A couple RotaryCraft questions.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Please read my blank stare as deep and meaningful thought, not the total lack of comprehension it actually is. :|

:p[DOUBLEPOST=1394656934][/DOUBLEPOST]Unless its a joke about how ethnic Brampton is (since you're a local); in which case...I get it!
Woo! Same page! Great success!

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
BTW, Reika, do you always make the machines with a use in mind? Sometimes I just think "why would I use that?"
for example - wooden gearboxes. Wood is a tiny bit harder to get than stone(at least more annoying) and stone gearboxes are better.
Wood is easier to obtain than large amounts of smooth stone early game.

Or fuel enhancer. Maybe I'm wrong and it has its uses, but I believe ethanol + coal is easier to get than BC fuel.
But again, I might be wrong.
It consumes far less of the other ingredients.

Side note; if you send the power from two turbines rotating at different speeds down the same line of shafts they absolutely freak out ;D
What did you think would happen? ;)

Please read my blank stare as deep and meaningful thought, not the total lack of comprehension it actually is. :|

:p[DOUBLEPOST=1394656934][/DOUBLEPOST]Unless its a joke about how ethnic Brampton is (since you're a local); in which case...I get it!

Try Toronto. A few weeks ago I overheard a discussion on a subway, between an Afghani guy with a British accent and an Asian woman with a Southern accent, discussing the antics of an Indian coworker, and who, judging from the guy's imitation, has a Mexican accent.

kilteroff

Jul 29, 2019
What did you think would happen? ;)

Well obviously I wasn't thinking :p It was hilarious though, I can't show it now due to updates.. but they'd go berserk and start flipping from vertical to horizontal really fast and displaying their in / out boxes from 30 blocks away. I like to think it was just a graphical approximation of the stupid levels of shear and counter-rotational forces I was sending through them :D

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Well obviously I wasn't thinking :p It was hilarious though, I can't show it now due to updates.. but they'd go berserk and start flipping from vertical to horizontal really fast and displaying their in / out boxes from 30 blocks away. I like to think it was just a graphical approximation of the stupid levels of shear and counter-rotational forces I was sending through them :D
Actually, that bug is due to excessive numbers of block updates.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Try Toronto. A few weeks ago I overheard a discussion on a subway, between an Afghani guy with a British accent and an Asian woman with a Southern accent, discussing the antics of an Indian coworker, and who, judging from the guy's imitation, has a Mexican accent.
Unlike here in Oakville where we're not all that Ethnic, but we still have a diverse amount of Ethnic Groups. We're just less awesome, I guess.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Unlike here in Oakville where we're not all that Ethnic, but we still have a diverse amount of Ethnic Groups. We're just less awesome, I guess.
I'm in Hamilton now, we appear to be primarily scuzzy white people downtown and snotty white people outside of it =P

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Any chance we can rename this thread "Chatting about Canada"
Well...Southeast Ontario. My knowledge of the rest of Canada is as follows:
  • British Columbia: Pretty but it costs $4000 just to breathe
  • Alberta: Texas of Canada
  • Saskatchewan: Farms, farms, and more farms
  • Manitoba: A whole lot of nothing
  • Quebec: Nationalistic and xenophobic, given recent events, and a lot of hydroelectric dams
  • Nova Scotia+New Brunswick: Fishing
  • PEI: Potato Farm
  • Nunavut+Yukon+NWT: Barren Wasteland

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
Wood is easier to obtain than large amounts of smooth stone early game.
Well, that might be arguable - you don't need exceptionally large amounts of stone to make a gearbox and you definitely wont need a gearbox before you can allow yourself to smelt a stack of stone.
It consumes far less of the other ingredients.
Ah, that explains it.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Well...Southeast Ontario. My knowledge of the rest of Canada is as follows:
  • British Columbia: Pretty but it costs $4000 just to breathe
  • Alberta: Texas of Canada
  • Saskatchewan: Farms, farms, and more farms
  • Manitoba: A whole lot of nothing
  • Quebec: Nationalistic and xenophobic, given recent events, and a lot of hydroelectric dams
  • Nova Scotia+New Brunswick: Fishing
  • PEI: Potato Farm
  • Nunavut+Yukon+NWT: Barren Wasteland
I've been around bits of the eastern part of Canada, and I can tell you, you're pretty much right on those ones(except maybe PEI, but I haven't been there), also it's very wet round those parts. Like, crazy amounts of rain.
Quebec is also our cheese center here in Canada, IMO. They make some DAMN fine cheese, and if you want good Poutine, you need Quebec Cheese Curds. Also Newfoundland and Labrador are filled with some of the nicest people here in Canada. Also one of the few places in the world where they Celebrate St. Patrick's Day as an actual Holiday and not just lip service and a good reason to drink. They also Celebrate Guy Fawkes Night, oddly enough.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
(except maybe PEI, but I haven't been there)
I have. It really is one big potato farm, judging from what I saw.

Quebec is also our cheese center here in Canada, IMO. They make some DAMN fine cheese, and if you want good Poutine, you need Quebec Cheese Curds.
If my last visit there (10 years ago) is to be believed, I would have a rather hard time even finding someone willing to serve someone who cannot speak French (or willing to take the order but compromising the food quality).

Also Newfoundland and Labrador are filled with some of the nicest people here in Canada. Also one of the few places in the world where they Celebrate St. Patrick's Day as an actual Holiday and not just lip service and a good reason to drink. They also Celebrate Guy Fawkes Night, oddly enough.
I knew I forgot a province. ;)