32x [32x] JohnSmith Technician's Remix

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
So there will be pink squares and so?

No, just untextured stuff in 16x.
Yes and no. If the .png in question already HAS been done in 32 pixels and after that is then changed by the modauthor again, yes, you will have pink squares - for example the recent overhaul made in ThaumCraft and Mystcraft caused a lot of those. Same thing happened recently (see in this thread, a few replies up) with the newly added "Advanced Jetpack" (of which I do not even know what mod it is from^^). Not much we can do about this, other than go back and fix the .pngs in question when told about it. Take note, it's literally hundrets of pngs, so nobody knows upfront which ones need editing before hand. A friendly note in this thread usually helps to speed things up. ;)

Apart of those "post edit pink squares of doom", yes, you will see the "vanilla" textures, that are delivered by the mod authors themselves.

Reactions: Entropy

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
Well, good enough for me, as long as stuffs isn't bugged out like the rubber tree a few posts up :)

Edit: I'd like to give a tip, everytime you update the pack with attachments from this thread you should make a new post saying you added the above attachments into the pack, so when you download the pack you know which ones you will have to install for yourself.. Sexy texture pack :D
The first post has a link to a change log. Check in there and you'll get all the info you need in a nice condensed format.

Strubinator

Jul 29, 2019
Love the pack.
Im curious, how did you get the shaders in the screenshot? I tried installing karyonix's gsgl shader mod with a few shader packs, but none seem to work.

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
If one of you guys wants to take a crack at the Advanced Electric Jetpack in the Ultimate pack I'd be eternally grateful, as it's currently a pink square.
There are a few other tools that will show up as pink squares, if I have compared correctly. But as I do not know (yet) what all those are meant to be, I left them. For now, here's an Advanced Jetpack. I hope you like it. ;)

Ingame:
advjet.jpg

These are the edited files. The "advanced_jetpack.png" is not yet in the JSTR, so it has to be added. The "gravi_items.png" already in there must be replaced by this version - if you want to use it. =)
advanced_jetpack.pnggravi_items.png

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
I do indeed! Thanks. You guys do amazing work, and I feel lost and slightly nauseated when I don't have my JohnSmith. :cool:

EbicNinja

Jul 29, 2019
That's a nice jetpack u got there, thanks :)
I've started a new world in ultimate and so far it seems to work good, haven't found any glitched texturees.

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
I do indeed! Thanks.
That's a nice jetpack u got there, thanks
Thank you, I'm glad you like it. It's just a tiny bit - throw the gratitudes towards the guys in the opening topic. They deserve maximum kudos for all the work. ;)

I feel lost and slightly nauseated when I don't have my JohnSmith.
Same here - thats why I started tweaking JSTR in the first place.^^

Molten

Jul 29, 2019
I am useless at using texture software and something always goes wrong. If anyone out there is using Scottkillen's Marble texture on page 25 in their pack I would be very gratefull for .png I could just drop in and replace.

Sorry to clutter the forum with this request.

Alice

Jul 29, 2019
+1 for that and possibly very brief instructions ... im a texture noob :)

I am useless at using texture software and something always goes wrong. If anyone out there is using Scottkillen's Marble texture on page 25 in their pack I would be very gratefull for .png I could just drop in and replace.

Sorry to clutter the forum with this request.

cupcakesama

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone explain to me where I might find the location of the Glass Panes and Glass Icons? Against the dark brown of the GUI they are almost invisible in JSTR.

EbicNinja

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you so much! :)

Could you explain, just out of interest how you got that from ScottKillen's post into a png?
Right click his pic with the marble texture, save image as: and save it in a folder or on the desktop: then open it and also the file that the texture exist in ( this case world1.png in the JSTR\eloraam\world folder ) and just select all on scottkillen's png and CTRL + C for copy, then CTRL + V into the world1.png and drag it over the old marble/basalt/marble bricks no re-size should be needed!
Hope this helped!
OBS: you will need paint.net or something else that supports opacity, else stuffs like glass/items and so will f*ck up

Alice

Jul 29, 2019
Right click his pic with the marble texture, save image as: and save it in a folder or on the desktop: then open it and also the file that the texture exist in ( this case world1.png in the JSTR\eloraam\world folder ) and just select all on scottkillen's png and CTRL + C for copy, then CTRL + V into the world1.png and drag it over the old marble/basalt/marble bricks no re-size should be needed!
Hope this helped!
OBS: you will need paint.net or something else that supports opacity, else stuffs like glass/items and so will f*ck up
Wow, didn't realise it was that simple! Thanks again.

EbicNinja

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, didn't realise it was that simple! Thanks again.
Yes, it's really simple and it's over 9000 (see what i did there?) video tutorials on youtube about this too, just to search: how to edit minecraft textures

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
I made a mixture of both - I prefer the original marble texture (it's not as repetitive as the one from ScottKillen) but I do like the cleaner look of the bricks. So I used both - and desaturated the yellow tint out of them. I prefer white'ish marble, just use the replacement you prefer. ;)
world1.png

Apart of that, here are some textures for the Soulshard Mod. For now I only made the ones I saw useable in the actual game (at the moment) and left the rest untouched. I also tweaked the Soul Forge to be more .. in line with the color scheme of the crystals.
[Edit:] I decided to use the darker scheme.^^

Soul Forge tex:
soulshards-b.png

EbicNinja

Jul 29, 2019
I made a mixture of both - I prefer the original marble texture (it's not as repetitive as the one from ScottKillen) but I do like the cleaner look of the bricks. So I used both - and desaturated the yellow tint out of them. I prefer white'ish marble, just use the replacement you prefer. ;)
View attachment 2533

Apart of that, here are some textures for the Soulshard Mod. For now I only made the ones I saw useable in the actual game (at the moment) and left the rest untouched. I also tweaked the Soul Forge to be more .. in line with the color scheme of the crystals.
[Edit:] I decided to use the darker scheme.^^

Soul Forge tex:
View attachment 2531
To be honest I can't decide which one was better, but glad you decided I had a big problem with that :D

Edit: Where did the i.png go? with the items?

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
Edit: Where did the i.png go? with the items?
I deleted the unneccessary images. Never use up more space than you have to. In case you like the items and would like to have them included.. may I suggest to go to the first page and download the pack? I was allowed access to the "inner sector" (*chuckles*) of JSTR - so those items should already be in there by now. ;)