Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
On servers is chicken chunks chunkloaders enabled by default, or would i have to turn them on in congfig?

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Water is not a good coolant. In AgS, capturing an enderman in a spawner means that resonant ender is actually an easy, and remarkably good, coolant to use.

In addition to 500RF/t per fuel rod block in the design the other performance target you want to exceed in an AgS Big Reactor is to get a fuel effiency of at least 60kiRF/mb. (not becuase, with a laser, you arn't going to be drowning in fuel anyway, but it is a matter of pride :p)

Also, *know* that blocks that are not directly in a line N/S or E/W of a reactor core block do NOT contribute at all to the cooling or radiation moderation effects in a reactor. If you build reactors as a grid (rather than a chessboard) this leaves a lot of interior spaces that can be filled with glass (the worst performing (that I know of)) of all the substances with no change in the operating temperature, RF/t or reactivity.

I think that a chessboard pattern reactor can really be considered as two interleaved reactors, a "black" reactor and a "white" reactor, but the cooling blocks have to do double duty on the cooling front (but still provide only the same amount of moderation).

This means you can fully cool a 4 control rod, arbitrarily high, reactor with a mere 4 source blocks of cryotheum, by balancing the source blocks on columns of glass and letting it flow down the sides.

firas55556

Jul 29, 2019
-----snip----

That reminds me, I need to look and see if the wand recharge stand and the upgrade that allows it to use compound aspects is from vanilla thaumcraft, or if it's from one of the addons.

Its from vanilla thaumcraft(compound aspects in nodes would essentially be worthless without em)

Namorax

Jul 29, 2019

Thank you very much!
Does anyone know anything about chisels and how to level them (meaning: getting some modifiers on them)? Otherwise I guess I'll have to ask the author him/herself.

how do you get lily pads for bees?

That question popped up a bit earlier in this thread:
You can either get one with your fishing rod and apparently there's the possibility of rightclicking with a crook on a dirt block that sits at the bottom of a 1x1x1 water pool.
I can confirm the first possibility, but I didn't try the 2nd one yet.

Erasmus Crowley

Jul 29, 2019
how do you get lily pads for bees?

There is an undocumented feature in Ex Nihilo that helps with this. Make a small pond with a dirt bottom. Stand in an area where the water is exactly one block deep. Make sure there is nothing above you, so that the pond is exposed to sunlight and right click the dirt below you with a crook. It takes a while to dig out a lily pad, but it'll work.

This 'feature' is going away in 1.7 because you'll be able to fish up lily pads with a vanilla fishing pole, which is why I never got around to documenting it on the official forum post. Somebody could probably add it to the wiki, but to the best of my knowledge it hasn't happened yet.

Yomammabe1

Jul 29, 2019
There is an undocumented feature in Ex Nihilo that helps with this. Make a small pond with a dirt bottom. Stand in an area where the water is exactly one block deep. Make sure there is nothing above you, so that the pond is exposed to sunlight and right click the dirt below you with a crook. It takes a while to dig out a lily pad, but it'll work.

This 'feature' is going away in 1.7 because you'll be able to fish up lily pads with a vanilla fishing pole, which is why I never got around to documenting it on the official forum post. Somebody could probably add it to the wiki, but to the best of my knowledge it hasn't happened yet.

Hello new compost source.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
That question popped up a bit earlier in this thread:
You can either get one with your fishing rod and apparently there's the possibility of rightclicking with a crook on a dirt block that sits at the bottom of a 1x1x1 water pool.
I can confirm the first possibility, but I didn't try the 2nd one yet.

the 1x1x1 hole worked thx

Jul 29, 2019
SUCCESS!
B38C2ED.png
Also guys, is this a bug?
I just got 2000 vaccus from a DSU, like WTF>?!

Last edited:

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
ok oblivion bee use to need end stone has this changed? also the infernal bee not using netherrack?

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
For some reason, my Harvester/Planter combo is running FAR slower than it should be, even with a sprinkler with bonemeal nearby its production is anemic at best. I suspect this is because it is breaking and replacing rather than using the right click functionality. Has anyone else experienced this?

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
For some reason, my Harvester/Planter combo is running FAR slower than it should be, even with a sprinkler with bonemeal nearby its production is anemic at best. I suspect this is because it is breaking and replacing rather than using the right click functionality. Has anyone else experienced this?
What are you trying to grow? I've seen a large variety of speed of growth depending on the item. How large is the farm you are using? Is the issue that the mature crop isn't being harvested or that its taking forever to grow as well? There's a number of variables here and without knowing your exact setup its hard to narrow it down specifically.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
What are you trying to grow? I've seen a large variety of speed of growth depending on the item. How large is the farm you are using? Is the issue that the mature crop isn't being harvested or that its taking forever to grow as well? There's a number of variables here and without knowing your exact setup its hard to narrow it down specifically.
It is taking forever to grow, it seems. I'm using a standard 3 x 3 farm of Soy, Potatoes, and Tomatoes. Each one has its own separate harvester and planter, I've already used servos to make sure that the right seeds are going to the right planters and that the fruits are going to the proper barrels. They just seem to take for flippin' ever to grow. Like hours of real-time.

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
It is taking forever to grow, it seems. I'm using a standard 3 x 3 farm of Soy, Potatoes, and Tomatoes. Each one has its own separate harvester and planter, I've already used servos to make sure that the right seeds are going to the right planters and that the fruits are going to the proper barrels. They just seem to take for flippin' ever to grow. Like hours of real-time.
Weird. You could try larger plots :) I'm using 9x9 and i get decent quantities. Also, tomatoes don't need a planter. they only go to 50% when they get harvested. Soy did seem like it was growing slow for me as well so they may just be slow growing. I just gave it time and did other things :)

If you really want to speed it up you could use a MFR fertilizer. You can use the forestry fertilizer for it which is nice and easy to make (2 sand and 1 apatite iirc).

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Ok guys, I'm going insane, I love bees so much now with gendustry o.o
u7B5Tq6.png
Gendustry is awesome :) I have a collection of bees going myself. Don't feel like using an ender thermic pump? or tons of crucibles? use bee's! want extra resources? use bees! Its crazy and I love it! I have my bees all in a row and labelled for what each one is for. I can't remember off hand what all I have, but I know I have bees for extra diamonds, emeralds, phosphor (for lava production), wither skull fragments, manyullyn, ardite, cobalt, purple dye (well, I stopped their production since I finished that quest), redstone, ghast tear, and I'm sure there's more but I can't remember off hand....stupid work getting in the way of playing AgS!

Reactions: Jadedcat