[16x] Isabella II: FTB Edition

Gnomeo

Jul 29, 2019
I started working on the Thermal Expansion GUIs tonight, thinking they hadn't been done yet (I wasn't seeing them in-game), but it turned out I just forgot to copy them into my game texturepacks. So I did quite a bit of work before finding Gnomeo's awesome GUIs. However, when I switched to using those, I noticed a few problem areas where things weren't lining up quite right in-game. So I cleaned those up, but in the process added some of the stuff I had done before, as well (I like keeping some of the graphical embellishments that are in the originals, like the water bubbles or the snowflake, so I merged those in). Also finished the ones that weren't done (the engines and the energy cube).

So here they are: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wc2r2uxer34gmrh/isabella_te_gui_frejid.zip

Gnomeo, I am not at all trying to step on the work you did, I just got carried away merging my version with yours, so I hope that's ok with you. Let me know if not though, and we'll work it out. Not that this has to be included in the pack, either. :)

These look great. I realize I may have neglected to submit my fix for the tank overlay (one pixel off when empty), plus you did the GUIs I hadn't gotten around to yet. I haven't had much time lately for Minecraft, so thank you for completing them. I take no offense to changes to anything I submit.

I did, however, notice that Soul Shards had changed their texture file with the update to the MindCrack pack (the soul forge is invisible in the current update). I sent a first pass at an update to MrAndrew.

Reactions: frejid

shanebassist

Jul 29, 2019
Hey you guys I just wanted to thank you for putting together this awesome texture pack. Its perfect for ssp, and I just love the extra work you guys have put into adding all the modded textures. I would suggest however, the maybe a little bit of change is in order to make the aluminum for xycraft and the silver that spawns in the default configs (not sure witch mods silver) more distinguishable.

Zionmoose

Jul 29, 2019
Well....looks like we are going to have a bit of work ahead of us. Actually shouldn't be too bad, but none the less...

A Note on Textures

Starting from this snapshot and forward, blocks and items will no longer load their artwork from one big sheet of sprites. Instead, they’ll have individual files for each image they’re using. The benefit from this is that it will be easier for Mojang to support custom blocks and items in the future. It will also allow Mojang to mix and match block artwork resolutions, and make sure that you get graphics for blocks that your current texture pack isn't updated for. Pretty awesome!

From the current snapshot news.

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
Good to know. Also i am about to post some more screenshots of my other work.

Edit: There you go, also notice the solar panels.
Edit: A little EE3 thrown in here:

kbEK5.jpg

88kdT.png

Darn Buntley

Jul 29, 2019
I updated the texture for the bees in Forestry. Don't know if they look any good. [gfx > forestry > items]
I also updated the blocks with bee holes in them in the blocks.png. [gfx > forestry > blocks]

blocks.png
bees.png

Feel free to add these images to your pack. Also, feedback would be much appreciated. Hopefully, there will be more work from me here, but who knows.
Thanks for taking the time to read this.
And thank you bonemouse and all the contributors of this pack. It is very lovely and my favorite pack at the moment.

P.S. You can right-click the images and click "Save image as..." if you want it on your computer.

Edit 2: I fixed the bees' bodies being one pixel too far to the right. I'll upload it in a few hours when I can. Sorry for that, should have done more testing.

Edit 3: I updated the bees.png file. All good for downloading. Here's what the guys look like when they're correctly oriented...:
2013-01-12_23.12.52.png

MrAndrew420

Jul 29, 2019
I'm thinking about switching downloads to dropbox and would like to know what you guys think.

Using dropbox would mean easier collaboration and quicker updates, but may require you to unzip the files to your texture pack folder.

But with the coming changes to the way textures are handled in game It would be great to have some help in getting things to go smoothly. Dropbox gives me an easy way to let others share the same files and let you guys get the end result sooner.

Please weigh in to help me decide.

KuroNeko87

Jul 29, 2019
Would anyone help me with Millenaire textures? I have here the old ones from the mod support thread in MCF with some tweaks to the new ones. This is the latest sheet.
ML_sprites.png

These Nihongo items are going to be a pain

Gnomeo

Jul 29, 2019
I'm all for collaboration. I'm happy to see so many people contributing.

I know that textures will be one file per block or item going forward, but I still don't know exactly what the file structure will look like. Will we still have to zip the textures to place them in the minecraft folder, or will the new version look at non-zipped files?

I've used Dropbox to fileshare with my D&D group, and as I understand it, anyone can edit/delete shared files. It would allow us to create a menu of sorts for times when multiple contributors have created something to share.

Darn Buntley

Jul 29, 2019
I did some more Forestry textures. This time on the items.
I textured the universal "comb" texture that affects items such as the "Honey Comb" or "Ashen Comb." I also textured the universal drop texture that affects items like the "Honey Drop" or "Acid Drop."

Here's the items.png that goes here: gfx > forestry > items:
items.png

And here's the significant changes in-game:
2013-01-13_17.44.47.png
2013-01-13_17.48.56.png

There are a few other missing textures I filled in if you wanna check those out in the same file. (items.png)
Everything appears to be oriented correctly this time.

Again, feedback is appreciated, so please share your opinion on these guys.

P.S. About switching hosts to dropbox: I think you should do whatever is best for the pack.

If switching will make certain things easier in the coming update, do it. On the other hand, if it makes key processes more difficult, maybe it's not such a good idea.

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
I'm thinking about switching downloads to dropbox and would like to know what you guys think.

Using dropbox would mean easier collaboration and quicker updates, but may require you to unzip the files to your texture pack folder.

But with the coming changes to the way textures are handled in game It would be great to have some help in getting things to go smoothly. Dropbox gives me an easy way to let others share the same files and let you guys get the end result sooner.

Please weigh in to help me decide.

I like the idea, well, actually i suggested it in a pm to Andrew.

EDIT: Now that I got added, would you mind if I moved around with the folders?

Reactions: MrAndrew420

stormkitster

Jul 29, 2019
Still loving this pack as its working very well for me. will this pack still work with 1.4.7? cause my server updated a lot of things. Plus added a few extra mods to spice it up more if i can get a list would anyone be willing to take shot a some textures? just curious if you have spare time. Thanks again for the lovely pack.

Reactions: MrAndrew420