AE's ME Controller constantly disconnecting from the rest of the system.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

SgtPepper901

Jul 29, 2019
It seems to happen often, the ME Controller is not communicating with the rest of it. My only fix right now is to break and replace the controller. 2014-03-01_13.13.29.png2014-03-01_13.13.39.png

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
If you have any ME dark cables that are constantly adjusting state as a result of some level emitter, you will need to understand that any change in the ME system will reboot it. This also means any mid-processing (i.e. multi-stepped processing) will also be interrupted.

Racemol

Jul 29, 2019
The words often and constantly do not mean much in this. What you need to investigate is... When does it happen? Does it happen at a server reboot? Happens when you leave the area and come back? When you order something to be crafted? Warped to another dimension and came back? Etc.. Make it easy for yourself and divide this problem in parts, try to see what action or lack of action is needed to make this happen. The more information you have, the easier it is for us to troubleshoot it and find a solution.

To share some experience.. And I bet you, your problem is the same as I will describe below.
I've investigated this issue a lot on a server and in the end it was always caused by a chunkloading issue. You probably say that's not the case here, but I urge you to check again. On every occasion I investigated this issue, the bases owner told me everything was in the range of the chunkloader.. Until we did find that one ME cable running one block outside the loaded chunks ;)

You can indeed break the controller and put it back, often solves the problem. If not you can try to unload the entire base, wait 5 minutes (make sure a player is not loading the chunks by being nearby) in a remote location and return to the base. This has always fixed the problem for me. Long term fix is to find the part of your ME network that is not in range of the chunkloader.

SgtPepper901

Jul 29, 2019
I think the problem is crafting. But I'm not too sure. It crashes when I am using it and when I am not. I can craft a Compact Windmill without a crash but I can also craft a Lily Pad of Fertility and it will crash it. My only guess is power and I am increasing that. We have a lot of CPUs hooked up. It could be just too many actions to carryout with the power.

budge

Jul 29, 2019
I found that P2P tunnels caused this 100% of the time in one of my bases, chunkloaded or not, if I left the area for any amount of time. I also concur with Racemol's suggestion - ensure again that every single piece of your network is chunkloaded.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
I get this all the time when I log back in (no chunkloaders at my base either). But some mods or blocks are causing chunks to not unload (when I log out) meaning some or part of my base is being chunkloaded without chunkloaders, I'd love to find out which mod/block is causing it as it's causing weirdness to occur throughout my base.

The Snipe

Jul 29, 2019
So a single cable outside the chunkloading range is enough to disable the entire system? It was happening to mine too and I was wondering why, I'd moved the chunk loader in the end, but its cool to know what was causing it.

Blue

Jul 29, 2019
im having same issues here and i double tripled and 4 times checked to see if my cables were out of the chunk loaders range, i even upped its size for the chunk loader and my controller still disconnects

The Snipe

Jul 29, 2019
Power issues possibly? If you are using conduit to power it, use a Energy Cell directly on it to act like a battery and if you have an overall dip in power, the amount in it should drop.

Blue

Jul 29, 2019
mine has a energy cube right behind it and as me and the other person said the controller disconnects from the network. it still has power just no longer hooked to the networked

CheshireKatt

Jul 29, 2019
I had a similar problem recently. The controlled had plenty of power, had cables connected (both standard ME cable and EnderIOs ME conduit). The ME cable was visibly not connecting to the controller. Breaking and replacing the controller fixed it.

My solution was to connect the controller to the network through another AE device (in this case, a ME access terminal). I haven't had this issue occur since.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Blue

Jul 29, 2019
i recently discovered some one placed a portal gun portal in the chunk were my control was, i removed it and now 6 hours later no issues *knocks on wood*

Reactions: The Snipe

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
On my last Unleashed playthrough I would occasionally see this problem when teleporting back to my base (or coming through a nether portal). I'd come back and the ME controller would be disconnected from it's power cable and ME cable, as if the block was no longer accepting the connection to either.

Breaking it and replacing it fixed the problem as did relogging.

Haven't seen it on Monster yet though.

Blue

Jul 29, 2019
well that hidden portal was not it. ME system still disconnects from the controller block