[16x] Isabella II: FTB Edition

ScottKillen

Jul 29, 2019
Also, I should probably point out that your forks will become outdated as the main repo changes. you can google the procedures on how to update your forks (it is also in the bitbucket docs) or let me know--I can help.

Gnomeo

Jul 29, 2019
Also, I should probably point out that your forks will become outdated as the main repo changes. you can google the procedures on how to update your forks (it is also in the bitbucket docs) or let me know--I can help.

So let's say I had an update for ExtrabiomesXL. And I have a pull request pending approval for the main repo. Is it best to wait for the repo to approve and update before sending a second pull request?

ScottKillen

Jul 29, 2019
Create a different branch (create it from the state the master branch was in before your currently submitted changes.) then switch to this branch and make your changes, then submit the second PR from that branch...this way it won't include any of the pending changes.

ScottKillen

Jul 29, 2019
Brad (bonemouse) just announced he will not be updating Isabella beyond Minecraft 1.5.2. He has donated it to the community...so we have his permission to continue the main pack if we wish.

AlfieSR

Jul 29, 2019
Have there been any changes to the main download since the repo was set up? Wrath Fire particles are broken and while it is kind of neat in wrath lamps, I have set myself alight on my wrath forge numerous times.

AlfieSR

Jul 29, 2019
Good to know. I don't suppose a quick hotfix to reimplement the particles using the mod's texture could be done? Invisible wrath fire isn't altogether too fun.

AlfieSR

Jul 29, 2019
There is a small white dot in the default items.png that does not appear in Isabella. Testing.

Yep! Probably wasn't a good idea to test that by burning grass on a superflat world. Oh well. Both Wrath Fire and the Wrath-lamp are fixed with the introduction of that. I'm also going to replace the missing Oblivion Frame texture with the current Nova Frame texture, and put the little C from Steve's Carts creative items on the Nova Frame just to avoid confusion until a proper oblivion frame texture is done.

Oh, for some reason I thought frames were textured. Since they're apparently identical, I'm just going to transfer the oblivion frame texture forward (along with the missing nuggets) to replace the pink squares.

factorization/texture
items.png

gfx/thaumicbees/items
items.png

Oh, that's annoying. I left in a little pink line on the Oblivion frame. Fixed.

MrAndrew420

Jul 29, 2019
Heya Bellites,

I just deleted four long, nonsensical paragraphs about my absence, the beauty of open source, and the future of Isabella II: FTB. The TL;DR version is something like this:

Sorry it's been so long
RL is cray cray
Open source is awesome
Don't like something? Change it
I love this pack
I'll be back

ScottKillen

Jul 29, 2019
News!

Frederikam is back!

Also, I have made some changes to the repository structure:
  • The repository is now branched by Minecraft release. This means you can view, edit and develop textures for any version of Minecraft and even contribute textures for older versions while development is ongoing for 1.6.
  • Contributors should make sure they are working in the correct branch when they submit their changes--as their changes will be added to that banch of the repository.
  • The master branch will always be set to whatever the last official release was...this means that the master branch currently matches the 1.5 branch and will remain that way, even while development is going on in the 1.6 branch. When we release the next official binary, that branch will be merged into the master branch...The golden rule is that the "master" branch should always contain the latest release, regardless of ongoing development.
  • I have added the official releases to the download area. You can also download individual archives containing each branch here.
I know this git stuff is still new to most of you. PM me for help, or google "git workflow" to understand more.
Also...I think it would be great to add FTB credits to the official downloads, including a blurb about bonemouse. What do you all think?

Gnomeo

Jul 29, 2019
I got back from vacation this week and went round and round with the unstitcher before finally getting it to work somewhat. To any contributors who are creating new individual files for 1.5 textures, you may want to wait a bit and let me work on getting what I have to my bitbucket fork, because this may have saved a bunch of conversion time.

Credit goes to the Soartex unstitcher and the fine folks who contributed config files for it.

There will be some review required, I've seen a few textures out of whack, but a headstart is better than square one.

Here is what I got for the Thaumcraft blocks, for example:
nx4IeFe.png

Reactions: ScottKillen and ===

Gnomeo

Jul 29, 2019
Testing, and working on some git issues (sent a message to Scott for advice there). Thought you might like to see some progress, so here are a few early test shots as I ran around in creative last night:

Buildcraft items & blocks
5WTl6Lh.png

Buildcraft stuff in world

Thermal Expansion machines and ores behind

Minefactory Reloaded conveyor belts (the animation works!)

A few Minefactory Reloaded machines

Brick multifarm from Forestry

Getting z-fighting from the multifarms and TE machines

Shots taken in 1.5.2 NGT. The three multifarm shots are from the same position, just moving the mouse slightly to reveal the z-fighting. Still a lot of work to do, as the unstitcher only pulls items and blocks and something will need to be done regarding the z-fighting. Some blocks/items have come over poorly, and some not at all, but it's a start.

Reactions: === and ScottKillen