Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 33
Reactions: pc_assassin

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Ahh no thanks. My philosophy on artwork is that somebody else drew that, and therefore belongs to them. My Espeon is a standard image (with the glow edits ofcourse) so she feels more mine :)
Then you probably don't like how I got my avatar as that are just two overlapping images :p

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Is the code lyoko symbol yea? that's all I thought it was :p
Congrats for guessing the source of the background and one of the logo's correctly. Now, guess the source of the second image.

When I made it I really should have made a list of who saw what logo first :p

NinjaEnergy

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh no thanks. My philosophy on artwork is that somebody else drew that, and therefore belongs to them. My Espeon is a standard image (with the glow edits ofcourse) so she feels more mine :)

Quite true, but i feel that using the images feel like spreading the original author work, as long as u dont try to steal their work as if it was yours. Some kind of praising if you ask me.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Congrats for guessing the source of the background and one of the logo's correctly. Now, guess the source of the second image.

When I made it I really should have made a list of who saw what logo first :p
Well to be fair the phyrexia logo is hard to notice on that overlay.
That's true of like every work of art. There are pictures that are specifically made to be used as avatars by others, and most artists don't care if you use their art as an avatar or not as long as you don't claim the picture as your own. Heck they'd probably be flattered. Heck one of my first avatars was drawn from an artist called mmishee. All that really matters is that it's an expression of yourself, not that the art was made by you or for you. This is something mmishee made:

This is art. You will hear a buzzer. When you hear the buzzer, stare at the art.
when_we_were_young___pokemon_by_mmishee-d5drcgt.jpg
You should now feel mentally reinvigorated. If you suspect staring at art has not provided the required intellectual sustenance, reflect briefly on this classical music.

And I just now got that I'm currently using an avatar avatar. I should get a korra avatar so I have an avatar of the avatar from avatar.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
When I'm going to change my avatar, it's going to be Ed Elric and Winry from FMA: Brotherhood.
Your avatar is great.

So story time: Aguy at school saw me on /a/ and asked to look through my phone. Gave it to him, he tried lookig through my history. He tried really hard, and this thread was the worst he could find, his argument was "anime dude, really?" At which point I called him an idiot because he saw me on /a/, PLUS everyone in the class knows I watch anime (the reason is for another story).

Also, finished Panty and Stocking as well as Highschool of the Dead recently. I'm about to start working through my list.

NinjaEnergy

Jul 29, 2019
Your avatar is great.

So story time: Aguy at school saw me on /a/ and asked to look through my phone. Gave it to him, he tried lookig through my history. He tried really hard, and this thread was the worst he could find, his argument was "anime dude, really?" At which point I called him an idiot because he saw me on /a/, PLUS everyone in the class knows I watch anime (the reason is for another story).

Also, finished Panty and Stocking as well as Highschool of the Dead recently. I'm about to start working through my list.

Love it when people call you out for watching anime. I follow a very simple method afterwards:
-If guy -> ask him about the later football/basket/whatever match and measure the reaction. If enthusiastic enough, start mauling on him using easily obtainable data about how much of a prick those "profesionals" can be until they get "offended" from you insulting their hobby. Look at them with sarcastic eyes until the realize and flee away.

-If girl -> same method, but using something else like X handsome guy, or high-sphere clothe designers. My favorites are those wonderful 800$ shoes that cost like 5 bucks to be made.

Aside from that, watching Seitokai Yakuindomo myself. Light, pervert and decently funny, having a good time for now.