32x [32x] JohnSmith Technician's Remix

DeathGoth

Jul 29, 2019
Hang on a sec let me check real fast..[DOUBLEPOST=1387167126][/DOUBLEPOST]Ya it runs fine on default mc.. Nothing is wrong..

DeathGoth

Jul 29, 2019
I tested the update to bc but the gui completely changed so I cant say much about the new one.. You dont have to add blocks to make the particular things now it just shows what you wanna make.. seen here..

But I am probably going to go back to the original one because I am weird like that.. Also looking at the filler the changed the outside completely to replicate what you see on the inside the print you want to do shows all the way on the outside.. Also probably pic below.

2013-12-15_23.27.53.png 2013-12-15_23.28.00.png

Anyway thanks for the help.. I am curious, do you know where the image files are stored for on the ftb for default mc? I can maybe look and see if I can see an issue.. and the file I am looking for..

Zica

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, so to fix this you're going to have to do a simple task. First, make sure you're using the old version of buildcraft that originally had the issue.

Go into your texture pack, and navigate to JohnSmith.zip\assets\buildcraft\textures\gui\. There, you will see multiple files, but look for "filler.png" and filler_OLD.png". Delete "filler.png" and remove the _OLD tag from the corresponding texture.

This way, you will be able to keep the older version of buildcraft.

lazaruz76

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I'm having a small problem with the patcher. I downloaded 1.2 and got a jar file. for some reason my computer wants to open it with my zip program instead of running it with java. Is there an executable version I could get or did I bork things up? Loved this pack in 1.4.7 but have since moved on to FTBLite2 and would love to have John Smith again.

Greenhawk837

Jul 29, 2019
Did you download it with internet exploder? If so try with chrome or firefox and see if you still get the same problem.

Otherwise try 'open with' and select java from there

lazaruz76

Jul 29, 2019
Downloaded with chrome and using windows 8. Tried open with.. But the option was not there. Don't know this version of windows well.

lazaruz76

Jul 29, 2019
OK Found the open with option. Pointed it at my java install, ran the file, briefly got a black window that stayed on screen for about a sec then disappeared. After that I got nothing.
It vexes me so...

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
OK Found the open with option. Pointed it at my java install, ran the file, briefly got a black window that stayed on screen for about a sec then disappeared. After that I got nothing.
It vexes me so...

If you are still having issues with this try running jarfix. Get it from here.

GingerYeti

Jul 29, 2019
Great pack guys, looks awesome. I know its not a big priority but does anyone have any ideas on how to do the liquids? like some help on how it should be done because when i tried to do it it just looked so aweful.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry to ask, but when will this be updated to 1.6.4 packs, ie. Monster, Horizons etc.
I've always liked JS.

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
it's already at 1.6 it's just missing some of the newer mods, which add a lot of textures so i understand it taking a while to do if they ever get around to it

Reactions: RealSketch

TCcorp

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I have one question.
How do I use or move a texture picture from one texture pack to another? There is two texture picture I want to use from the reg. John Smith Legacy texture pack in this John Smith Technician's Remix.
Those textures are the glowstones and Chiseled Stone Bricks. I like the way they look in the JSL pack than I do in JSTR and would like to just take the two from JSL into JSTR.
Is that possible to do?
By the way, I love this Texture pack so much, especially with Railcraft, my most favorite mod. Amazing work on the texture pack!
Hope to hear from you guys. :)

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I have one question.
How do I use or move a texture picture from one texture pack to another? There is two texture picture I want to use from the reg. John Smith Legacy texture pack in this John Smith Technician's Remix.
Those textures are the glowstones and Chiseled Stone Bricks. I like the way they look in the JSL pack than I do in JSTR and would like to just take the two from JSL into JSTR.
Is that possible to do?
By the way, I love this Texture pack so much, especially with Railcraft, my most favorite mod. Amazing work on the texture pack!
Hope to hear from you guys. :)
Just replace the one that's there already with the one you want, it should be labelled exactly the same in both packs but with different images.
Really easy to do! :)

TCcorp

Jul 29, 2019
I figure that's what I had to do lol.
I wasn't sure because I never done it til now but it works. The one that had animated to it, I learn that I had to move the .meMETA file with it to keep the animated or it would not show the texture.
Thanks RealSketch, really appreciate it. :)

Reactions: RealSketch

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
I figure that's what I had to do lol.
I wasn't sure because I never done it til now but it works. The one that had animated to it, I learn that I had to move the .meMETA file with it to keep the animated or it would not show the texture.
Thanks RealSketch, really appreciate it. :)
NP :)