Am I the only one who likes the gregtech recipes?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Confidential1207

Jul 29, 2019
I enjoy the gregtech recipes. I find it fun and a new experience when I play minecraft. Now I don't get bored of ic2 stuff after getting quantum armor and electric tools. I now have to manage my resources now instead of going straight to a mass fabricator. Now I have to think what I want to spend my diamonds/iridium/gold/ect. for my next project. The recipe nerfs add to this "management" part of the game. How should I use my copper and tin? An ic2 wrench or save it for Forestry stuff?

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Pleqse list changes to other mods that GregTech makes that isn't controlled by the config.

Also, people have bitched about changes to vanilla costs made by railcraft, they're just old changes and most have moved on with their lives.

Time of the centrifuge maybe?

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Man I need to install a popcorn machine around here. Seems everytime Greg is brought up in a thread no mater how tangent to the topic it turns into a Anti GT vs Pro GT thread with a dash of Greg is evil on the side.

I think there is a reason for that, is not just "because"

cab435

Jul 29, 2019
I love the machines and how hard it is to make them. Hell I want it to be harder more so with the endless power of wind water mills and solar. they should need some sort of repair over time but they don.t seems ... cheap.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Man I need to install a popcorn machine around here. Seems everytime Greg is brought up in a thread no mater how tangent to the topic it turns into a Anti GT vs Pro GT thread with a dash of Greg is evil on the side.
Just started a sweetcorn farm, Popcorn all round!

raiju

Jul 29, 2019
If I was RichardG I would hate more than just gregtech, whenever I watch direwolf20's SMP all I see is people picking on RichardG the entire time. Poor guy never gets a break, even dragging him around with gravity guns.

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
Just started a sweetcorn farm, Popcorn all round!

Somebody needs to make a popcorn machine, bright lights, popcorn bouncing on stairs, a 5 minute timer to suck it up before it despawns and then spit it out again.

Now what are we going to fill my big cup o dew with?

TehAnder

Jul 29, 2019
Well personally i play FTB (Tekkit before that) for the sake of making everything automatic, although i haven't really done everything THAT fancy :D And the first time i started playing FTB i saw those fancy IC recipes and was kinda dissapointed just because GregTech was new to me and i didnt know much about it. Later i did a small research and found out GT is a mod for mods that makes everything so much harder and rewarding thus more fun. So, started to fiddle around and i was about to say 'this mod is awesome!' until i came across those centrifuge thingies and steel production and THAT killed it all. I'm not going to wait 30+ minutes just to see what my centrifuge will make at the end and another 30 minutes just to get a decent supply of steel.. Although that's personal preffarence but i'm one of those players that like to play single player for fun after a hard day. We ain't got time for such things! I guess that's 50% of us.. Don't get me wrong GT is nice and all that but it's just not for me. I appologise for my grammar :p

bigtwisty

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not going to wait 30+ minutes just to see what my centrifuge will make at the end and another 30 minutes just to get a decent supply of steel..

Just a few quick tips.

You don't need to wait to see what the centrifuge will make. If you left click on the progress bar it will bring up all the recipes used by that machine in NEI.

Trains mod has a very powerful recipe for steel that is VERY quick.

---------------------------------------------------------
A reasonable facsimile of intelligence...

akamanu

Jul 29, 2019
Warning: all said in my post its based on my opinions plz take them as that so you don't get offended.

I love gregtech and the way it made the game harder. Now that being said can anyone point a place where I can read about the creator of ic2 telling Greg to stop modifying his mod (the its evil comment don't work ppl be realistic). Also I can't grasp the fact the half the ppl complaining on this thread are just here to add to the flame war and if they really hate it so much they shouldn't disregard the easy options of disabling the mod that get suggested.
I'm sure that the Greg-haters can't deny the fact that for a lot of ppl, Greg actually has made us use the complete arsenal the other mods have to offer and create long end game schedule for a longer game enjoyment.
Just my 2 cents.

/Manu

TehAnder

Jul 29, 2019
Just a few quick tips.

You don't need to wait to see what the centrifuge will make. If you left click on the progress bar it will bring up all the recipes used by that machine in NEI.

What i meant was it takes SO much time doing all that stuff i wont even bother.. Other than that this is a great mod[DOUBLEPOST=1358288045][/DOUBLEPOST]..Only if there was a config to change those time parametrs..

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
What i meant was it takes SO much time doing all that stuff i wont even bother.. Other than that this is a great mod[DOUBLEPOST=1358288045][/DOUBLEPOST]..Only if there was a config to change those time parametrs..

But a chunk loader and having somethign else to do kind of removes the need to stand there SO long. Just dump your stuff in and walk away. Come back later to collect your prizes.

Add some automation to that and you can just fill a chest with stuff to process and you can go built a castle or something.

Reactions: Poppycocks

CrafterOfMines57

Jul 29, 2019
What i meant was it takes SO much time doing all that stuff i wont even bother.. Other than that this is a great mod
The 40+ minutes to centrifuge things like Bauxite hasn't been in GregTech since like 1.4.2, try the Mindcrack pack where times are greatly reduced.