Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Crumbology

Jul 29, 2019
Would you be able to use slaughterhouse on a tank of squid in water, or would grinders be the best tool for automated squid slaughter, for .. whatever you can gain?
If you want the food drops you would want a grinder, for just ink sacs a rancher will provide infinite ink from 1 squid, but a slaughterhouse should get liquid meat from them with no problem.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
And either will give mob escence? I'm not quite insane enough (yet) to kill withers to get cursed earth for a passive source of escence, so I'm looking at other vanilla mechanics.
It's a skyblock, mobs will spawn wherever it's dark. I get crazy amounts of mob essence just putting a grinder on a 5x5 dark room.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
And either will give mob escence? I'm not quite insane enough (yet) to kill withers to get cursed earth for a passive source of escence, so I'm looking at other vanilla mechanics.

Vanilla dark room spawner with a grinder to kill mobs.

Edit: Ninja'd

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
I keep randomly getting asparagus seeds while near my farm. I have not planted any asparagus.
I'm not complaining because free stuff but it's somewhat disconcerting. What will the Asparagus Deity ask for in return for these gifts? o_o

Reactions: Jerx99 and Equitime

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
I keep randomly getting asparagus seeds while near my farm. I have not planted any asparagus.
I'm not complaining because free stuff but it's somewhat disconcerting. What will the Asparagus Deity ask for in return for these gifts? o_o
Known issue. Just be careful with the asparagus. Eating too much can make...stuff...smell.

Reactions: Gimply Goose

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
Right now, I have two quests to complete in the Hoarding quest line, cobble and dirt. I've got just over half the cobble (about 23M) and about half the dirt (300 odd thousand). I slightly stuffed up on the purple madness, I was working towards 100 buckets of manyullyn, I plugged a full ender tank into the QDS, I lost about 7 or 8 buckets before I turned it off. Normally I be annoyed, but I was producing it with bees, so it was pretty easy to get.

I still need to make 7 or the 8 magnets, they chew up a heap of diamonds, I'm getting them with bees too, but you need a lot of diamonds to make 1 level 8 magnet. My biggest delay is the Wizard chain, I've never used blood magic, so I've been kinda putting it off.

As a side note, I really hate infusion crafting. I think that it's a great mechanic, but I just hate it. First infusion was for a use golem core, so minor instability, I'd put something like 12 heads around them, nope, it nukes something, doesn't just knock it off, nukes it into crap. Queue running around to get more essentia, clean up taint, get another item. Second infusion, Alchemy golem core, also minor instability, same again, nukes something, "mop and bucket to aisle 3". Imagine my trepidation if I have to do a moderate instability like a brain in a jar for the quest. Nothing went wrong. FML.

poxun

Jul 29, 2019
OK! I have just 3 things left... and am stuck... (last quest spoiler!)
  1. the drones for Bragging Rights -> Bee Domination... which are ticking away and will be done soon
  2. 4 magnets for Bees & Trees -> Magnetic Personality... just waiting on the gold from drill and sifting
  3. The 4 Iridium ore for The End -> Jack of All Trades... which I have absolutely no idea how to get :(
How on earth do I get the one thing I'm missing? Please don't tell me its a final troll?

EyeofEnder

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone tell me which devs/forgecrafters are behind the nicknames in the quest book?

I know that:

The Jaded One = jadedcat (duh)
The Drunk Tinkerer = MDiyo
The Notorious Ones = Direwolf20 + Soaryn?
The Way of flowing Time = wayofflowingtime (also duh)
The Lord of the Forest = SirSengir
The Organized One = AlgorithmX2

Anyone know who the other ones are?

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Can anyone tell me which devs/forgecrafters are behind the nicknames in the quest book?

I know that:

The Jaded One = jadedcat (duh)
The Drunk Tinkerer = MDiyo
The Notorious Ones = Direwolf20 + Soaryn?
The Way of flowing Time = wayofflowingtime (also duh)
The Lord of the Forest = SirSengir
The Organized One = AlgorithmX2

Anyone know who the other ones are?
the cute one is morvelaira

Crumbology

Jul 29, 2019
As a side note, I really hate infusion crafting. I think that it's a great mechanic, but I just hate it. First infusion was for a use golem core, so minor instability, I'd put something like 12 heads around them, nope, it nukes something, doesn't just knock it off, nukes it into crap. Queue running around to get more essentia, clean up taint, get another item. Second infusion, Alchemy golem core, also minor instability, same again, nukes something, "mop and bucket to aisle 3". Imagine my trepidation if I have to do a moderate instability like a brain in a jar for the quest. Nothing went wrong. FML.

Honestly 12 heads is nothing, i have something like a 100 crystal clusters beneath my altar, and have very few problems with instability and have yet to see any flux. To get around the stuff being knocked off the pedestals aim a hopper at each pedestal and put extra items in there, it will automatically refill the pedestals as long as spare items remain.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
If you dare 2.1.5 and reset your nether, you might get some, the odds where improved (from what was apparently so close to 0 as to not matter) though if you wait a bit longer .... well, check the bug thread about .5.
This. Reset or find new chuncks (you'll know when you see oddball ores like Osmium and Mythril, lol). Just mined one up over night.

poxun

Jul 29, 2019
This. Reset or find new chuncks (you'll know when you see oddball ores like Osmium and Mythril, lol). Just mined one up over night.
TBH as last quests go this is just a bit rubbish. Especially on a multi player server where it will just get harder and harder everytime someone gets to it... and when I update 2.1.6 (not touching 2.1.5)
and being a multiplayer server we had enuf problems with nether portals linking back to wrong islands (including it making new return portals at random locations on wrong islands) and stuff to not want to ever reset the nether ever.