tho...

But yeah. nowadays i would reccomend for sure DanMachi or KonoSuba over SAO for that kind of show

pc_assassin and frederikam like this.
  11. frederikam

frederikam New Member

I had the same experience. SAO was what really got me hooked on anime. But all throughout the second arc I wish they had continued the story of the first arc.

12. NinjaEnergy

NinjaEnergy New Member

They rushed it HORRIBLY. Seriously, u have a 100 floors dungeon and just skip through them? So much potential wasted

frederikam and pc_assassin like this.
  13. Strikingwolf

Strikingwolf New Member

Two words: Log Horizon

the_j485 and pc_assassin like this.
  14. pc_assassin

pc_assassin New Member

I have heard of it but never after telling of my love of SAO I might have to check it out now

Sent from my LGLS751 using Tapatalk

LivingAngryCheese likes this.
  15. frederikam

frederikam New Member

Log Horizon has been on my "watch later" list for a while. Probably about time I check it out.

pc_assassin likes this.
  16. Azzanine

Azzanine New Member

SOA lowered it's stakes considerably making the levels of drama feel off. Started in a medieval fantacy game where you could actually die. To one about fairies that has respawns.
    Also had a bit of that Japanese style oataku incest that keeps me away from The Irregular at Magic Academy. Even though I think SOA did the whole "not blood related so it's OK" thing.

Log Horizon however doesn't seem to have as high a stake. It does the whole "Stuck in a game" trope much better, in SOA it's set up in such a way that they may as well just made it a full in fantasy story.

On an unrelated note what's the deal with Fairy Tail? I seem to hear good things but I found the first episode to be rather rubbish. It hardly set up it's characters and seemed to be rushed.
    All I remember was two guys fighting then some badass king wizard mo fo vaporizes a little talking cat thing for wearing a cape, only to be killed by who I assume is the protagonist. It all happened so fast I couldn't care about what was happening to watch the next episode. Was it his pet? Friend?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

pc_assassin likes this.
  17. fowltief

fowltief New Member

The incest did irk me Alittle in the irregular ( I don't think it was 100% related) but I enjoyed it up til the end which seemed rushed. I felt like they could of gone much further introducing the family and conflicts. Fairy tail and one price lost me. I'll stick to naruto.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

pc_assassin likes this.
  18. pc_assassin

pc_assassin New Member

I enjoyed fairy tail.. The first episode did feel kinda disjointed yes but character development never really stops especially for natsu, his back story develops through the series. Only thing I didn't like about fairy tail is the random filler episodes

LivingAngryCheese likes this.
  19. pc_assassin

pc_assassin New Member

Also I would recommend psycho pass to anyone that hasn't seen it

Loufmier and LivingAngryCheese like this.
  20. LivingAngryCheese

LivingAngryCheese Over-Achiever

Wait, @Strikingwolf didn't you used to have some rule that you had to have an anime avatar forever?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

pc_assassin likes this.