Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Is there an explenation anywhere of just what's going on with the TiCo tool leveling system? Is it extra modifiers, taking the space of the modifiers I wouldnormally get or...
Both. You get random modifiers for free as you level as well as blank modifier slots but you end up with the same total number of modifier slots as if you had added all 3 extra modifier slots.

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
You have to either power the output (red) side or insert a pneumatic servo and set it to ignore redstone signals.

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
Is igunia also responcible for ...

well I got a paper headed pick, and as that was almost useless due to such a low mining level, I put a diamond on it... mining level did NOT increase to level 3... how much of what I expect to happen, isn't going to happen?
Iguana nerfed TiCo massively. It fits best in packs like MF. It is in AgS for the tweaks side, such as crafting repair, clay buckets, and simpler blank pattern recipes, as the leveling part isn't necessary, and your second pick can be a cobalt if you so desire. In MF it takes a while to get to iron tier because of the leveling system.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
I'm stupid when I comes to powering things. Do i need dynamos or can I just put a redstone torch next to it? (the redstone torch doesn't seem to work so I need a little more explanation with this Cx )
Assuming you're talking about your itemducts, you need a redstone signal. Pop a piece of cobble onto the duct, put a lever on it. Although, as mentioned, in your set up, you're better off getting rid of the ducts and just moving the chest right next to the hopper.

Side note, took a second look at your picture. Vacuum hoppers have a roughly 5 (I think) block radius, you don't really need one every other block like that.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
How is this?

Hoppers feed directly into any inventory [like a chest] - I don't think itemducts have an actual inventory, so you can't hop into them.
Ducts can auto-extract from inventories if you give them a redstone signal/configure with servo.

Personally I didnt even use a vacuum hopper- just sieves with water flowing across the top and a normal hopper.

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
Two things.

Do Primal Aspects accumulate if you surround a research table with crystal clusters? They have the shiny dot in the top left hand corner, but the numbers aren't going up.

I'm trying to do one of the bee quests, and I need to generate soulful wax, which requires soulful comb. These only come from Soul or Spirit Bees, which require for breeding Attuned Bees. These are a base type, which I can attract to artifical hives. The Ex Nihilo Thread states that I need them near the void, done that, they're at Y level 2. Near Forestry flowers, done that, one rose and one flower. Must not be able to see the sky, done that, it's pretty close to the middle of my platform way up higher. In a mountain biome, bugger, there are none near by that I can see, but I thought that I read a brief note from someone that they managed to do it without. Has anyone had these work without Mountain?

SynysterBear

Jul 29, 2019
Wait until the cotton is fully grown. It should give an extra seed. Also use bonemeal on a grassy area, pretty high chance is get a seed or two.

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
Two days ago I had a map going in single player. Then I put AS on my server. All was good. Then when I went back to play single player, my info on single player was reset.

Fast forward to today. I was playing on my server. Backed up my save to check offline. Now when I went back online, my progress for many parts of the book was nearly complete. Whereas my nephew, whom i'm playing with, still has his at normal.

Is there a way to fix this without screwing everything up again? And what would cause this to happen in this first place ? Deleting the players.dat file, or even my individual file doesn't seem to help.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
I'll file it under "more unlucky then I dare imagine" as I went until I had a stack of cotton, but no extra seeds.

I've been doing the grass and bonemeal, gotten almost everything from the food mod (and egads that's lots of trees, plants and bushes), but again, almost none of the little pink seeds that mean freedom from silkworms.

I'm starting to think it's time to retire my darkroom and make a proper mobtrap, one using convayor belts should be fine. 3 tall to capture endermen. NOT in the enchanted forest as to avoid peck and whisps (I'll capture them latter, likewise the bliz), so the desert feels like my best bet. Course, mixed type, I'm rather sure I can't just drop them to death properly, so I honestly don't want to bother with more of a drop then the bare minium, do I?
Invar spikes will do a dandy job of killing the fellows. If you're not flush with invar, punji sticks will do the job as well (just won't get the rare drops).

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I'll file it under "more unlucky then I dare imagine" as I went until I had a stack of cotton, but no extra seeds.

I've been doing the grass and bonemeal, gotten almost everything from the food mod (and egads that's lots of trees, plants and bushes), but again, almost none of the little pink seeds that mean freedom from silkworms.

I'm starting to think it's time to retire my darkroom and make a proper mobtrap, one using convayor belts should be fine. 3 tall to capture endermen. NOT in the enchanted forest as to avoid peck and whisps (I'll capture them latter, likewise the bliz), so the desert feels like my best bet. Course, mixed type, I'm rather sure I can't just drop them to death properly, so I honestly don't want to bother with more of a drop then the bare minium, do I?

Pams adds a cotton crop as well.

Reactions: immibis

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019

You can try sheeps and rancher for wool then pulverise it for string :)

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
I thought I now had all I needed to make cryrithium but now I find out I need something called niter. As far as I see there are 3 options for getting it. Pulverising sandstone, nether saltpeter ore or bees. I haven't actually ventured into the nether yet. Turning sand into sandstone and then pulverising back into sand for a chance of getting it sounds too much trouble. So it's either mine the nether or bees. hmmm!!! Any other options?

Just set up a pulverizer supplied with sandstone (with AE, or igneous extruder + pulverizers) and leave it running constantly.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
If you are able to pick cotton off your cotton plant, and reset it back to an earlier growth stage, then hint: It's not fully grown.

Wait a little longer, the white cotton fluff goes away, and you get a final stage where you harvest seeds.