[16x] Familiar yet Different [1.6.X-1.7.X][FTB][Dead]

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
Morton, do you have a pack for the FTB 1.2.5 pack? I've been wanting to play that but I'm having a hard time playing the game without this TP now, it feels weird!

Morton00000

Jul 29, 2019
I'll see what I can throw together.
I will not bother with any of the GUIs though because of various changes between then and now.
I should be able to have a mostly complete item/block texture pack for that in a few hours since most of the textures are done I just need to reorganize them to work.

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
I'll see what I can throw together.
I will not bother with any of the GUIs though because of various changes between then and now.
I should be able to have a mostly complete item/block texture pack for that in a few hours since most of the textures are done I just need to reorganize them to work.
Sounds great! Thanks!

Morton00000

Jul 29, 2019
I'll just leave this here.
MkpOs.png

RIIzE.png

vfIfZ.png
Time to mess with the texture stuff in the new snapshot.

Reactions: Greevir

Cman333

Jul 29, 2019
Just in case no one noticed, the drop-box link comes up with error 500 whenever I click on it. Not sure if it's Drop-box or just my computer derping.

Morton00000

Jul 29, 2019
Well hello all.
Greevir and Cman333 I would like my pack on the launcher also but I'm not sure who to talk to about it.
Also here is a little something for the latest snapshot.
I've been doing a lot of work with the animated textures and I would like to know what people think of the new flowing water animation.
Also various blocks have been animated in this small test version.
The most noticeable one is the torch, but several ores and anything that uses redstone (with the exception of the redstone block) have been animated.

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
Well hello all.
Greevir and Cman333 I would like my pack on the launcher also but I'm not sure who to talk to about it.
I've been doing a lot of work with the animated textures and I would like to know what people think of the new flowing water animation.
The most noticeable one is the torch, but several ores and anything that uses redstone (with the exception of the redstone block) have been animated.
I like the water. The animated ores look good but really hard to notice the "glint" on them. I really didn't noctice anything different from the redstone stuff but thats maybe because I don't use it much. Red alloy wire for the win. Looking through the zip though and omg..... so many tiny little files.... Oh as to putting the TP onto the launcher, I think you should try to PM a Launcher Dev or maybe even Slowpoke. It really deserves to be there.

GoldBattle

Jul 29, 2019
-snip-
-snip-
PM jjw123 on the forums and he will sort you out. Liking your progress so far and am liking how even a 16x pack can look good (I'm use to my 64x one). Keep up he great work!

Cman333

Jul 29, 2019
Well hello all.
I looked at the new animated texture system on the minecraft wiki, and I really like it. I think that it will now be much easier for the magority of texture pack creators to make animated textures, without it being too complex. I looked through the texture pack file, and I like what I see so far. Just a suggestion though, could you possibly have the lights on the command block turn on or off everyonce in a while?

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Morton. DW20 pack v4 added a new mod, charge pads. They could use some of your love. Thanks!

Morton00000

Jul 29, 2019
Well its about time for another reply.
GoldBattle thanks for the info but I have already sent Slowpoke a message thinking things need his approval first, if I'm wrong he will probably let me know.
Greevir I have added support for that in the Dropbox version it will be in the next release.
Cman333/Greevir about the animated textures.
I was just messing around and will probably put more work into it later, it is a lot easier to do animations now if you look at the old water animation (40 frames) and the new one (5 frames).
Also the blocks that have lit redstone on them (repeater, booster track, so on...) have an animation but it is very infrequent (15 seconds before repeat) so I can understand why you might not have noticed them. (the ore animation is also not meant to be a major thing)

RockJB

Jul 29, 2019
You have the arrows on the Forestry Backpacks wrong. The green ones are supposed to point up, and the yellow ones are supposed to point down.

Also, great texture pack, keep up with the great work :)

Morton00000

Jul 29, 2019
I am amazed you noticed that, thank you though.
It has been fixed in the dropbox version and will be fixed in the next major release.

Nalkrien

Jul 29, 2019
Your infernal brick is the same color as the nether brick, you should make it a little darker than nether or make it lighter than the blast furnace brick.

Morton00000

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry but no they are not.
ovDdw.png

infernal brick left, nether brick right
This image was made using textures that haven't changed in the last few releases.

Nalkrien

Jul 29, 2019
Oh I see what my problem was, I was viewing it on my TV what made the colors very similar but when I did a screenshot on my monitory the difference was more noticeable, on the TV it wasn't that noticeable.