AE Auto Crafting With Rotary Craft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
A really nice feature would be if the workbench either had an inventory (like the RP2 project table) or interacted with chests like the TiCo crafting table. You could then use a semi-automatic approach, ie have AE "autocraft" into this inventory and then do the actual crafting yourself. I'm already half doing that with a chest next to the workbench, but having the items available directly in the workbench would save me from having to clean up my inventory ;)
It has an inventory.

gallowglass

Jul 29, 2019
For what purpose?

Convenience. For example the Tinker's Construct crafting table thinger accesses the inventory next to it. So I can throw some materials in a chest next to the table and have ready access to stuff I need to craft. So rather than going "storage->inventory->crafting grid->inventory->storage" I can just go "storage->crafting grid->storage".

Like it would be cool to be able to put some shafts, gears, ingots, and base plates in a chest next to the workbench and have them accessible from the workbench GUI.

xBlizzDevious

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having the same issue. Autocrafting seems to be impossible without switching off the option. @Reika if I change that on the server config, will all clients that are connected to it automatically know that or will I have to change it on the clients too?

Currently, I'm setting up the worktable with an interface below it and putting the recipes in there, then just manually shaping the recipe (well, shift clicking with NEI) and then putting the output back into the interface manually to let the machine know that it's been made.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Convenience. For example the Tinker's Construct crafting table thinger accesses the inventory next to it. So I can throw some materials in a chest next to the table and have ready access to stuff I need to craft. So rather than going "storage->inventory->crafting grid->inventory->storage" I can just go "storage->crafting grid->storage".

Like it would be cool to be able to put some shafts, gears, ingots, and base plates in a chest next to the workbench and have them accessible from the workbench GUI.
I like that idea, too.

I'm having the same issue. Autocrafting seems to be impossible without switching off the option. @Reika if I change that on the server config, will all clients that are connected to it automatically know that or will I have to change it on the clients too?
I am not sure, given that actual crafting happens in the GUI, which is clientside.

Bukake_Ninja69

Jul 29, 2019
Just use an advanced regulator from gregtech to put the right items in the correct amounts in the required slots, works perfectly, fully automate-able, no cheating by changing settings in files required, no need for dummy items or full stacks.

Example: set "bedrock shaft unit" 1 pcs in slot 4 and "mount" 1 pcs in slot 7, stick an export bus to the bottom and place the work table on the red side -> Automatic Bedrock shaft maker. The regulator will always try to keep slots 4 and 7 filled with exactly 1 of the correct item each. Remember that you have to stick a conveyor module to the regulator and click that with a screwdriver in order for it to accept items from an ae (precision-)export bus.

xBlizzDevious

Jul 29, 2019
Just use an advanced regulator from gregtech to put the right items in the correct amounts in the required slots, works perfectly, fully automate-able, no cheating by changing settings in files required, no need for dummy items or full stacks.

Example: set "bedrock shaft unit" 1 pcs in slot 4 and "mount" 1 pcs in slot 7, stick an export bus to the bottom and place the work table on the red side -> Automatic Bedrock shaft maker. The regulator will always try to keep slots 4 and 7 filled with exactly 1 of the correct item each. Remember that you have to stick a conveyor module to the regulator and click that with a screwdriver in order for it to accept items from an ae (precision-)export bus.

What if you don't use GregTech....?

Reactions: Wagon153

aTeLe

Jul 29, 2019
Ai, then you're out of luck. I know of no other mod with this kind of functionality.
Techworld 2 has no Gregtech ...

btw. I don't know if the RC API is complete, but I think it would be possible to make an unofficial Addon where you put the Worktable together with something else and get a Table for RC-Autocrafting. (imprint recipes, or external inventory, or AE-Patternslots, or whatever, there are many possibilities)
Its for people who like the Worktable as a concept. Reika wouldn't have a problem with the pull request but if he likes the idea, he can maybe adapt it easier than writing it all by himself. so win-win-win? :D

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
It's not like the "issue" doesn't exist anymore, is it?
a) Reika has said that he does not accept pull requests
b) After a certain amount of time posts are referred to as necroposts. They are annoying to the community.
c) You can easily do this with routers, also may I introduce you to configs that Reika has given us to prevent this complaint.

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
a) Reika has said that he does not accept pull requests
b) After a certain amount of time posts are referred to as necroposts. They are annoying to the community.
c) You can easily do this with routers, also may I introduce you to configs that Reika has given us to prevent this complaint.

While I agree with most of what you are saying, is it really a necropost if the conversation is somewhat related to the topic at hand? Doesn't seem it should be, especially since it didn't appear one way or the other that it was resolved.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
While I agree with most of what you are saying, is it really a necropost if the conversation is somewhat related to the topic at hand? Doesn't seem it should be, especially since it didn't appear one way or the other that it was resolved.
Well, necro = dead and we all know what post means. I hope. So a necropost would be a post on a dead thread. Last post was a month ago, the thread is dead.

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
if new information is available, and the old information in the thread is not outdated, its not a necropost.

definition of necro is bringing up an old post to offer no helpful or useful information.

Which I don't think is the case here.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I don't think this argument is being productive in anyway. If you think it classifies as a necropost, just report it and let the mods figure it out. I'm sure they'd rather get a handful of reports on the same thing rather than having to do cleanup in a thread because of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.