32x [32x] JohnSmith Technician's Remix

AshtenD

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently using R4 myself, not seeing any issue with any textures (I don't have optifine, it's way too buggy) just adding MFR now

Edit: No issue with texture on the harvester, maybe a fresh copy of the texture pack may fix?

Here we go, I took a couple screenshots. :/ And re-downloading doesn't help. This is FTB Unleashed. I haven't added anything to it.

http://imgur.com/a/Jim6W

Edit: Also, I turned NEI Highlights on to show that it is indeed a Harvester. The problem persists even with it turned off.

Edit2: So... I just logged in to play some more, and the issue is gone. That... was really really weird. I've restarted FTB around 4-5 times now, and it just raaandomly fixes itself.

Lady_Oolong

Jul 29, 2019
Re: Gregtech textures. I tried using the existing unstitcher config on the 1.4 textures but the results were kind of wierd. They may be correct for all I know but there was some ambiguity over whether the unstitcher config for it was up to date so I don't want to post them until I can find time to dig through the files and compare it to current Gregtech.

Lady_Oolong

Jul 29, 2019
2013-08-25_17.29.08.png

I felt like making Mystcraft textures today.

New ink mixer, unlinked book and villager, tweaked notebook. Free to use under the usual JSTR terms.

cupcakesama

Jul 29, 2019
So I combined my old JSTR 1.5 pack with the updates from Leenheart. Then I used texture ender on the folder, loaded it up and it worked. Only issues being animated textures and bronze armor, oh and diamonds use the compass texture from defualt. But I think the diamond problem is more to do with the mod's themselves? I dunno. Can't wait for an 'official and stable' 1.6 version from you guys though.

Your diamonds are now Compass.

Slan

Jul 29, 2019
I'am very sad i can't help, but i can tell thanks, and i do. Thanks for your helps.
I'am actually using Leenhaart pack with faithfull for gregtech that i have add to the unleashed pack.

Thanks for your work. Be careful a new version of the pack is going on, 1.1.4 but i don't know if this change anything. Most probably for ic² only.

Lady_Oolong

Jul 29, 2019
I was working on some Magic Bees/Extra Bees stuff today and I'd like feedback on them.

2013-08-31_17.48.13.png

Beehive textures to match Forestry hives.

2013-09-01_01.34.43.png

Redid the frames with the new Forestry frames as a base including the heretofore undone Oblivion Frame. Also tried making the diamond and emerald shard, and threw in an attempt at jelly babies.

jstr_magicbees_cavehive.png
jstr_magicbees_netherhive.png
jstr_magicbees_endrhive.png

WIP of the newest Magic Bees hives found in caves, the Nether and the End respectively (though I only knew about them by watching Direwolf, they don't seem to work in the current FTB and I had to /give myself copies to verify they existed). They're to be animated textures; the color glow is a noise layer which can be incremented with the offset slider to create the effect (in-world the original ones look like Thaumcraft infused ore but are done with regular animated strips instead of the two layer trick Azanor uses).

Leenhaart

Jul 29, 2019
Lady_Oolong:

The magic bees hives look excellent. The face on the necrotic frame looks pretty low-res and doughy, you could try experimenting with a zombie head instead of the original face.

GoldBattle

Jul 29, 2019
Just to let you know, the small "glare" on the drops is another file that is overlayed on top. Unless that was the look you are going for, I would usually make it smaller, or get rid of it all together by just replacing the file with a transparent file with nothing on it. Everything is looking good, I really like those hives.

Lady_Oolong

Jul 29, 2019
Lady_Oolong:

The magic bees hives look excellent. The face on the necrotic frame looks pretty low-res and doughy, you could try experimenting with a zombie head instead of the original face.

I pretty much copied the pixels from the old necrotic frame into the new one, I could play around with it a bit.

Just to let you know, the small "glare" on the drops is another file that is overlayed on top. Unless that was the look you are going for, I would usually make it smaller, or get rid of it all together by just replacing the file with a transparent file with nothing on it. Everything is looking good, I really like those hives.

The drops aren't my work, they just also happened to be in my screenshot. ^.^; Tweaking them is probably a very low priority.

The normal hives I'm pretty happy with though most of that was breaking down one of the existing Forestry hives into layers and recoloring them. The glowy bits on the last Magic Bees hives I'm not completely sure about; I grabbed the vein pattern from the infused ore but I can't shake the feeling there's something "off" with it. I might try dropping the veining entirely and just have the beehive lines shine through or I can try coming up with something a bit more natural looking.

Leenhaart

Jul 29, 2019
Unofficial JSTR 1.5.2

This is a self-made update for FTB Unleashed (MC 1.5.2). Fixes 90% of the textures for BuildCraft, IC2, Forestry, Biomes o Plenty, Railcraft, MFR, Thermal Expansion, Factorization, Iron Chests, and Nether Ores.

Changelog (r5)

Previous changes: r1, r2, r3, r4

BuildCraft - GUI update.
- Fixed Advanced Crafting Table GUI.
- Made new Auto Workbench GUI.

IC2 - Cable textures.
- Fixed 4x Ins. HV Cable textures.
- Updated EU splitter and detector texture.

Factorization - GUI update.
- Fixed alignment of pocket crafting GUI.

Railcraft - Track update.
- Updated a few incorrect track textures.

Added ports courtesy of Lady_Oolong.
DenPipes
Gravisuite
Magic Bees
Power Converters

* You are free to use any of the changes and additions for making updates to JSTR.
Notes: The MineFactory Reloaded update took the longest and is the highest quality. The Forestry updates aren't so great.

-------------------
Download: Dropbox
-------------------

Reactions: MrZwij and Linte

VileGit

Jul 29, 2019
Hi Leenhart and Lady_Oolong, great work from both of you, it really makes Unleashed look awesome.

You're probably already aware of this, but I did notice a few blank textures:
itemNightVisionGoggles.png
nuggetEmerald.png
nuggetDiamond.png
frameOblivion.png

They look like placeholders or something. I managed to work around it by deleting the files from the zip archive. It seems to default to the original mod textures then.
The nugget textures don't seem to be used in Unleashed anyway, I just found them while searching through the files.

Also, does anyone out there know if there's any plans to release a customiser like JS legacy has? I much prefer the original JS stone blocks over the JSTR ones. I've managed to get them in there by unpacking Leenhart's zip file, copying over the appropriate .png files from JS Legacy and re-zipping it. Seems to work fine, although the modded ores look a bit off... I was just hoping there's a more elegant way of doing it :)

Zica

Jul 29, 2019
Also, does anyone out there know if there's any plans to release a customiser like JS legacy has? I much prefer the original JS stone blocks over the JSTR ones. I've managed to get them in there by unpacking Leenhart's zip file, copying over the appropriate .png files from JS Legacy and re-zipping it. Seems to work fine, although the modded ores look a bit off... I was just hoping there's a more elegant way of doing it :)

Honestly, I doubt it. There will always be more mod textures to do, and we will never reach a "fininshed" state where we can leave the texture pack as it is, so don't keep your hopes up for one.

VileGit

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly, I doubt it. There will always be more mod textures to do, and we will never reach a "fininshed" state where we can leave the texture pack as it is, so don't keep your hopes up for one.

Fair enough, that makes sense. At least the current format of the zip file makes it easy to replace individual textures :)

Lady_Oolong

Jul 29, 2019
Hi Leenhart and Lady_Oolong, great work from both of you, it really makes Unleashed look awesome.

You're probably already aware of this, but I did notice a few blank textures:
itemNightVisionGoggles.png
nuggetEmerald.png
nuggetDiamond.png
frameOblivion.png

They look like placeholders or something. I managed to work around it by deleting the files from the zip archive. It seems to default to the original mod textures then.
The nugget textures don't seem to be used in Unleashed anyway, I just found them while searching through the files

See my post above with WIP textures including the nuggets and oblivion frame. ;) I haven't published them yet because I'm working on other Magic Bees textures to go with them.

AkioKasai122591

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not really sure if this is where I should ask about this, but I'm stumped and can't figure out how to get the results I want.

I love the texture pack, but I have what is kind of a... text issue, and not the one I see most people complaining about.

http://i.imgur.com/WY81a91.png
http://i.imgur.com/gqbBRjP.png

These two images show the differences in the text between when Optifine is installed, and when it isn't(Or when Custom fonts is turned off).

I WANT to get RID of Optifine, but I can't figure out how to get the text to look close and neat and not like some haphazard mess when I don't have it installed. As it is, this is forcing me to keep Optifine in, and I hate it because it has so many forge issues lately. Any help on how to get the text to be neat without Optifine installed would be GREATLY appreciated.