Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

steelblueskies

Jul 29, 2019
82 lives here =) Giving a few out early and then slowing down/stopping would probably make good sense. Perhaps unlock it as a super expensive crafting recipe? Regardless, once you get a jetpack, and pay attention to lighting, it becomes difficult to die.

Edit:
Oh wow. Don't suppose you'd care to share that story?
did you happen to see her(!) visit the nether on stream once upon a time? that was what? 20 lives in ten minutes? or stray and soaryn with fireball? though it can be hard to tell how much is omgwtf and how much is just putting on a show for a stream...

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
I finally got around to blood magic (beyond the sacrificial orb) and am actually surprised at how much I'm liking it, especially the dagger of sacrifice on zombies and creepers. However, the resource costs are now definitely going up. Wondering how I'm gonna have to get the magician's blood orb...
I haven't started on beekeeping or my high oven yet, by the way, because I need to free up one of my metal-producing smelteries for the high oven's scorched beicks, and for the bees...I just don't feel like beekeeping.

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
I gave up guessing how many lives people would use when I watched someone lose 40 in 5 mins. You can change the config setting to Max lives = 20 or something.

If anyone's interested, it's hqm/hqmconfig.cfg and the parameter is I:MaxLives=<value>

there are a couple of other interesting config's in there as well.

How does setting max lives work? does it not give you a heart if you're on max lives? or if you consume a heart on max lives it does nothing? If the later, it doesn't resolve the issue, as you can just save your lives.

Ultimately, it depends on how carefully you play, and how good you are at the game. For some, 2 lives will be one two many, and for others 255 will never be enough.

just my 2 cents worth.[DOUBLEPOST=1399609949][/DOUBLEPOST]
I finally got around to blood magic (beyond the sacrificial orb) and am actually surprised at how much I'm liking it, especially the dagger of sacrifice on zombies and creepers. However, the resource costs are now definitely going up. Wondering how I'm gonna have to get the magician's blood orb...
I haven't started on beekeeping or my high oven yet, by the way, because I need to free up one of my metal-producing smelteries for the high oven's scorched beicks, and for the bees...I just don't feel like beekeeping.

I tend to alternate between automating things, and playing with quests. I'm playing with quests when I find that I'm waiting on a hoarding or go with the flow quest to continue building.

Which reminds me, work on cobble gen, 7M is still 35M short of how much I need.

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
Once you have 2 ender pearls you become invincible to 99% of all death situations. Make a warp book. Link a page 1 block above a pool of water in a safe room and call it "Emergency". Now when you are in trouble, click your warp book and in SSP it pauses the game. Warp to your "Emergency" warp. You can use this if you catch fire, fall from a high place, fall into a pool of lava, encounter a bazillion hellfish or any possible death situation you can think of. In SMP you just need to have fast reflexes and you can survive most deaths using a warp book.

Reactions: cannajan and netmc

Yomammabe1

Jul 29, 2019
Once you have 2 ender pearls you become invincible to 99% of all death situations. Make a warp book. Link a page 1 block above a pool of water in a safe room and call it "Emergency". Now when you are in trouble, click your warp book and in SSP it pauses the game. Warp to your "Emergency" warp. You can use this if you catch fire, fall from a high place, fall into a pool of lava, encounter a bazillion hellfish or any possible death situation you can think of. In SMP you just need to have fast reflexes and you can survive most deaths using a warp book.

.... You fool, you've doomed us all! SHE'll hear you and change it...

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
.... You fool, you've doomed us all! SHE'll hear you and change it...

I've mentioned it before as well as the OP of geysers. Does not make a lot of sense to remove fans from open blocks, but leave in geysers as they are even more OP than fans. If anything I think warp books should be made a little more expensive as they are pretty easy to come by early game and abuse. They were initially added for server owners to have an easy way for players to get to their starting islands and to/from each other islands.

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
I've mentioned it before as well as the OP of geysers. Does not make a lot of sense to remove fans from open blocks, but leave in geysers as they are even more OP than fans. If anything I think warp books should be made a little more expensive as they are pretty easy to come by early game and abuse. They were initially added for server owners to have an easy way for players to get to their starting islands and to/from each other islands.

I'll admit that I used my warp book to get me out of the nether when I was being monstered by some hellfish, but I also use it to just move around my base at times. That is one thing that they're useful for.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
I think the problem with warp books is that they are basically mystcraft link books with following and maintain momentum.

Maintain momentum's drawbacks can be fix with a pool of water, as you mentioned.

Following is just really powerful.

If the goal is to let people get to their island, and see other people's islands, then you just want fixed, non-movable books on each island that lead to spawn, and books on spawn that lead to each island. So you want them in bookstands, and you want the bookstands to be "locked" so that people other than JadedCat cannot remove the books.

MiniMoggie

Jul 29, 2019
How do you trade with pechs? I captured one in a safari net and put him in a fenced area. I put a name on him with a name tag to stop him despawning. He's now called George. I've tried right clicking George with various items in my hand but he doesn't respond. I even threw a gold block at him but he just stands in his pen and holds it. What am I doing wrong? I suppose I could put him in my auto-spawner but I wanted to try trading first.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
How do you trade with pechs? I captured one in a safari net and put him in a fenced area. I put a name on him with a name tag to stop him despawning. He's now called George. I've tried right clicking George with various items in my hand but he doesn't respond. I even threw a gold block at him but he just stands in his pen and holds it. What am I doing wrong? I suppose I could put him in my auto-spawner but I wanted to try trading first.
give him more lucrum rich stuff, you'll see some particles when he is ready to trade

ThePixie35

Jul 29, 2019
My new ore processing. Tripling with High Ovens.
D5g2CfE.png

Sorting with deep tanks.
jr6rmwI.png

John.E

Dec 18, 2013
Doral, FL
Question, I have 2 teak trees and 2 silver lime trees and about 12 high pollination bee sets in addition to 2 industrial apiaries with sieve upgrades. Should i not be getting either cross breeding on the trees for balsa, or some sort of pollen from those 2 tree types (I need silver lime pollen for the mutator)? I also had just silver limes trying to get silver lime pollen but no luck. Am I going about this incorrectly? this is 2.1.2 and im trying to get blue mahoe saplings.

Looks right. I guess I only have the obvious suggestions: Are you wearing the glasses so you can see the mutations? Also, maybe the "bees" can't reach the trees through the glass?

Reactions: TaintedHorizon

TaintedHorizon

Jul 29, 2019
Looks right. I guess I only have the obvious suggestions: Are you wearing the glasses so you can see the mutations? Also, maybe the "bees" can't reach the trees through the glass?

Thanks for the reply! I have the spectacles on and I thought that the bees ignored walls and so forth. I will try to remove the glass and see what happens.