AE Auto Crafting With Rotary Craft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

SgtPepper901

Jul 29, 2019
I have my ME Interface setup with the RotaryCraft worktable to create a solar mirror. It seems that it is going to craft it correctly but it wont put the items in the correct crafting slots. It's just throws them in the first available slot. Has anyone correctly set it up with RotaryCraft? Pics would be nice if you have.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Oh my god it's Reika. Love you. Ok here is what I have. (http://imgur.com/a/ePr1Q) And I don't know too much on AE just how to some of the basics. But the worktable's recipes are shaped.
I am fairly certain that this is not going to work. Most of these "inter-machine" pattern recipes involve machines which have no ambiguity about what goes where (eg a furnace with ore in one slot and coal in another). The worktable, however, has no such rules, and allows any items of any type into the left slots.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I am fairly certain that this is not going to work. Most of these "inter-machine" pattern recipes involve machines which have no ambiguity about what goes where (eg a furnace with ore in one slot and coal in another). The worktable, however, has no such rules, and allows any items of any type into the left slots.
Yes the interface will not export items in the layed out pattern. It will export all the items into the first available slot.
A workaround that I have used with Carpenters for example is to supply all but one of the ingredients continuously by export bus and inserting them into the correct slots of the machine(s) by using Routers inserting into specific slot numbers. Then I made the pattern for the item with just the last single item. Might work if you can place the ME interface so it always place that 1 ingredient into the right slot all the time, and then supply the rest of the ingredients continuously by the above mentioned method(or similar).

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Yes the interface will not export items in the layed out pattern. It will export all the items into the first available slot.
A workaround that I have used with Carpenters for example is to supply all but one of the ingredients continuously by export bus and inserting them into the correct slots of the machine(s) by using Routers inserting into specific slot numbers. Then I made the pattern for the item with just the last single item. Might work if you can place the ME interface so it always place that 1 ingredient into the right slot all the time, and then supply the rest of the ingredients continuously by the above mentioned method(or similar).
That may work, but I have reservations as to its efficiency.

SgtPepper901

Jul 29, 2019
It seems the blast furnace will take other items in place where the iron and such goes. In a future update do you think you could lock each slot in the blast furnace to only take what it can use? That'd help automate it.

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
I have an idea:

Adjust the pattern in your interface to have cobble for the first empty slot, a stick for the second, a sapling for the third, etc. in place of all the blank spaces. Configure an export import bus to suck those dummy items back up. This should work as long as the interface doesn't send its items randomly. You may need to use multiples of your first blank item to give the interface time to place all 9 items into the worktable.

Cobble might be a bad dummy item, since the steam engine uses cobble, but you get the idea; dummy items as place holders with an export import bus to clear them.

Last edited:

SgtPepper901

Jul 29, 2019
I have an idea:

Adjust the pattern in your interface to have cobble for the first empty slot, a stick for the second, a sapling for the third, etc. in place of all the blank spaces. Configure an export import bus to suck those dummy items back up. This should work as long as the interface doesn't send its items randomly. You may need to use multiples of your first blank item to give the interface time to place all 9 items into the worktable.

Cobble might be a bad dummy item, since the steam engine uses cobble, but you get the idea; dummy items as place holders with an export import bus to clear them.
Verry good idea, I don't use steam engines anyway. I do have thousands of other garbage blocks too.

Edit: I don't think it'll work for most crafts because when a recipe needs say 2 base panels, it just puts in 2 base panels at the same time so they end up in the same slot.

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
Verry good idea, I don't use steam engines anyway. I do have thousands of other garbage blocks too.

Edit: I don't think it'll work for most crafts because when a recipe needs say 2 base panels, it just puts in 2 base panels at the same time so they end up in the same slot.
Put in 65 base panels then. o.0

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
Make the stack overflow into the second slot that requires base panels. You'd need a full stack for each base panel slot in the crafting recipe except the last one, to prevent them all stacking into the same slot in the work table when placed.

Reactions: NegaNote

ScorpioOld

Jul 29, 2019
There has to be an easier way to do this.

How about Factorization router, is it going to handle slots properly? Also I did not try but there is a key in config which should allow to use craft table for Rotarty Craft, is it going to work if activate? Any issues to expect?

Last question that is not relates to this subject, but I noticed that Fermenter does not accept Yeast and Sugar Canes from neither from Export bus nor from Itemducs. Monster 1.0.11

Thank you for replying.

NegaNote

Jul 29, 2019
There has to be an easier way to do this.
Maybe you could make your worktable automatically balance all of its crafting materials, like the BuildCraft auto workbench does?

...Or is that difficult? Looking at the BC code on github would probably help you in that regard, at least in terms of its auto-balancing algorithm.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Maybe you could make your worktable automatically balance all of its crafting materials, like the BuildCraft auto workbench does?

...Or is that difficult? Looking at the BC code on github would probably help you in that regard, at least in terms of its auto-balancing algorithm.
That would screw up when you are legitimately trying to craft different things in series, plus constantly balancing the inventory would not be good on CPU time.

Status
Not open for further replies.