Unsupported Agrarian Skies: Hardcore Quest Bug Reporting

• This section is closed. Please do bug reports over at the FTB GitHub repos.
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jin

Jul 29, 2019
I edited this line in the COFH config.
I:MaxItemsInStuffedDucts=0

That shouldn't be causing any lag, it just makes sure there is no buildup in itemducts.

If you really want to download my world and see if it is just as laggy for you, here you go. I've basically turned off and ripped apart a lot of the world trying to diagnose the problem, you probably should run it on peaceful because I removed my magnum torch to check that.

It's definitely the itemducts. look what happened when I placed a DSU besides your ducts.
2014-05-16_03.48.23.png
It also fixed the lag.

Seems like my setups don't cause the issue.
2014-05-16_03.58.44.png 2014-05-16_04.03.46.png
I think it's the multiple inputs. Several input ducts decide to fill 1 crucible, only one gets through and the other one travels around indefinitely.
If you keep your systems small and clean, you should be on the safe side. Or collect the extra cobblestone, you're going to need it.

Last edited:

Keunic

Jul 29, 2019
That setting will disable the back stuffing protection code. The default of 20 should be sufficient to handle most back stuffing situations. Try settings it back to the default of 20 and load up the map again and see if that clears it up. In the mean time, I'll load up the map and see what I see.

Edit: Yup you have majorly stuffed up pipes in that crucible array. You should have left the TE config at the default setting of 20. I loaded up the map with the default and things ran just fine. I then changed my setting to 0 like you stated you have in your config then unzipped the map again and reloaded it and it was lag city. I wrenched a few pipes down there and KABLAMO, cobblestone everywhere :p

It's definitely the itemducts. look what happened when I placed a DSU besides your ducts.
It also fixed the lag.

Thanks to both of you, I guess I should have checked that, I just assumed because those changes were made in 2.1.3 that they should be made in 2.1.4.

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks to both of you, I guess I should have checked that, I just assumed because those changes were made in 2.1.3 that they should be made in 2.1.4.

No problem. Glad I could help. There are also a few loops in the item ducts which can also cause problems as the items loop around trying to fit into an inventory. Even with the back stuffing protection code, you should always have an exit for extra items that cannot fit in the intended inventory.

Setting it to 0 in 2.1.3 was due to a crashing bug because the new back stuffing code could not handle worlds that were already stuffed and on occasion would crash as soon as it encounters the situation on some machines. The version of TE included in 2.1.4 is pretty rock solid with the default setting of 20.

Last edited:

Jin

Jul 29, 2019

You're welcome.

It might require further testing, but I think systems with a single input should be safe as well. My composting was done with 192 barrels all supplied via one itemduct, with loops all over the place. I thought for a while it was because I used hoppers as a buffer, but now I think it's the single input that saved it (without the hoppers i would've needed many inputs to keep up).
With only 1 input, the duct properly blocks when it's stuffed and allows the system to clear out.

Vipersassasin

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, this is a really weird bug concerning the Ex Nihilo mod...

If you place a crucible on top of a torch (like actually placing the crucible on the torch's hitbox) it will not "melt" cobblestone into lava and you have to break it in order to fix it. Ran across this unintentionally.

PiggyWhiskey

Jul 29, 2019

If you place a crucible on top of a torch (like actually placing the crucible on the torch's hitbox) it will not "melt" cobblestone into lava and you have to break it in order to fix it. Ran across this unintentionally.

How long did you wait before breaking/replacing the crucible.
Note that torches are really slow.
It takess 500 seconds for a torch/crucible set up to make 1 bucket of lava.

sjcabc

Jul 29, 2019
For some reason all the quest were reset. Does anyone know what the problem is? Here are some pictures of it.

Attachments

• 2014-05-15_21.49.25.png
    2014-05-15_21.49.25.png
    146.2 KB · Views: 111
  • 2014-05-15_21.49.49.png
    2014-05-15_21.49.49.png
    142.8 KB · Views: 107
  • 2014-05-15_21.49.59.png
    2014-05-15_21.49.59.png
    173.7 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

kinoshi_long

Jul 29, 2019
The quest mod does not currently pick up on when items have been crafted using a smelter, cyclic assembler, auto crafter or MAC. Until it has that functionality or the quest is modified to accept a manual submission instead of a crafted action, you will not be able to complete it.

Well i am using the last version on the FTB and ya i would just like to manul submit it to get it done. thanks for the help. ;}

PiggyWhiskey

Jul 29, 2019
Well i am using the last version on the FTB and ya i would just like to manul submit it to get it done. thanks for the help. ;}
Just recraft it manually. It will re-trigger the crafting quests (not the manually submitted quests).
Just because you're using a MAC for autocrafting doesn't stop the Quest Progression.[DOUBLEPOST=1400217692][/DOUBLEPOST]
Does any one know why the toast Will not take. i am doing the Barging Rights. and any thing that has to be smelted will not work. and the white glass is still Broken... sorry
If you're referring to McAurey's Bragging rights quests. Double check the type of toast. Don't just go by the image.
I think you'll find it's Banana Nut Bread which does have a crafting recipe

sjcabc

Jul 29, 2019
sooo i crafted the planks and it seems like my quest book reset.[DOUBLEPOST=1400218200][/DOUBLEPOST]also all my hearts reset too so i am at square one for questing now

sjcabc

Jul 29, 2019
I am in single player and the crafting of planks just reset the quest book and also i got the reward for the quest too.

Last edited:

hpbotha

Jul 29, 2019
View attachment 11168
It also fixed the lag.

Seems like my setups don't cause the issue.
View attachment 11169 View attachment 11170
I think it's the multiple inputs. Several input ducts decide to fill 1 crucible, only one gets through and the other one travels around indefinitely.
If you keep your systems small and clean, you should be on the safe side. Or collect the extra cobblestone, you're going to need it.

i have encountered a similar problem but i have removed the fluid ducs and that removed the lag ,i run a server and every time i place an item duct the bandwith usage jumps about
20kb's with does not sound like mutch but with 160 ducts it does add up

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019

I will confirm that a torch takes a very, very long time to melt the cobble, and it needs 4 of them.

But it does, eventually, work.

===

Extra Utilities' watering can does not show a recipe in NEI. Only a description of use.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if it's vanilla mechanic whose doing this, or if it's related to warp books, but whenever I warp from the overworld to the nether and vice versa using the warp book, nether portals keep spawning around.
I thought it might be because I didn't have an active nether portal, so I created a portal and lit it, but there's still portals that keep spawning around, where some of them also griefed my island, if you can call it that, but spawning in blocks and thus deleting them

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if it's vanilla mechanic whose doing this, or if it's related to warp books, but whenever I warp from the overworld to the nether and vice versa using the warp book, nether portals keep spawning around.
I thought it might be because I didn't have an active nether portal, so I created a portal and lit it, but there's still portals that keep spawning around, where some of them also griefed my island, if you can call it that, but spawning in blocks and thus deleting them

What version of the pack are you running? When reporting bugs it helps to post what version of the mod-pack you are running.

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
latest 2.1.4 version of the pack

Looks like the warp book mod author knows about that bug. http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/2266303-172164teleportation-warp-book/

You might try only using nether warps while in the nether and vise versa for the overworld. I use warp book to bypass the portal myself without any issues, so I'm not sure why it would be happening. You might try poking the author on his thread linked above to let him know that it is not an isolated scenario.

Nitrate

Jul 29, 2019
Small bug with Blood Magic and its alchemy. It is impossible to produce Sanctus while using the Ballad of Alchemy ritual.
Strangely enough, the ritual does not seem to consider glass as part of the recipe (whereas it is, it works perfectly well without the ritual).

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like the warp book mod author knows about that bug. http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/2266303-172164teleportation-warp-book/

You might try only using nether warps while in the nether and vise versa for the overworld. I use warp book to bypass the portal myself without any issues, so I'm not sure why it would be happening. You might try poking the author on his thread linked above to let him know that it is not an isolated scenario.

I think others may have this problem aswell, but don't notice it. what I think is happening whenever you warp to a location in the nether, where there's no portal, a new portal gets created in the overworld at that location, but because the nether/overworld ratio for portals is different, the portals in the overworld can get created miles and miles away from your island. I think this is happening because at one point I broke down the portal in the nether you first arrive to, and when I warped back to the overworld, new portals started getting created very close by, and started griefing my island. but as soon as I stopped warping to that location in the nether, it stopped

Status
Not open for further replies.