Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I tried to make some MFR "white clay" to make the MFR white stained glass to complete the MFR bragging rights quest. And it has the same recipe as ceramic (1 clay + 1 bonemeal) making the quest impossible to complete without OP intervention.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I tried to make some MFR "white clay" to make the MFR white stained glass to complete the MFR bragging rights quest. And it has the same recipe as ceramic (1 clay + 1 bonemeal) making the quest impossible to complete without OP intervention.
You may be able to add the dye to the glass directly
Else, have you tried dying more than one piece of clay? (I'd try a chest of clay with a dye in the middle of the grid)

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
a dupe bug should go to the mod dev/pack creator in a PM not for the public to see

try to recreate it and provide step by step instructions from a clean world (with cheat mode)
I thought it was well known at this point, plus it was already submitted to the AS bug thread. I don't have any idea how I would recreate it, though, nor do I want to.

Hito_

Jul 29, 2019
I forget how exactly but I was able teach my AE MAC to create it. Just fiddle with shift clicking the recipe out of NEI into the pattern encoder.

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
Shift click the recipe in NEI. I discovered that you can force a recipe result that way if one recipe has multiple possible results.

Hito_

Jul 29, 2019
So. . .If I'm missing this in an update or bug fix post please point me there. (I have looked and not found) Has it been confirmed for Laser Drills to get Nether Iridium with white Foci? I am on 2.1.4 and have been running my drill at full power with 6 white foci for a week (fully chunk loaded) and have not gotten a single iridium block.

pderuiter

Jul 29, 2019
So. . .If I'm missing this in an update or bug fix post please point me there. (I have looked and not found) Has it been confirmed for Laser Drills to get Nether Iridium with white Foci? I am on 2.1.4 and have been running my drill at full power with 6 white foci for a week (fully chunk loaded) and have not gotten a single iridium block.
you should get 2.1.6 i believe. it has been fixed recently, not sure which version

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
The spawn chance was increased in 2.1.5, is your problem:
  • NetherOres
    • Enabled Applied Energstics Grindstone Recipes
    • Enabled Standard Furnace Recipes
    • Increased Nether Iridium Ore Blocks per Group from 2 - 3
    • Enabled all ores to spawn even if a furnace/macerator recipe does not exist
I started seeing the ore show up shortly after I updated to that version.

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019

You can NOT get Iridium with the laser drill at this time in the mod pack or any version of it that I have tested from the official downloads via the launcher. I have tested about half of them.

In version 2.1.6 of the modpack I can verify that I have ran 720 laser drills with 2880 pre-chargers, 360 of them with full white focus. I ran this setup for 24 hours straight essentially simulating 2 years running with a single fully charged laser drill. I returned absolutely NO iriduim.

Your only option is to go to the nether and either manually mine for it or set up an ender quarry which has to be gained by quest reward as you need an iridium ore just to make one.. There is a quest reward of an ender quarry and one of the rewards bags has a chance of getting a single piece of iridium ore. Please note that the average spawn rate is 1 iridium ore per 6 full chunks. You will need to mine an average of 6 full chunks from top to bottom for each piece of iridium ore.

Ya ya, I know the book is technically lying to you by telling you that it is not necessary to go to the nether, but meh o_Oo_Oo_O The iridium quest is end game and the reward is essentially every item in the game so buck up pal and use that over powered gear you should have by then and get some..

Another note. You will either need to delete your nether or go to a new area to spawn new chunks for the iridium to spawn if you have already visited the nether in a version pre 2.1.5

Last edited:

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
<snip>

Another note. You will either need to delete your nether or go to a new area to spawn new chunks for the iridium to spawn if you have already visited the nether in a version pre 2.1.5
Upside, you'll know you're in new chunks when you see the new weird ores like Mythril and Osmium =)

jepstein30

Jul 29, 2019
what would everyone say are the best bees to breed for production? I was thinking of at least getting diamond, emerald, purple dye, certus quartz and redstone.. but what else is a useful product I should get from bees? I want to eventually get every bee going (at least for drones if not a useful product).. just need some direction for now.

also, what bee species have some of the more desirable traits I'm looking for? I got a ton of good ones off of robust bees but still looking for "fastest" among some others on the first page.

Homarid

Jul 29, 2019
I am having a lot of trouble switching my reactor to active cooling. I was trying to determine my mb/t of the reactor before I tried to build the turbine, but the values I am getting at the controller are impossibly low. The reactor is 9x9x4 and puts out 12k rf/t in passive mode. From what I have seen this should easily be able to output 2000 mb/t. The controller is telling me anywhere from 80-200 mb/t. I am currently on a creative mode of my original save trying to get this to work. I have 42 aqueous accumulators, since 5 wasn't cutting it at all, inputting to the me system, then an export to the reactor. The reactor temp seems to steady around 3500 which is more than 2000 degrees from when it was passive. This is the first time I have tried to use active cooling. Any help?

Lurgen

Jul 29, 2019
I am having a lot of trouble switching my reactor to active cooling. I was trying to determine my mb/t of the reactor before I tried to build the turbine, but the values I am getting at the controller are impossibly low. The reactor is 9x9x4 and puts out 12k rf/t in passive mode. From what I have seen this should easily be able to output 2000 mb/t. The controller is telling me anywhere from 80-200 mb/t. I am currently on a creative mode of my original save trying to get this to work. I have 42 aqueous accumulators, since 5 wasn't cutting it at all, inputting to the me system, then an export to the reactor. The reactor temp seems to steady around 3500 which is more than 2000 degrees from when it was passive. This is the first time I have tried to use active cooling. Any help?
I found active reactors to be a bit of a waste of time. The water consumption rate was so high I needed multiple ME fluid exports to keep up, and the power gain was only 15% compared to using enderium as a coolant. Once I factored in the extra space, complexity and spin-up time for the turbines I decided to stick with passive.

Something I did mess with though was exporting the steam to my ME storage so I could build a good stockpile before switching my turbine on. This seemed to work fairly well.

Personally though I would recommend just using passive, maybe with rednet adjusting the control rods dynamically to maximise your efficiency.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019

Fill up a drum with 256,000 mb of water. Use tesseracts setup to transfer steam from reactor to turbine and water from turbine to reactor. You will need 2 tesseracts for the reactor and 2 tesseracts for each turbine. Place the drum outputting using fluid duct with servo to the tesseract on the turbine that is exporting water back to the reactor. There is a bug where the reactor will keep eating water even when it has reached equilibrium, but 1 drum of water is way more than a single 7x7x16 turbine will need. As long as you have setup a closed system with the water returning to the reactor as described you will be fine. The most efficient setup for a turbine is 7x7x16 with 4 rows or 32 blocks of enderium and 10 rows or 80 blades. Set the steam rate to 1750 mb/t and you will generate 21,0000 rf/t. Your reactor is probably capable of running 3-4 turbines as I have described. It will take approximately 30 minutes for the turbine to reach full speed. If the drum runs out of water but the turbine is not losing speed then you are fine and the water/steam has reached equilibrium and more water in the system will just get voided due to the bug I mentioned.

Reactions: Bagman817