Am I the only one who likes the gregtech recipes?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
The 40+ minutes to centrifuge things like Bauxite hasn't been in GregTech since like 1.4.2, try the Mindcrack pack where times are greatly reduced.
Yeah, but now people get to complain that it requires 128EU/t
I don't mind GregTech...until you get to Advanced Solar Panels. GregTech not only makes solar panel building FAR more complicated than it should be...but, it also bottlenecks the game - to make Hybrid or above you MUST use UU Matter.

GregTech modifies the IC2 recipe for Solar Panel.
GregTech does NOT modify the recipe for Advanced, Hybrid, or Ultimate solar panels. Those panels are not IC2. There is a hard mode option in the AdvancedSolarPanel.cfg, and because MindCrack wanted hard mode, they got hard mode.

B:"Enable hard recipes"=true

It should be noted though that both in 1.4.2 and in the current version "Normal" mode,, the Hybrid panel requires "Sunnarium" which is what requires UUmatter. So complain to the mod author about requiring the fabricator, not GregTech.

http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=3291

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
The recipe is pretty ok for me. The hardest part of GT is to make a good energy system that can feed matter fabricator and some of his machines pretty well. (without nether lava, solar energy or rubber wood methane-> this has been nerfed). That's why he always try to introduce more ways to generate eu, from single use batteries, methane, all his generators, dragon egg siphons and to the most recent one, the magic converter box.

One Industrial Centrifuge takes a while to process, so why don't you make 8 of them and process 8 at the same time.

I even think that some of GT stuff are pretty OP, for example the lava, you can make tin, copper, gold, silver out of lava WTH; but after some thought, it will only be OP if you use nether lava or magma crucible.

Why you can't have project with GT? I did more projects with GT since I had to make lots of automations; i.e. zombie methane farm, endermen farm, blaze farm, gunpowder farm, skeleton farm for CaCO3 etc.. My next project is RP2 frame quarry in "the end", so I don't have to fly with electric jetpack/jetpack for height > 185 probably with RP2 batteries connected to ender chest that will be recharged in the overworld.

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, but it's still pretty OP, if used with nether lava, actually it's not really nerfed; he didn't change tin, copper and tungsten amount you get from lava; it's now 2 tin, 4 copper, 1 tp tungsten per 16 lava which is the same with previous one 8 tin, 16 copper, 1 tungsten dust per 64; I don't remember about the electrum.

raiju

Jul 29, 2019
anything which lets you carry things across dimensions is going to break key mechanics generally. Goes for both mystcraft and enderchests.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, but it's still pretty OP, if used with nether lava, actually it's not really nerfed; he didn't change tin, copper and tungsten amount you get from lava; it's now 2 tin, 4 copper, 1 tp tungsten per 16 lava which is the same with previous one 8 tin, 16 copper, 1 tungsten dust per 64; I don't remember about the electrum.

The electrum changed from 1.5 per 16 to 1 per 16. Change seems to be made more so that he could lower the amount processed (16 units of lava instead of 64) more than a nerf

The real nerf was to centrifuging rubber tree wood.

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019
The electrum changed from 1.5 per 16 to 1 per 16. Change seems to be made more so that he could lower the amount processed (16 units of lava instead of 64) more than a nerf

The real nerf was to centrifuging rubber tree wood.

I can't remember when he nerfed the centrifuge+rubber. Do you have any link?

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
I can't remember when he nerfed the centrifuge+rubber. Do you have any link?

The most recent downloadable mod from his thread in IC2 forums has 1 methane per 16 rubber wood. The one currently in Mindcrack FTB is 4 methane per 16 rubber wood.

raiju

Jul 29, 2019
Railcraft - Try to make the Bore Train with the Steel.

Nothing to do with gregtech. The railcraft blast furnace is still ingame and works, the industrial blast furnace is just an alternative option.

Before you say traincraft - you can use refined iron instead of steel for recipes, which is a fair alternative considering how easy to make the steel was in traincraft

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
Railcraft - Try to make the Bore Train with the Steel.

Do you mean steel bore head? I'm using the latest GT (2.76d) and I can make steel block with both GT and RC steel in compressor without any problem, and the other 8 steels requirement for the bore head is interchangeable between GT and RC. (crafting table).

I think he has fixed it so that now you can use most mod ingots to make storage block from the IC2 compressor.

GT author loves IC2 so much that he made it so you need IC2 compressor to make storage block, well this is the fact lol..