All of the tags you can get on this forum (and how to get them)?

DWLooney

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I was just wondering about the tag system on this forum.
It seems kind of unconventional, doesn't even have a more-posts-better-tags system that most forums have. (At least that I can see)
Some of the tags are self-explanatory (active member, etc), but I was wondering how to get tags like "well-known member"
I'm sure a lot of people are wondering the same thing. (apologies if someone already posted a topic like this, couldn't find any in the search)

cheers

Dafuq?

Jul 29, 2019
You can see the available trophies and what is needed to get them in the help section.

I'm not a big fan of this system though, as in my opinion it incites people to spam in order to climb the ranks. I would prefer a system that rewards likes only.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
For the love of god lets not have an IBL "in before lock" forums like so many others the ranking etc is more or less useless & if for some reason having a better forum tag means so much really I think you should seek some form of help for your forums addictions (open statement not just the OP), atm there are not many ppl that post just to raise there count, well its not noticeable so plz lets keep it that way.

TIA.

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
Well, it's quite useful for knowing the important people, such as wiki team and such.

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
The trophies themselves are just something to have. They do not influence your titles at all. Instead, it is the post count that manages the "standard" titles (New Member, Member, Active Member, etc). I recently posted my 100th message and am now an "Active Member". I agree with egor66 in that these titles are in fact really useless. I would instead not openly show the rules for any trophy (that way, it would be some sort of "Oh, thats nice - let's move on" surprise and literally nothing more) and remove the post-counting titles altogether.

I would bet this is already possible with the board as is, leaving only the "real" titles, for the Modders, Wikiwriters/translator, FTB-Team and so on. That way, nobody would care to have so-and-so many postings (in order to achieve some flashy title) and those that do indeed HAVE some special position in or around FTB are still recognizable. And it does still leave the option to decorate someone with a special title (e.g. FloraStar could be the Queenbee or something along those lines) - which would be titles you really earned for something valuable or recognizable you did .. not just for posting one liners for weeks. ;)

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
I agree with those that think post count based titles are superfluous, since those of us who do come here to at least read regularly soon recognize those who are regular and helpfull posters. having the mod's award special titles in special cases is fine, as long as they don't make it possible to "buy" a title.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Yep you dont need a huge post count to help as & where you can, we as a group tend to be helpful to each other, I too check FTB each or most days & if I have an answer or comment add to a topic if not read topics of interest & get on with my day, & yes there are a couple of members that seem to go out of there way to add a helpful comment or answer to any question posed, lets hope that never changes, one of the things with games of this type is that you can soon learn a lot & help people with less knowledge.

& dont forget the forum staff that keep it all running & keep the trolls under there respective bridges, hats off to you all for making this place a interesting & informative forum, if you want to know what the other side of the coin is take a look at D3/Cabal or many of the other forums, then come back & thank your lucky stars you dont have to endure that.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Rank is pretty simple.. aside from Global Mod and Moderator they don't mean much in the way of "rank" Web Developers develop the site, Mod Pack Team do the Mod pack etc etc etc... The rest are based on the trophy thing. Global Moderator and Moderators are the ones who can and will warn members and enforce the rules. Wiki Team members write the official wiki. Server Moderators are in charge of approving server posts. Trusted member is awarded by 3 members of the FTB Staff feeling they have shown they can keep a level head and be polite and helpful. Basically most of the titles are FTB Staff members of one type or another.