64x [64x] Soartex Fanver - Smooth and Clean FTB

DieserK

Jul 29, 2019
i downloaded it 10 times and put it into the texture pack folder. when i select in minecraft just nothing happens.
i also tried it with the patcher a few times and nothing happens when i select the texture pack downloaded by the patcher, i tried to patch it a few times and still nothing happens :'(
can someone help me pls? i am using feed the beast unleashed!

SoartexFanver

Jul 29, 2019

FTB Unleashed is 1.5.x I believe and texture packs used a different folder structure to 1.6.x with 1.6.x also using a different structure. We currently don't support older versions of our modded pack. From what you have said your trying to use a 1.6.x Soartex pack on a 1.5.x Minecraft version hence why its not working. Trying using the pack from here: http://soartex.net/downloads/#ModPack "FTB Unleashed" this should work. But this is using old and out of date textures. So If you would like more support on textures use a 1.6.x modpack :)

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I know this is probably a very much work in progress, but if you look at the textures for the Geostrata rocks(this is from Monster):
Mxf53tB.png

You will notice that the marble cobblestone(bottom row, 3rd from the left) is using what appears to be the old RP2 marble brick texture. It is also the texture being used by Project Reds marble bricks at present. I was wondering if this was an error and the wrong texture had been used by mistake? Would think that a whitened cobble version like the quartz and granulite would fit much better.

Else good work, and hope to see the top 5 rows improved some day as well ;) (possible also the sandstone, the vanilla sandstone texture doesn't really fit in that well with the brick and cobble).

Reactions: RealSketch

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
I know this is probably a very much work in progress, but if you look at the textures for the Geostrata rocks(this is from Monster):
Mxf53tB.png

You will notice that the marble cobblestone(bottom row, 3rd from the left) is using what appears to be the old RP2 marble brick texture. It is also the texture being used by Project Reds marble bricks at present. I was wondering if this was an error and the wrong texture had been used by mistake? Would think that a whitened cobble version like the quartz and granulite would fit much better.

Else good work, and hope to see the top 5 rows improved some day as well ;) (possible also the sandstone, the vanilla sandstone texture doesn't really fit in that well with the brick and cobble).
That is absolutely great!!!!! :D

gamingmomma01

Jul 29, 2019
Hey there,

I'm using FTB Unleashed, and no matter what I do I can't seem to get the texture pack to work for me.

When I download it from the website, when I attempt to switch texture packs, the game crashes, caused by a rendering screen problem.

When I use the Patcher, the game will load to a completely black screen. Any ideas why this might be happening?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Hey there,

I'm using FTB Unleashed, and no matter what I do I can't seem to get the texture pack to work for me.

When I download it from the website, when I attempt to switch texture packs, the game crashes, caused by a rendering screen problem.

When I use the Patcher, the game will load to a completely black screen. Any ideas why this might be happening?
Are you sure you are using the 1.5 texture pack and not the 1.6 resourcepack?

gamingmomma01

Jul 29, 2019
I'm stil having probelms. When I use the patcher, it doesn't have many of the mods in Unleashed, but, when I download it outright it just causes the game to crash (without and with Optifine).

Evelyne Lachance

Jul 29, 2019
The instructions to install optifine mention to add the Optifine file to "Jarmods", but that tab is not available in the current version of the FTB launcher (I think since the update where it supports 1.6.4?). How do I install it? Tried putting it in the regular Mods folder but then Minecraft simply doesn't start... I'm looking for the easiest, or clearest way, here!

Evelyne Lachance

Jul 29, 2019
So, the description in the Soartex Texture Pack, indicating specifically how to add Optifine to the packs, that's... what, misdirection?

SoartexFanver

Jul 29, 2019
For 1.6.x modded I believe you don't need Optifine installed as said above Forge handles HD Textures the only thing you will lose is any CTM textures from our base pack. I am unaware of how to install Optifine with the FTB Launcher but I bet someone has made a guide somewhere on this forums. But as also said above if you install Optifine/MCPatcher FTB won't support any your pack from crashes/bugs however I will accept texture related bugs if anyone uses these two items as sometimes its our fault.

My recommendation it to not use Optifine/MCPatcher with any FTB Packs are its not really needed with our base pack and we don't have any special textures in the modded patches, but this is my opinion against others :) So install what you wish if you think it will help with FPS/Texture etc... The only main bugs with HD packs and mods is ComputerCraft text not supporting our font, but I change will be made with our modded packs to change to a font which does work (This will be optional change)

In other news new releases of the packs will be out soon, also we are going to dispatch the packs suited to each FTB Pack currently offered. This is so you don't have to use our excessive large Universal Pack with your instances :)

~ artdude543

zenkmander

Jul 29, 2019
Hey there, I noticed updates on your git today but it looks like the patcher itself hasn't been updated yet. What's the average time on that after new git commits?

zenkmander

Jul 29, 2019
That's strange, I'm not seeing some of the new additions in the patcher, like Random Things and Powerconverters.

zenkmander

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like the server is panicking again :p Today's new additions aren't showing up (Advanced Genetics, Necromancy, Fossils)

SoartexFanver

Jul 29, 2019

You would think so :p But no its because we have not told it to push yet, as we have no assigned it any details. When new things get added to our repo and get auto zip'd by our scripts it does not show on the patcher till we give it some details such as "Minecraft Version" or the "Mod Version" so the patcher knows what to do with it ;) Here is what it currently looks like newly added http://prntscr.com/331gaq as you can see no versions are assigned so it won't show. I will add some details now and it will show on the patcher :)