[16x] Isabella II: FTB Edition

Gnomeo

Jul 29, 2019
I'm very close to having all the pages. Had great luck finding those page shrines in desert and hills biomes.
lol, I've found hills but no desert anywhere nearby. I even took my new Boots of the Traveler (with Haste 2) for a spin the other day and ran in one direction for three Minecraft days with no luck. Time to check the other directions. It was a fun trip, though, those boots are damn fast.

Update: Found a desert next to a Mystcraft villager and hut last night. The mystcraft library had a "single biome" page, and the villager sold me an alpine biome page for 5 emeralds. His next trade is a gold ore page for the low low price of 56 emeralds. Guess I'll be trading a bit before getting the next one.

KriiEiter

Jul 29, 2019
Updated today. The inclusion of the master database was the only change.

Like like like like like like like. I've been doing a lot of bee stuff lately. :p

Any guess on when the extra-bees machines will get a facelift?

lol, I've found hills but no desert anywhere nearby. I even took my new Boots of the Traveler (with Haste 2) for a spin the other day and ran in one direction for three Minecraft days with no luck. Time to check the other directions. It was a fun trip, though, those boots are damn fast.

Update: Found a desert next to a Mystcraft villager and hut last night. The mystcraft library had a "single biome" page, and the villager sold me an alpine biome page for 5 emeralds. His next trade is a gold ore page for the low low price of 56 emeralds. Guess I'll be trading a bit before getting the next one.

Did you knock down all the bookshelves in the library. There's always a chest in one of the two corners towards the entrance. (unless you were meaning the library as the mystcraft villager hut, then nevermind.)

Gnomeo

Jul 29, 2019
Like like like like like like like. I've been doing a lot of bee stuff lately. :p

Any guess on when the extra-bees machines will get a facelift?

Did you knock down all the bookshelves in the library. There's always a chest in one of the two corners towards the entrance. (unless you were meaning the library as the mystcraft villager hut, then nevermind.)
Can't say about the machines. I prefer to stick to GUIs and leave most of the item and block texturing to the Creative People(tm). The fix today just put the vanilla texture up in place of the pink square. Trees and bees are next on my list of to-do's, since my Thaumcraft research is mostly behind me. I took a quick look at the GUIs and I'll need to figure out how to make them work with the canon Isabella interface.

I didn't touch the bookshelves. I was referring to what I believe to be a Mystcraft hut. It was a smallish house with bookshelves and a couple lecterns. One of the lecterns had a Mystcraft page on it.

Reactions: KriiEiter

KriiEiter

Jul 29, 2019
Can't say about the machines. I prefer to stick to GUIs and leave most of the item and block texturing to the Creative People(tm). The fix today just put the vanilla texture up in place of the pink square. Trees and bees are next on my list of to-do's, since my Thaumcraft research is mostly behind me. I took a quick look at the GUIs and I'll need to figure out how to make them work with the canon Isabella interface.

I didn't touch the bookshelves. I was referring to what I believe to be a Mystcraft hut. It was a smallish house with bookshelves and a couple lecterns. One of the lecterns had a Mystcraft page on it.

Was it a cobblestone building, or a villager house?

If it was a cobblestone building, knock down the bookshelves. There's generally 3-7 pages in the chests.

AlfieSR

Jul 29, 2019
Silverwood Saplings work for about a tick when you place them, then change into a pink box. Works fine in-hand though.

MrAndrew420

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, sorry for the inconvenience... It's been fine up until this month. Managed to use 600% of my bandwidth. Working on getting everything fixed.
Silverwood Saplings work for about a tick when you place them, then change into a pink box. Works fine in-hand though.
That's weird. Is this happening for anyone else? They are working fine for me. What version of TC are you using? Which modpack?

boom16

Jul 29, 2019

if your using the universal ftb config file pack then try without it installed as it caused that to happen to me.
upon further testing it seems that its nei's highlight tips option being set to shown that might be causing it.
Both reason confuse me but ether way the texture error doesn't seem to be the fault of the pack.

AlfieSR

Jul 29, 2019
Oh yeah, it's the highlight tips thing. Apparently it also makes Greatwood Leaves appear as Silverwood Leaves when you mouseover them.
That's really fucking weird.

Gnomeo

Jul 29, 2019
Working on a few GUI fixes for Thermal Expansion. The configuration icons are all out of whack. I still have the main skin to do on the tesseracts, and the gear icon in the config.

I'm also brainstorming on Extra Bees GUIs. One idea so far for the Acclimatiser:

My thought was to focus on the biomes mainly used in Forestry for beekeeping, and to put them in a honeycomb pattern with the "progress bar" colorizing them as it works. I think I'll put a frame around it both to highlight the honeycomb shape and also to make the progress more apparent because some of the biomes are flat-colored to begin with (snow biome changes from white to...white :rolleyes: ) and the progress is hard to follow.

frejid

Jul 29, 2019
For the Acclimatiser, one thing I tried to do when designing some of the GUIs was to make abstract shapes that resembled the original GUI iconography in some cases. I'm talking about the kind of thing you see in Bonemouse's original GUIs for things like the bubbles in the brewing stand GUI, the pyramid in the beacon GUI, or even a lot of the potion effect icons. So that's an idea here, maybe use abstract shapes that resemble each biome, and color them solid as it fills? (that would avoid the snow going from white to white for one thing.) I like the honeycomb pattern idea, too.

Darn Buntley

Jul 29, 2019
I had a novice go at re-texturing the Electric Jetpack and the Mining Laser from IndustrialCraft 2.

Here's the Electric Jetpack in item form and equipped.
2013-03-10_17.40.43.png

2013-03-10_17.41.04.png

2013-03-10_17.41.16.png

And the Mining Laser :
2013-03-10_18.03.02.png

I even re-textured the laser texture.
2013-03-10_18.09.36.png

Let me know what you think of them and feel free to edit them at your own leisure. I'm not sure of the jetpack's design or of its equipped texture. Feedback would be much appreciated.

P.S. To whomever made the Marble and Marble Brick textures, I give you great kudos. That is my favorite texture in all of the pack. Well done!

The Electric Jetpack and the Mining Laser textures are located in item_0.png which is located in ic2/sprites.
The laser texture is located in laser.png which is located in ic2/sprites as well.
The equipped jetpack texture is located in jetpack_1.png which is located in armor/ic2.

Attachments

• item_0.png
    item_0.png
    41.1 KB · Views: 72
  • laser.png
    laser.png
    300 bytes · Views: 65
  • jetpack_1.png
    jetpack_1.png
    714 bytes · Views: 61

MrAndrew420

Jul 29, 2019
Just wanted to post to say that while I haven't had much time to work on the pack, it has not been abandoned. I am currently working on textures for my new favorite little mod Bibliocraft and there should be more coming soon.

Also wanted to say that Darn has joined our little "team". Everything he has submitted has been gold and I'd like to encourage anyone else who is interested in contributing to send me a PM and I will help you get started.

Though I would have liked to get a Git going so that it was completely open-sourced, it's all just a bit above my head. I feel that Dropbox was the best way for me to let other people into the mix and still be able to manage it to some extent.

Gnomeo

Jul 29, 2019
Welcome Darn!

I've been slowly putting some updates together behind the scenes for Thermal Expansion and a pre-update change to Thaumic Bees. I've still got some work to do there, but should be updating sometime this week.

Update: I've updated with Thermal Expansion's GUI changes and the new items & blocks from Thaumic Bees.

Reactions: MrAndrew420

MrAndrew420

Jul 29, 2019
Now that the ultimate pack is out, I've actually started playing FTB! Just wanted to share what I have so far.

Day 01:
QnOyuqs.jpg

Day 05:
gl90RuV.jpg

Also wanted to give a big shout-out to ScottKillen (ExtraBiomes Code Monkey and the old proprietor of Isabella Mod Support) for helping me to get a Git set up for us. Everyone give him a virtual pat on the back the next time you see him on the interwebs. More details on the Git coming soon-ish

bob marley

Jul 29, 2019
Hey just an idea from the crowd but could you start a changelog when textures are added or updated. If there is one i have totally missed it and a link would be awesome, thanks for the work on this pack it is one of my top two packs.

ScottKillen

Jul 29, 2019
Now that the ultimate pack is out, I've actually started playing FTB! Just wanted to share what I have so far.

Day 01:
QnOyuqs.jpg

Day 05:
gl90RuV.jpg

Also wanted to give a big shout-out to ScottKillen (ExtraBiomes Code Monkey and the old proprietor of Isabella Mod Support) for helping me to get a Git set up for us. Everyone give him a virtual pat on the back the next time you see him on the interwebs. More details on the Git coming soon-ish

These pictures are nice! (and the git repo is my pleasure!)[DOUBLEPOST=1363230756][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hey just an idea from the crowd but could you start a changelog when textures are added or updated. If there is one i have totally missed it and a link would be awesome, thanks for the work on this pack it is one of my top two packs.

I can't speak for MrAndrew, but having a git repo make that fairly easy.