Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

SynysterBear

Jul 29, 2019
Fortune is good early game but when you get to the Point of automation you are better off focusing on streamlining

Sent from Space, Ireland

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
So, after upgrading my 18 cyclic assembler setup, two 8 high smelteries couden't keep up with my production (2 gravel, 1 sand and 1 dust sieving all with 3 autonomous, all smashed with a fortune 3 hammer)(ps i am still looking for a solution to keep fortune 3 hammer, probably will use biblio craft since the MFR autoanvil didnt want to accept my diamonds) so i upgraded to 27 cyclic with a diamond chest/hopper system for overflow. I can run at full speed including 2 hammering setup.

So for keeping hammer up, i had 3 idea:

One: pull it out at 99%, autodisenchenter to remove fortune, autoanvil to reapply it (how do you pipe in there btw)
Two: have a man made supply of fortune 3 unbreaking 3 hammer and keep them in the activator
Three: apparently, according to ex aliquo, there is a modifier for Tico tools to make them act like hammer, but it also says you can't put fortune on it...

Anyone have another method (knowing I want at least fortune 3 on them hammers)

Use a fresh diamond hammer instead of diamonds in the anvil.

Hito_

Jul 29, 2019
As soon as I had the power I just move to pulverizers and feed directly into the AAs. Now I'm having my ore autocrafted by AE and sent into a High oven then made into ingots there.

(Edited for clarity of my whole ore system)

Last edited:
Reactions: Bagman817

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I have stacks and stacks of ingots just using A regular sieving system. I only have one sieve running at the moment, and after the first couple hours, I have more than enough materials for all my builds so far.

My next big build is a MAC (from AE). That should let me bypass the banks of cyclic assemblers and send directly to a hammering system.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
As soon as I had the power I just move to pulverizers and feed directly into the AAs
Same. The only resources I'm 'short' of (i.e. don't have ridiculous amounts of) are diamonds/emeralds and redstone. All the hammering becomes a poor return on investment before too long.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
TiCo weapon with hammering modifier and lots of luck added (to simulate fortune), and a flux capacitor to use energy versus durability. You could have an item duct connected to an energetic infuser to recharge and a PRC controlling how often the item duct pulls the item out to recharge.

I do something like this for a small autospawner setup I have for when I need specific items (like wither skulls/hearts/witch drops/liquid xp/etc)

I had a similar issue with the autoanvil and just using diamonds. I did get it to repair a hammer if I actually made another one to go in there, but that can get expensive fast.

I've gotten to the point where I have so much of the sieve materials that fortune doesn't matter anymore so I just use stone hammers.

What do you put to get the hammrring modifier? And are you sure it's compatible with fortune? (I will try it anyway :D)

And i know it's not worth the trouble to fortune it, but I like to do complicated stuff :3

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
What do you put to get the hammrring modifier? And are you sure it's compatible with fortune? (I will try it anyway :D)

And i know it's not worth the trouble to fortune it, but I like to do complicated stuff :3

According to the Ex Aliquo post (http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/2391195-addon164-ex-aliquo-an-ex-nihilo-companion/)

Diamond hammers are hard enough and heavy enough to make for very powerful mining tools. By making a tool Hammered, it gains the ability to smash blocks into other blocks. It's also very, very heavy so tools do extra damage

By default, the following tools can be Hammered:
Pickaxe
Shovel
Mattock
Chisel
Bow
Hatchet
Scythe

As long as you have modifiers available on the tool I don't see why you couldn't do hammering and luck on the same tool. Just have to spend some time leveling it up first to get those modifiers. I would also suggest using thaumium for those extra modifiers :)

I haven't tried it yet, so I'm anxious to hear how it works out!

firas55556

Jul 29, 2019
According to the Ex Aliquo post (http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/2391195-addon164-ex-aliquo-an-ex-nihilo-companion/)

Diamond hammers are hard enough and heavy enough to make for very powerful mining tools. By making a tool Hammered, it gains the ability to smash blocks into other blocks. It's also very, very heavy so tools do extra damage

Pickaxe
Shovel
Mattock
Chisel
Bow
Hatchet
Scythe

As long as you have modifiers available on the tool I don't see why you couldn't do hammering and luck on the same tool. Just have to spend some time leveling it up first to get those modifiers. I would also suggest using thaumium for those extra modifiers :)

I'd be hesitant to use this on a pick you care for, had a quite decent back up one that I added hammered too.
Problem was it brought speed down to 0 and wouldn't do cobble hammering anymore :S
May possibly have been a bug that was later fixed(was in 1.10)

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012

Pickaxe
Shovel
Mattock
Chisel
Bow
Hatchet
Scythe

They are hardcoded not to go on the same tool.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
They are hardcoded not to go on the same tool.

Pretty sure i read that :(

I'll cope unbrraking 3 and fortune 3 books i think... Assuming i have 9 of them per activator they will last for about 20.000 blocks for all 9, won't need to change them too often!

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Pretty sure i read that :(

I'll cope unbrraking 3 and fortune 3 books i think... Assuming i have 9 of them per activator they will last for about 20.000 blocks for all 9, won't need to change them too often!

Seriously though you could fairly easily manage having two unbreak 3, Effi 5, fort 3 hammers and repair them in an auto anvil with a fresh diamond hammer. You're virtually guaranteed to get at least 3 diamonds by the time it even gets down past a quarter durability. Okay maybe not a quarter but half surely.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
The thing is, that if you have it automated you dont really care about 1 extra ore dust.

Ah, but with Fortune III I have turned 1 ore gravel into as many as 3 ore dust.

I mean, in the long run, it is still damn pointless once you have automation up. Except, maybe, if you decide you need an insane amount of shiny ingots for some reason. Beyond that, metal shortage is simply non-existent.

firas55556

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, but with Fortune III I have turned 1 ore gravel into as many as 3 ore dust.

I mean, in the long run, it is still damn pointless once you have automation up. Except, maybe, if you decide you need an insane amount of shiny ingots for some reason. Beyond that, metal shortage is simply non-existent.
Welllll.... my 21X21X21 Reactor disagrees :D

fleutius

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know if there is an actual use for the yellow and green heart canisters, They come as quest rewards, but dont seem to be usable? the ultimate troll?

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know if there is an actual use for the yellow and green heart canisters, They come as quest rewards, but dont seem to be usable? the ultimate troll?

Go to the Tinker's Construct page on your character screen. (Same page where you also put the Knapsack.) There are the slots for the heart canisters, each one of those gives you an additional heart.