32x [32x] JohnSmith Technician's Remix

Elvardo

Jul 29, 2019
Just to get that out of the way - did you try it without optifine?
Just tested it and it seems to work fine without optifine. The problem for me is, that I need it for performance reasons :( Is there anything i can do to fix this without removing optifine?

Zica

Jul 29, 2019
Just tested it and it seems to work fine without optifine. The problem for me is, that I need it for performance reasons :( Is there anything i can do to fix this without removing optifine?

Could you try using a different version of optifine? So, instead of using ultra, could you try it with multi-core?

southernfriedbb

Jul 29, 2019
Try using blocks other than cobble, it only (At least for me) seems to happen with cobble.

southernfriedbb

Jul 29, 2019
After some testing, as far as I can tell, it only affects cobble xycraft tanks with optifine (Ultra) and JSTR.
I tried it with both vanilla textures and soartex, with optifine, and had no issues.
Building the tank with blocks other than cobble work fine (I tried stone, sandstone, stone brick, and had used marble previously without issues).

Also as a side note, if you use glass in your tank the texture defaults back to vanilla glass when converted into a tank.

EDIT:
Tried using Optifine Standard and have the same issue.

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
I supposed it would be optifine, as the XyTanks use a special effect to show the tanks' boundaries (the glowing blue lines, these are a -hardcoded- feature from XyCraft, e.g., there is no 'glowy blue line texture' that could be the problem) and I thought this might cause OF to hiccup. Other than what Zica and southern said, another similar thing to try would be to 'start' with all OF-settings turned off (AntiAliasing, DoF, Fogcolors, Particles and whatever the heck else there is to turn off^^) and see if that works. If it does, turn on one setting after the other - 'cause if it DOES work when everything is set to minimum, there MUST be one (maybe two) settings, that cause this problem to occur.

Lady_Oolong

Jul 29, 2019
So for those that don't know, Thaumic Bees does a few things with its bees that depend on phases of the moon. The JS moon sprite sheet only includes unique images for full, new and crescent moons. Having the rest is not a terribly hard job, so I added them myself and am submitting the result back to you guys.

Goes in environment/moon_phases.png

moon_phases.png

Edit: I can't seem to get any of the other phases to appear in-game. Am I missing something, like a settings file? Testing without optifine currently, in a customized pack.

southernfriedbb

Jul 29, 2019
I supposed it would be optifine, as the XyTanks use a special effect to show the tanks' boundaries (the glowing blue lines, these are a -hardcoded- feature from XyCraft, e.g., there is no 'glowy blue line texture' that could be the problem) and I thought this might cause OF to hiccup. Other than what Zica and southern said, another similar thing to try would be to 'start' with all OF-settings turned off (AntiAliasing, DoF, Fogcolors, Particles and whatever the heck else there is to turn off^^) and see if that works. If it does, turn on one setting after the other - 'cause if it DOES work when everything is set to minimum, there MUST be one (maybe two) settings, that cause this problem to occur.

Meh, the easiest thing I found for the tank problem was not use cobble, because at least for me, it solves the issue.

southernfriedbb

Jul 29, 2019
Thats nearly like saying : "Just use Railcraft Iron tanks" ;)
Ah and btw - hint
Yes and No, If you wan't to use XyCraft Tanks and JSTR and Optifine, then you're better not using the cobble tanks, Which is what I recommended.
But if you don't want to do those three things, and you have Iron to spare, feel free ;).

SgtWillard

Jul 29, 2019
Checked for a fix/update. Made my own for the apiarist pipes for 1.4.7 if anyone wants.

Attachments

• pipes.png
    pipes.png
    10.5 KB · Views: 99

The Order

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed that the most recent update for GregTech in Ultimate 1.02 is missing most of the new plates and a few other items. Otherwise keep up the awesome work, my personal favorite texture pack of all time.

retep998

NoLifeBunny
Wiki Staff
Dec 31, 2012
Worcester, Massachusetts
I noticed that the most recent update for GregTech in Ultimate 1.02 is missing most of the new plates and a few other items. Otherwise keep up the awesome work, my personal favorite texture pack of all time.
I feel I should point out I already pointed this out over a month ago.
I feel I should point out that Greg has a bunch of new stuff which needs textures.
In particular, all the new plates, as well as osmium ingots/dust/nuggets/tiny dusts.
Also, the new circuit parts for use in the circuit assembler.
Ah well, such is the downside of modpacks. Texturepacks end up not updating until the modpack itself finally updates.
I've been unable to use John Smith for well over a month because my server has an up to date private pack.

GoldBattle

Jul 29, 2019
I feel I should point out I already pointed this out over a month ago.

Ah well, such is the downside of modpacks. Texturepacks end up not updating until the modpack itself finally updates.
I've been unable to use John Smith for well over a month because my server has an up to date private pack.
I'm not sure what version they support, but make sure you check out their patcher. Might have a more to date version on it. They also have some 1.5 texture conversion starting too.
http://jstr.jslegacy.com/patcher.htm

Might not be what you want. But it is the fastest way to get updated textures and to customize your download past ftb.

Glowstrontium

Jul 29, 2019
It's a big task keeping everything up to date to the latest versions, especially with mods like GregTech which seem to update every day with new items and blocks everytime - we simply don't have the manpower for it.

As for the 1.5 update, things are coming along on that front, but with the huge changes to the standard texture format, it's going to be a while before everything's on track - and that goes for all texture packs, not just us.

As a side note, I've been holding off of doing any updates to GregTech, as Shoeboxam has already said he'd make an unstitcher config for it, however as both it and IC2 are still in "beta", he was planning to hold off until things are more stable and less likely to change again.